It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evelution In acction!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hi all .
Yesterday in the news CNN www.cnn.com...
Read the story first.
Now immange this monkey was in the wild instead of a zoo what happens next? well from being sick or not it doesent matter because the monkey can walk up right eather way so if the monkey gets Preggers with a baby and the babby learns by excample then then babby will walk up right as well and in a few generations the whole monkey troup could be walking up right.
now wile you may argu this isent evolution you would be wrong because the walking up right is just the first step so to say.
think of it we Humans know the addvanges of up right walking first and for most it gives you a better view of your sourndings .So its eaaser to see the lepered trying to eat you giving you more time to excape.
Pluse now your hands are complealty FREE giving you more time to stumble accross better ways of getting by in the woods incressing intelligence.
Now personly I think this monkey is excatly what happened millions of years agaio . One monkey is just slightly different and you get a splinter group that has changed wile all its reltives not in that troup stay the same. giving rise to a new spices.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It's the law of the strongest i think. What you've said about seeing
the predators coming. If you see them you can get away and thus
survive. I'm curiuswhat happens to the offspring.....

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, but thats not evolution.

Evolution is when a genetic trait appears that is passed on to further generations. This is enviromental.

For example if a normal person loses and arm then has kids, they will still have two arms.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You say it isent evolution humm better look up the definotion .
Because it is evolution .
Evolution Is simply put Change it doesent mean a genetic change it just means a change . And one change brings on another change .
Monkeys learn by watching there parents so if this monkey had a kid the kid would most likly learn from mom to walk up right and with the extra advanges of this have a better change of living to have its own young passing one the NEW change . And like I said with extra advanges of walking up right gives more time to come up with new ways of using hands to maniplate your sourndings.
One day instead of just running one of the monkeys in this troup start throwing rocks at the lepered . now they stumbled on a better way of protecting them selfs . Rember were still talking about an up right monkey.
sooner or later wile throwing rocks to woard off predetors they kill one .
well they will eat it i assur you monkeys have been known to eat meat givin the chance.
now they have stumbled on a better way to get food. giving even more time to stumble on even better ways of doing this . Once the first monkey do something new with out just stumbling on it then there intellegence starts to incress very fast. Thats when the real changes start.
Do you realy think this sinareo is so impossible?
well scientest can teach monkeys sign language hundreds of words .
monkeys look into a mirro and know they are looking at them selfs .
Monkeys are not far behind us in intelligence it wouldent take much to boost them farther.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Definitions of evolution:

noun: the sequence of events involved in the evolutionary development of a species or taxonomic group of organisms
noun: a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage)

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
For example if a normal person loses and arm then has kids, they will still have two arms.

Good point Quest,
Another example is Women with Spinal Cord Injuries eg, Paraplegic can in most cases have
a relativley normal pregnancy/birth to a perfectly healthy baby.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This may be of interest to you:

Oliver

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
yea i know all about oliver but theres a big difference between oliver and this monkey the differenc being its has been sujusted that oliver was tought to walk like that this monkey did it by its self.
and I never said if the monkey had a kid the monkey kid wouldent be a normal monkey . The kid would Learn to walk up right because his parent walks up right. It doenent matter how his parent started walking up right it only matters that monkeys like us learn from excample.
As for the evolution part that starts in 7 or 8 generations as i ALL the monkeys in that troup Walk up right there bones will be the first thing to start to change genticaly because the shape of the bones will make walking up right easer. so in a few generations you will have a new spices still a monkey but an up right monkey. that has a different bone structer then its forbearers.Ps the bones will change because the bone stracter in a up right animal has to be different in order for the animal to get the most from its up right walk.
A monkeys hip structer is the bigest difference from them and us and this is because monkeys arent realy desined to walk up right aloways .then can do it but are more comfterbile on all fours because of the hip structer .
now is babby learns to walk up right from mom in very little time the bones start changing to make it easer. even in the first generation there will be changes in it because of the different pressers the monkeys bones have now.At first it will be that kind of change after a few gengerations the monkeys will be born with the different bone structer.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Apes walk on on both all fours and upright. This ape did just that. After an illness it started walking only on its hind legs. Any of its offspring will walk on both. It has no genetic predisposition to walking on on its hind legs.

Nothing has changed on the genetic level, no new species was formed.

This is not how evolution works. Evolution happen through random genetic traits appearing in offsring then through the forces of natural selection, bottle necking, and random extinction events that species developes into two seperate species.

