It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never been so scared in my LIFE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ok last week my family and I rode from Missouri to South Carolina to stay for a week. Well I had to sleep in the back of the car omg uncomfortable! Anyways the whole way back (16 hour drive) I couldnt sleep and when I did I kept waking up like every 5 minutes.... so we finnaly get back and I go and lay on my bro's bed. As I am about to fall asleep I hear his fan going making that Wowww wowww noise spinning in circles and it seems almost hipnotizing........ well right when I heard that noise I FROZE. Like I couldnt move at all and I was so scared.... I wanted to yell for my brother but I couldnt. The noise from the fan had gone away and I heard noise like a uhhh cd skipping .... or something like off the matrix it was really weird. I was very scared and couldnt move then finnaly I started moving my tongue and broke free. Right as I got out of it I tried getting out of the bed and at that very second I heard the FAN and went right back into that paralized mode. Anyone know what the hell this is all about???? I am scared to go lay down and I am exhausted....... PLEASE HELP... thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You've experienced sleep paralysis.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yep this is sleep paralysis. And seems to be very common, But it is always really scary the first time you have it,

I have had this a few times and really hate this experience, But once you know what it is then you can handle it a little better, it is also known as old hag syndrome,

Heres a link,

www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

also do a search here on ATS im sure you will find quite a few threads with members who have suffered the same,

Asala

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It happens to me all the time, I still haven't become comfortable it.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Check out this thread. Maybe it will shed some light on this frightening experience...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
isnt sleep paralysis great!!!!

i have had it since i was 12. it happens every night as soon as i lay down and i have gotten use to it but yea it was scare the first night it happened to me. i thought i was dead.(lol)

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I wanted to yell so bad but there was nothing I could do....... I thought my life was over ..... and I thought someone was in the room with me..... Anyone have the weird skipping noise also????

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I hear strange whooshing noises when it happens to me. Next time it happens, relax and try to leave your body. it's the perfect time to experiment with Astral projection.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I must have the exact opposite condition of sleep paralysis. I move and talk in my sleep. I do not believe that I sleep walk though. I have gotten in an argument (by talking in my sleep) with a roomate in college before.
I didn't even remember anything about it either.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That happens when you sleep on your back, try sleeping on your stomach. peace

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Haven't I head experts also say that there is a great deal of connection between sleep paralysis and alien abduction.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
see, the first time that I experienced sleep paralysis I had a really bad sinus infection so I couldnt breathe that well through my nose.. well for some reason I had my mouth closed and I awoke.... except I was paralysed and I was trying so hard to open my mouth to breathe, that scared the # out of me.... the best part was that I was kind of dreaming and I thought I was awake and that my mouth was open and I just couldnt breathe anymore... what a fun night that was!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes, sleep paralysis. I've experienced this numerous times.

When I was fourteen, I had woken up at about 2:00 AM (This is about the average time in which abductions in my house now occur) and watch paralysed as two dark, short, large faced, and skinny creatures finished up abducting my sister. Within five minutes they finished, turned to point and look at me. With a blinding flash of light they apeared on the other side of the window for less then a second and then vanish..... All I can say is that its a scary feeling, and everyone experiences it atleast once in there short lives.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yes indeed its Sleep Paralysis, as others have said!
I have had this a lot of times and it started around three years ago in my case. I usually get those when i don't get enough sleep.

The noise that I hear is more like as if I am traveling at high speed, or may be like in a bus or train with windows open, I don't know how else I could describe it!

Originally posted by Adian00
Haven't I head experts also say that there is a great deal of connection between sleep paralysis and alien abduction.

You are right, the stories described by the "abductees" are very similar to those undergoing sleep paralysis. I heard that alien abductions are nothing but just elaborations of sleep paralysis.

Some links that relate SPs and abductions can be found here: Revisiting Sleep Paralysis: Alien Abductions

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My sister used to have that. She would say a man was grabbibg her but all she did was scream. She said she couldn't more but she was asleep and couldn't remeber except for a few times when she could only scream and was awake.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adian00

Yes you may very well have
Sleep paralysis is the most accepted explanation for nocturnal "alien abduction" cases
I.E- you wake up, terrified, you hear a loud buzzing or humming or whooshing noise, you may perceive light in the room, you feel something "other" in the room with you, you cant move, you cant talk, you can barely breathe, you feel this"other" prescence push you down (or lift you off the bed) , then all is darkness.

Of course we interpret all this through our perceptions. Modern day perceptions (since most people dont understand SP) is an "alien encounter". In the past such instances were blamed on witches, incubuses or succubuses (or what have you)

So yes the link between SP and "alien abduction" scenarios is quite closely made, although alien abductions have nothing to do with it. It is the persons "point of view" on what (in their mind) happened, since they have no idea about SP and no other way to explain it

SP Victim
Corvus Corax

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
"Never been so scared in my LIFE."
And yes, it is terrifying as H3LL, especially the first time you go through it.

After my first encounter with SP, I didnt sleep for 2 days

Then guess what happened?

Yep, another immediate follow-up SP....lol (although I wasnt thinking "lol" at the time)

SP Victim
Corvus Corax

[edit on 3-8-2004 by corvus_corax]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Lmao i had my first experiance when i was about 6-7. It happend usually around once a month untill i was 13 when i stopped having it all together. The reason i say you are lucky is becuase AT LEAST YOU COULD STILL BREATHE. Every time i woke up i would have my face in the pillow, nose and mouth, and i couldnt breathe properly. Sitting there, unable to yell, unable to move, unable to BREATHE. Not fun. I remeber telling my dad about it and he used to agree with me becuase he had it on occasion as well. My brother and my mom always used to think that me and my dad were immagining it. I never further studied it after that and never really knew what it was called. Well duh sleep par sounds pretty good. These among many others were very tromitizing to me (glad i dont have them any more). Ususally i would be able to move my leg after trying for about 2 minutes and be able to break free and take a breathe of fresh air. I remeber trying to yell for my parents and not being able to do anything except talk to yourself in ur head. Good luck with that, and try and make sure that you dont have your face in your pillow when it happens

top topics

join