It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cube - Blew my mind!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hi All,

I just wanted to share this movie i watched recently.

It isnt new, it was made in 1997 but for that year i think it was an awesome movie. Almost like Saw but far better, I just couldnt beleive i hadnt seen it untill now.

7 complete strangers of widely varying personality characteristics are involuntarily placed in an endless kafkaesque maze containing deadly traps.

IMDb - Cube (1997)

Since watching the first movie i also watched the sequeal and it was very similar but even more confusing and 'hyper-dimensional'' - the trailer doesnt quite do it justice but it's also a pretty good movie.

Eight strangers find themselves waking up in a strange cube-shaped room with no recollection of how they came to be there. Soon discovering that they're in a strange fourth dimension where our laws of physics don't apply, they have to unravel the secrets of the "hypercube" in order to survive...

Cube²: Hypercube (2002) - IMDb

It also seems there is a third movie in the series but i havent gotten around to watching that as yet....

If you get a chance, its not such a bad movie for 1997 standards and originality.

My Rating -

3.5 / 5 - Tin Foil Hats

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Cube - Great movie!

Cube 2 - Bash your face with a frying pan stupid movie.

Pretty good mind-banger Cube is tho!!

Must add it to my collection, forgot all about it!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Cube - Great movie!

Cube 2 - Bash your face with a frying pan stupid movie
There is also Cube Zero.

EDIT: To add, I thought the all 3 movies were pretty good. It's a great concept for a horror movie, the mathematical aspect makes it interesting. There aren't too many movies like Cube.

edit on 28-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I havent seen Cube 3 yet, is it worth it?

I tried to look up the trailer for it but they all looked like fanmade type of trailers and it didnt really give me any idea of what it was about...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yeah Cube was definately better than Cube 2. Although i like all that hyper cube sort of stuff, dimensionality etc.

It was one of those movies that leaves you with more questions than answers at the end.... kinda like Lost

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well, yeah, it kind of reveals some information about who and why, but from memory it isn't super great.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by badw0lf

Yeah Cube was definately better than Cube 2. Although i like all that hyper cube sort of stuff, dimensionality etc.

It was one of those movies that leaves you with more questions than answers at the end.... kinda like Lost

Haha so true! I only remember cube 2 being a mass disappointment for me. I may need to rewatch it.

But LOST... Oh god... I spent so long waiting for the goods to be treated to that tripe!!!! WAA!! :/

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
i watched all 3 cubes in a row, i think by the end my mind was shifted around as much as thoose rooms

i liked them though. Its good to see movies that are different

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tcmkenny

What i liked about them as well, at least in the first two movies, is that although they are very similar in background they are very different in many ways as well.

I can't speak for Cube 3 though, i havent seen it as yet...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well if you liked the first 2, i suggest you see the third.

i agree, the whole idea behind it is unique

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tcmkenny

ok will do... ill post a reply when ive read it... and give it an ATS Tinfoil Hat rating lmao... i like that idea. If your gonna post a movie in ATS movies, it should also have a Tinfoil Hat rating.... I can't use stars, that idea is already taken....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I LOVED the Cube movies!! It's been a while since I saw 2 & 3.. I think I fell asleep during the 3rd one, it's quite a bit different than the first 2. But tells the story a bit more.. Very interesting stuff tho! Love the first scene of the first show.. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yeah! The Cube was awesome. I give it 4/5 tin foil hats myself. =P

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I liked all three of them . The third one is a bit slow, but it explains more about the origin/background of the cube system. My favourite is still Hypercube.

new topics

top topics

join