It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A lot of people actually believe in Hell (and Heaven of course). But lets just examine the logic of this belief for a moment shall we. The bible states, those who cannot accept Jesus Christ as their savior will be sent to hell. It seems you don't even need to sin to reach hell, or you have to do is demand proof before believing in God, and your golden ticket to eternal suffering will be on the way.

Listen good; God has this brilliant plan, "he" creates these sinning monsters of society that unleash terrible suffering on others (remember God also created Humans in "his" image), and Gods answer to this unfavorable scenario is to do the exact same thing to them (make them suffer), but it lasts for ETERNITY. Yes, you will suffer forever, on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on ...

Oh...I forgot to mention, Hell is really hot, so be careful, you wouldn't want to DIE AGAIN!!! This is a place designed by your so called God made specifically to inflict an infinite state of torture, for "sins" such as homosexuality might I add. This is the logic of an infinite all knowing entity? Sounds like the logic of a stupid Human to me. An ignorant, hypocritical, small minded, narcissistic bigot.

edit on 28-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If we're all going to Hell, then it looks like Jesus is coming with us!!

edit on 28-3-2011 by Skate because: S&F for brilliant post on Hell

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
My opinion on the bible, what i have read of it, is that it was written as an old way of trying to understand the world and taken right out of context for the next however many years. We were all created/formed somehow in the beginning by either atoms smashing together or whatever, so in that sense we are all from the same thing. Heaven is just an idea of peace on earth when everybody gets along, no wars or conflict etc. A nice idea, but its never gonna happen. And hell is just a way of scaring people into believing in "God". Thats the way i see it anyway

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hell is not a literal place of torment. But if you really cared to seek out knowledge, you would have known that.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

So if it's not "literal suffering", what type of suffering is it? Do you mean it's not physical suffering? It's still infinite suffering right?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Sorry but you are part of a cult called christianity

it is said that only 144,000 will be saved.

Are you one of those?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Okay, I think George Carlin said it best, honestly...

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

I realize, of course, that for believers there's a great deal more that they associate with the concept of "god" and "hell", but when you boil it down to the bare bones argument that so many fire-and-brimstone folks throw in your face, this is the concept. God is mean, God is vengeful, God is VERY PARTICULAR about what you do in every area of your life. God will punish you eternally if you live a life that he feels is sub-standard. He will throw you into a fiery pit and let demons have their way with you, and he won't shed a tear for you. But, again, it's only because he loves you so much.

Sounds like an abusive relationship to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Careful stating the truth around here tends to lead to some serious bashing by nutcases..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sidthekid26

So God is a wifebeater? Time for a divorce then!!! I wonder if his rules still apply on other planets or even the moon?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

AMEN!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Unfortunately as with most texts written so long ago man has fiddled with it to suit their own purpose.

Hell, satan, demons etc etc are all metaphysical concepts which are supposed to encourage the practitioner to develop themselves.

Hell - A state of mind where the individual experiences great suffering due to their actions, actions which are influenced by demons.

Demons - Attributes of the mind like greed, anger, envy, hatred etc.

Satan - Literal translation from Hebrew 'My Enemy' ultimately our own ego.

Heaven - See Hell but replace Demons with Angels and it being a place of great joy.

Angels - Attributes of mind like love, compassion, kindness.

IMO the root goal of Christianity is to defeat Satan and his Demons aided by Angels and achieve the kingdom of heaven.

That of course is my take on Christianity in a nutshell, it also works for every other religion. Religion is wonderful at its core, it is just a shame that some people use it to further their own agenda.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Dont be so decieved, God did not create hell for man , But for the devil and his angels, When man sinned, God had no option but to cast him down with the original sinner satan

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

thats a pretty good take and agree for the most part
I may come back and "script nazi" it (remember Seinfelds "soup nazi"?)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I dreamt of satan. In this horrible dream I was in hell .. a cave with steam lava it was horrible. Then I saw this man sitting on a large boulder he approached me. He was wearing all black clothes has really blonde hair and was very handsome goodlooking. He stood about 10 feet away from me and then I saw who he was. He commenced to transform into this really ugly hidious serpent like beast with his tongue and teeth lashing out at me wanting to destroy and swallow me up. At this point I was sad that I didnt wake up from this dream / vision. I then lifted up my arms in the air and looked this hidious monster in the eyes and said begon in the name of Jesus Christ. Then thank God I woke up at that point. I never want to see this again

