It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's nuclear efforts... questionable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
**NOTE TO MODS/ADMINS : : YES, I KNOW THIS IS RELATED TO JAPAN; HOWEVER, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION**

Well, let me start off by saying that I feel for the people of Japan, it is a cruel tragedy, and even though I'm constantly watching CNN, and NHK news stations, no amount of viewing can desensitize you to the point of NOT feeling for these people suffering. I have been on the verge of tears so many times even THINKING about it, let-alone watching it. However, I like to stay up-to-date as possible [when it comes to MSM, anyway], so I endure.

Now...

Why are the reactors STILL NOT under control? Why is there STILL a possibility of a meltdown? Yes I understand, they can only have a certain amount of people in at a time, and for a controlled amount of time; however..

Many people have proposed several ways of solving this problem, yet they go with, "Trying to cool the reactors." - - Well, CLEARLY it's not working. It's been TWO WEEKS and they are still "working on it," - - Yes, they have had setbacks.. but after so many, why the F*CK continue to pursue the same course of action? Try something else. They're supposed to be "experts".

The only answer I can come up with...

MONEY

They are too worried about carrying out a course of action that MAY ACTUALLY WORK, like covering the reactors[like others have suggested], because they are too worried about their money. So they try and salvage as much of the plant as possible by "attempting to cool the reactors and get them back online." - - OH WAIT, WHAT?! THEY WANT THEM BACK ONLINE?!

Big surprise there. If they really cared about safety, wouldn't they have tried a different approach by now? They keep trying the same thing over and over and FAILING. They want the reactors back online.. yeah.. for what reason[s]?

Well, of course they tell everyone it's to cool the reactors and what-not.. but come on.. If there are other options, then WHY? They want to keep as much of the plant intact as possible[to minimize their losses].. but, what if it's too late for that? And all these attempts to restore power and reactivate the cooling systems are for nothing? It's already TWO WEEKS into it, yes .. it really has been TWO FULL WEEKS [and more], and the reactors are STILL at risk of TOTAL MELTDOWN. - - Even at this point, if their attempts are for nothing, the repercussions would be unimaginable.

YOU ALL REMEMBER THIS PICTURE, RIGHT?

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Call me insensitive or whatever, but I simply DO. NOT. BUY. IT.

If that's how he felt, then he would be doing more to contain this situation. I read somewhere[don't quote or ask for source because I simply don't remember.. sorry guys :'(] that the owners of the plant have more of a say in it than the government does. When the situation is out of control like this, if the government has a better idea/solution, it should be applied, no questions asked. Obviously TEPCO hasn't been able to solve the problem, so the government should gain control.

Next, the situation in Libya certainly doesn't help, it's drawing ALL OF THE ATTENTION AWAY from the crisis in Japan.. oh wait, that's not what they wanted? - - Yes, I believe it is simply a decoy to attract everyone's attention to something other than what is happening in Japan. - - Which is insanity, but HEY, what can ya do?

Finally, I feel like it's just going to keep going and going until all of the radiation has been released from the plant[however long that will take], then they will finally just come out and say, "We have contained/fixed the situation! CRISIS AVERTED!" - - All the while, the world is an irradiated wasteland. Yes, the WORLD. The radiation isn't going to just go, "Hay, guise! I started in Japan.. I'm gonna stay here!" - - It's traveling.

PS - - I'm not advocating that the whole world will be in post-apocalyptic form by the time this is all said and done, these are just some random thoughts. Posted in the Rant section because well.. this is just me VENTING. Getting some thoughts out.

For those of you who have made it to the end of this post[without skipping anything], I appreciate you taking the time out of your life to do so. For others who have visited and/or skimmed through, I appreciate that as well
- - I wish you all the best, and look forward to the comments.

Thanks.

-Mike

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Mike--

I'm sure many of us on ATS are just as suspicious as you about the basic motives of both business and government in this case. Unfortunately, that is the way those creations anywhere in the world operate...for self interest first, either seperately or jointly, and citizenry second. Actually, that is the first law of the science of political science, if not business, self-protection.

Not often their true nature is revealed in broad daylight as it is in this instance. Still, much of the public cannot accept that they can be sacrificed for the sake of profit or of a government saving face. that is what we are seeing, pure and simple.

Joseph Stalin supposedly made an insightful comment of how power views all that are beneath it: "A single death is a tragedy a million is a statistic."

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We are talking deaths and misery to a possible hundreds of millions of lives....There is mauch that goes understated here.
There is a very high concentration of both "Hot" and spent" nuclear materials stored within the complex.
I believe it would be usefull to have a running total soon just how much, and how compromised?
Water insufficient, Or meltdown situations accounted for and the results of some of the scenarios of worst case nature be modelled.
The Goverments ae responsible for the installation and the proliferation of these plants, and should, along with their makers be now held accountable for the results of their planning.
Meanwhile we await any good solid estamation which would take into account the size and dispositoon of all the nuclear materials, and be able to give an indication to the extent of its proliferation throughout japan, and indeed the world and its oceans.

join