It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of life?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Topics like this make things like break-ups feel so much better

Of course it's all easy for us to say it now, but when we're in the situation it feels so much more different.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The purpose of life is one of the great unanswerable questions, along with "what happened before the big bang" "Is there a creator".

But I think that the purpose of life is much simpler and more amazing than some learning experience so we can prepare ourselves and be judged by some supernatural tyrannical God Man who is insanely jealous and at the same time some how compassionate.

I think we exist simply because we have to, I look at this whole universe as a cosmic life machine that is working to give birth to intelligence. Now some may view this as intelligent design but I do not, I believe that intelligent beings must exist in some way for the universe to function correctly. And this intelligence is not limited to us, this universe is teeming with life and intelligent life. Our progress may go beyond death, but no one can confirm that for sure.

We are going through a process of evolution of mind and energy as oppose to the standard physical form. We are beginning again to open up to new ideas and beliefs that were stigmatized and shunned not to long ago. Our connection with our planet, moon, sun, and all the other forces in the universe is becoming more and more apparent. I just hope our science and belief systems can come to a tolerant consensus so we can experience the cosmos, as oppose to the alternative which is we destroy ourselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To crush your enemies; see them driven before you; and to hear the lamentations of their women. Also puppies. That is the entire meaning of life. Nothing more and nothing less.
edit on 5-4-2011 by iamilluminati because: lol - I love puppies

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the point is to make a point. because there isn't one.

You my friend get it
!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by typwar

The point is to feel realy happy about yourself and to live in harmony with your surroundings. May all people feel great about themselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It is not the pursuit of happiness. It is to enjoy everything, be in joy in what ever is being done. Enjoy the whole ride, don't wait for special times to come. Each moment is special, a gift, it is presence (present), and you are that presence.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I feel our individual existence isn't as important as humanity itself. Mankind has evolved over thousands of years to rule this planet. Where will the next generations take us??

YOU might not be that important, but YOUR species is special and still evolving.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

I don't think the species is more important than the individual. Individual means indivisible. There is only one.
That one is the universe. However, without you there would be no life to experience. If you were given the option of peace on earth or your very existence which would you choose?
We are not separate from the earth, so can not rule it, all the trying in the world will not enable us to control it. It is our belief that we can that causes all suffering.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Why?
It's pretty simple actually.

The point of life is living.
to me at least.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join