It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill of Rights Modification?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hello all, We are all aware of the Bill of rights which is the first 10 amendments of the US constitution:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, and of assembly; right to petition

* Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.

* Third Amendment – Protection from quartering of troops.

* Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

* Fifth Amendment – due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, eminent domain.

* Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and rights of the accused; Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel

* Seventh Amendment – Civil trial by jury.

* Eighth Amendment – Prohibition of excessive bail and cruel and unusual punishment.

* Ninth Amendment – Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

* Tenth Amendment – Powers of States and people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like an additional Amendment added that has provisions for the Right to Anonymity and Right to Privacy. We live in a world where we are required to be identifiable by any means necessary. I am afraid that our basic anonymity on the internet is about to be taken away. It is being chipped away every day, little by little. I am required to produce my SSN and Drivers license at the most mundane things. The internet is the only place where I feel free at times, but I still at times feel restricted knowing the fact that my ISP provider has all my information.

I think we need this new amendment for the Right to Anonymity and Right to Privacy as basic human rights. Right now Privacy laws are only limited to:

* Health privacy laws * Financial privacy laws * Online privacy laws * Communication privacy laws * Information privacy laws * Privacy in one's home

I still think even these are being breached. We are communicating via internet, but how private are our communications.

Here is the wikipedia for Internet Privacy:
en.wikipedia.org...

And the wiki for General Privacy Rights. There are so many laws revolving around it why not just make it a Constitutional amendment.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Pretty sure everything is going through the NSA, America even outsourced some of it's internet provider's work to Israel if I remember correctly.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hmm, screwing around with the US Constitution, I don't like it.

How about becoming a lawyer? Obviously it's not hard, that moron Orly Taitz did it. If you were a lawyer, all your communication would be strictly confidential attorney client privilege.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There are certain powerful individuals in this country that would love nothing more than to re work our nations founding documents and principles. Perhaps you can get them to change things for you.

At least three White House advisers and officials, including President Obama's regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, have ties to an effort funded by billionaire George Soros to push for a new, "progressive" U.S. Constitution.

WND first reported last week that Sunstein's wife, Samantha Power, has been a champion of a Soros-funded doctrine, entitled "responsibility to protect," which was used by Obama to justify engaging in an international military alliance to bomb Libya. As the National Security Council special adviser to Obama on human rights, Power reportedly influenced Obama in his decision.

Now it has emerged that Sunstein has maintained extensive ties to Soros' funding, particularly with regard to a movement that openly seeks to create a "progressive" consensus as to what the U.S. Constitution should provide for by the year 2020.

Even Eric Holder has been involved with these folks. Not surprised when you look at Holder's track record as AG.

WND has learned that in April 2005, Sunstein opened up a conference at Yale Law School entitled, "The Constitution in 2020," which sought to change the nature and interpretation of the Constitution by that year.

That event was sponsored by Soros' Open Society Institute as well as by the Center for American Progress, which is led by John Podesta, who served as co-chair of Obama's presidential transition team. Podesta's Center is said to be highly influential in helping to craft White House policy.

The Yale event on the Constitution was also sponsored by the American Constitution Society, or ACS, which has been described as a group meant to counter the work of the Federalist Society, which has been at the forefront of the push for a more conservative judiciary since its launch in 1982.

The ACS is the main organization behind the movement to ensure a more "progressive" constitution, having received more that $2,201,500 from Soros' Open Society since 2002.

Attorney General Holder served on the ACS board of directors.

www.wnd.com...

I do agree with the OP in regards to an ever increasing problem with privacy in this nation. Our world has changed rapidly over the last 10 years. The methods of communication and commerce have been reshaped forever in ways that could have never been conceived at the time of our founding. Everything we do requires SS numbers, email addresses detailed contact information etc. Every major retailer now has a "customer rewards" program in one form or another.

Those programs are nothing but data mines for tracking spending and purchasing habits. Its all rather creepy considering that it is all veiled under a BIG SAVINGS cloak. Savings that are not extended to those without special membership cards.

new topics

top topics

join