This is a normal ape that only walks upright post-infection.

If a dog gets hit by a car and loses a leg, then learns to walk on 3 legs, its pups will still be born with 4 legs and walk on those 4 legs.

Now if a dog is born with a genetic mutation that causes it to only have 3 legs, and it learns to walk with just those 3, then THAT is evolution because it is a genetic trait that will be passed down.

Just for clarity, evolution does exist, its been proven in fast reproducing species of bacteria and fruit flies and has very strong evidence in past speciation. But this case is not evolution.

If people are going to understand and accept evolution they need to truely understand how it works.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
how manny ways do I say MONKEYS learn from there parents . babby SEES MOM walking up right So babby IMMATATES mom. It doesent matter that mom started doing it from sickness it only matters that Babby immatates mom. The monkeys can walk up right but dont do it all the time so it is possible for one to walk up right even if NOT been sick.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
yea i know all about oliver but theres a big difference between oliver and this monkey the differenc being its has been sujusted that oliver was tought to walk like that this monkey did it by its self.
and I never said if the monkey had a kid the monkey kid wouldent be a normal monkey . The kid would Learn to walk up right because his parent walks up right. It doenent matter how his parent started walking up right it only matters that monkeys like us learn from excample.
As for the evolution part that starts in 7 or 8 generations as i ALL the monkeys in that troup Walk up right there bones will be the first thing to start to change genticaly because the shape of the bones will make walking up right easer. so in a few generations you will have a new spices still a monkey but an up right monkey. that has a different bone structer then its forbearers.Ps the bones will change because the bone stracter in a up right animal has to be different in order for the animal to get the most from its up right walk.
A monkeys hip structer is the bigest difference from them and us and this is because monkeys arent realy desined to walk up right aloways .then can do it but are more comfterbile on all fours because of the hip structer .
now is babby learns to walk up right from mom in very little time the bones start changing to make it easer. even in the first generation there will be changes in it because of the different pressers the monkeys bones have now.At first it will be that kind of change after a few gengerations the monkeys will be born with the different bone structer.

Then evolution has not occured, you just expect it to.

You make a few assuptions.
1) That the offspring will mimic the upright walking.
2) That there is an advantage to this that will force genetic change.
3) That the random mutation for a new form of bone structure will occur.

Those are bigger ifs than you might think.

I know its common to think humans are some sort of peak in evolution and other species will take the same path we did, but thats not how it works. There is an advantage for apes to walk on all fours. It makes them faster, keeps their forearms strong for climbing, and allows them to fit in socially with other apes.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I tend to think that this ape is only walking upright due to the nature of its illness. If you had an illness which was causing discomfort your gait would adjust to whatever the most comfortable position was for you to walk in.
It's hardly likely to be passed on to your offspring, as the most comfortable position would be it's natural gait.

This is an established species, that would be far more likely to survive in the wild with its natural gait rather going upright. In captivity it has no predators and as such is not required to out run/manoveur in order to survive. I believe it will only be a matter of time before it reverts to it's natural gait.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ok quest your right on that Im makking a few assumptions .
Ussuming the monkey has a Babby and the babby learns from mom .
But the line of reasiong on my part is valed .It could happen this way .Im not saying it did or that it will .Im just saying its possible. theres no way I could ever prove anyof this even if we (humans evolved just like this wares the Proff ? there is none its not a thing that can be proven because no matter if a monkey walks up right or you find a skelliton that looks almost human it doesent prove evolution. All we can do is take all the info we have and come to a theroy. But its still just a theroy.
personly I have seen enough circemstantial evedience that makes me belive evolution happens and that we evolved. But it hasent been proven behond a showd of a dout.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If they evolve further and organize they definately can run agianst Bush and win.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
O no if they evolved then they vote bush it takes some purtty smart to do something purtty Dumb lololol. Im not pro bush or karry just couldent resist lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
personly I have seen enough circemstantial evedience that makes me belive evolution happens and that we evolved. But it hasent been proven behond a showd of a dout.

Microevolution provides enough proof for me to believe there is some truth behind the concept. I'm a bit more shady on Macroevolution and im agnostic so its not like relegion is clouding my visions. I've read a couple evolution books involving Mendels and his pea tests (interesting stuff by the way) Evolution is an interesting idea but its hard to test when you can't look back millions of years and expect to find all the answers.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Heavily covered, folks.

new topics

top topics

join