It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville, KY What to do or see while I'm there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So I am going to Louisville, KY for work. I will be there about 3 months. I was wondering what you guys/gals can recommend to see or do while I'm there. The only thing I know I want to do is go to the Louisville Slugger factory. I want to get one of their personalized bats for my son. I have a wide variety of interests and am really looking forward to going. Also anything else you might know about the city that would be interesting and maybe not so well known would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The power of the INTERNET!
www.google.com... 6QTeC0CY-ksQPHuqSZCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CEQQtQMwAA

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Yes but the point of the post is to get ideas that aren't so well known. You know things not found on travel websites or maybe things locals can recommend.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyStinkyRabbit

You have to go to a pizza place called Pizza King. There is tons of them! But i personally recommend this one that has a small TV in every both with a CD player. The best attribute is the little window beside you. You open it when this small train comes by with your drinks, and anything that can fit on it! You HAVE to go there.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Yeah that's the kinda stuff I'm looking for.
Thanks

Edit to add: Do you happen to know which location that is?
edit on 3/27/2011 by DirtyStinkyRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Bardstown road is a really cool part of town. Lots of restaurants, bars, and cool little shops there. Ear-X-tacy is a cool local record store that's worth checking out if your into music. Wicks Pizza is an awesome pizza place out there too.

4th Street Live downtown is a pretty cool place too. more restaurants and bars, but the place gets pretty crazy on the weekends.

Louisville Slugger field has been voted the Best Minor League ballpark in the country. Its relatively cheap to go to a game, and if you get bored you can walk over to Waterfront Park.

Kart Kountry is a little drive away from Louisville, but its the world's longest go-kart track at 1.5miles.

If you arrive before the Derby, there are tons of derby festival events. And Thunder Over Louisville is a pretty big airshow and fireworks display over the ohio river.

Other than that, I dont know what to add. There are a couple museums. If your into art, the J.b. Speed art museum is here. And we have a zoo.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

I'll have to check out that Bardstown road and Ear-X-tacy. Exactly the kinda stuff I'm looking for. I'll only have the weekends to explore but I expect to be there about 3 months.

Thanks

top topics

join