It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mugabe drafts bill to ban human rights groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
July 23

"PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe's government plans to ban international human rights groups from Zimbabwe and cut off overseas funding to local organisations promoting rights, according to a draft bill obtained by AFP today.
The move comes amid concerns of political violence in the runup to the elections and accusations from one of Mugabe's most outspoken critics, Archbishop Pius Ncube of Bulawayo, that the ruling party will use food to buy votes.

More than five million people in Zimbabwe will need food aid this year, according to UN aid agencies.

In the past, Mugabe has accused some NGOs here of being "trojan horses" that received money from abroad "to be used against us".
news.com.au...

This Dictator is up there with the worst of them. A 100% nutcase.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
yup the guy has lost all touch with reality at this point.

the reason why his people are starving is because he took all the farmland that produced most of the nations food away from people who were white because they were white and gave them to people in his own "party" that havent the faintest clue how to farm so the fields are going to waste and no food is being produced and now the country is going to need even more aid than it did before and now he wants to shut all that out.

apparently he doesnt hate just white people he wants to kill his own people as well.

somebody needs to do that country a favor and put a bullet in his head.

altohugh refusing aid reminds me of kim jong il in nroth korea, where his people have reduced themselves to cannibalism in the past. perfectly good fields and crazy kim would rather put tons of money into his military instead of seed to feed his people.

anything about mugabe at this point wouldnt surprise me. you could report next week he raped and killed his own mother and it wouldnt phase me a bit. that guy is just bad for everyone in his country, black or white.

new topics

join