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shroudnews77
I dreamt of satan. In this horrible dream I was in hell .. a cave with steam lava it was horrible. Then I saw this man sitting on a large boulder he approached me. He was wearing all black clothes has really blonde hair and was very handsome goodlooking. He stood about 10 feet away from me and then I saw who he was. He commenced to transform into this really ugly hidious serpent like beast with his tongue and teeth lashing out at me wanting to destroy and swallow me up. At this point I was sad that I didnt wake up from this dream / vision. I then lifted up my arms in the air and looked this hidious monster in the eyes and said begon in the name of Jesus Christ. Then thank God I woke up at that point. I never want to see this again

Hell is real man, and its worse, Far worse and more terrorfying than that for all eternity.
I heard this one song from a sinner in hell, It goes for 30 minutes, It freaked me out and made me realise even more how real hell is, Ill post link

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The prophet Emmanuel Swedenborg was a man undoubtedly touched by God to see and understand much of the other side. If you are after some good inspiration from someone who has devoted their life to the topics of our relations and correspondances to heaven and hell, I highly recommend exploring his thoughts. Nothing made my chosen religion make more sense for me than his works, because I needed to figure matters of theology out from a much more expansive sense than I found from the texts of the bible. Everything made much more sense after reading "Heaven and Hell", yet that also required a broad comprehension of many topics covered.

Man from his birth is in the midst of infernal societies, and enters into them, precisely as he develops the evil affections of his will. These are all derived from the love of self and the love of the world; the reason is, that these loves turn all the powers of the mind downwards and outwards, thus to hell, which is beneath them, and extraneous to them, and so he turns them away from the Lord, and thus from heaven. The interiors also of everything belonging to the human mind, and also the interiors of everything belonging to man's spirit, are capable of being turned either downwards or upwards; they are turned downwards when a man loves himself above all things, and upwards when he loves the Lord above all things. It is an actual turning; man of himself turning them downwards, but the Lord of Himself turning them upwards. It is the ruling love that causes the turning. It is only so far as the thoughts are derived from the will that they act in this way upon the interiors of the mind. Man does not know that this is the case, and yet he ought to know, in order that he may understand how he is led by the Lord out of hell, and into heaven.

www.scienceofcorrespondences.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I better watch out then

When I get time I would like to do a full thread on religion as a whole as its not a black and white subject and the true meanings get lost in the grey areas. (ofc it will only count as my opinion)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hell is not eternal and neither is there suffering in the manner most describe. Hell is where the Fallen Angels dwell........not sinners. Sinners......Saints......and everyone between "sleep" till the judgement day.

When Christ returns hell will be destroyed, evil people will recieve "the second death" or the death of the soul. The Jury is still out on the good unbelievers............personally I think they will get the chance to "see the light" at judgement.

The 144000 is not the TOTAL........it is how many of the "chosen".............Jews.....will turn to Christ at the end

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It depends on whose story do you read. Hell stuff to think about. No need of fire or frost. According to buddhism: This is kinda hell. Every soul on the face of this world is suffering. This world (known universe) is based on killing one another for food, somehow captured in never-ending chain through temptation, sex, reincarnation etc... This is quite interresting point because there's no saving Jesus for animals, is he? Lion will never eat grass. It's made this way.
With this "this is hell" idea, we can go on like: World made by God, ruled mainly by devil. Satan as ruler of this world could even be it's creator. Hadn't Jesus said that he's not from this world? Etc.
Back to future-hell. Hell postulates immortality. If your spirit (or soul - life) is given/borrowed by Father and returns to him after body comes back to dust (as written), than you are not immortal.

According to Jehova's Witnesses translation of the bible "hell" as we know it, it isn't.. There is she'ol mentioned many times, which is:

IN ITS original languages, the Bible uses the Hebrew word she’ohl′ and its Greek equivalent hai′des more than 70 times. Both words are related to death. Some Bible translations render them as “grave,” “hell,” or “pit.” However, in most languages there are no words that convey the precise sense of these Hebrew and Greek words. The New World Translation therefore uses the words “Sheol” and “Hades.” Ecclesiastes 9:10 states: “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going.” Does this mean that Sheol refers to a specific, or individual, grave site where we may have buried a loved one? No. When the Bible refers to a specific burial place, or grave, it uses other Hebrew and Greek words, not she’ohl′ and hai′des. (Genesis 23:7-9; Matthew 28:1) Also, the Bible does not use the word “Sheol” for a grave where several individuals are buried together, such as a family grave or a mass grave.—Genesis 49:30, 31.

source
I'd say relax, propably no frying for mortals, just life or death. But who knows...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The bible states, those who cannot accept Jesus Christ as their savior will be sent to hell
Humm, looks like I skipped over that part.Could you please help an old weary eyed man find that passage? What kinda ignorant bigot would write something like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join