It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPERT: This Is Beyond Their Ability To Contain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

well i'm not to worried about the radioactivity in America but think about how bad it must be over there

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A guy on CNN just claimed "The radioactivity of plutonium found in the soil at the site could be from past bombs"
Then when asked if he was serious, he repeated it and said that it could very well be the case that the radiation detected at the site isn't from the reactors but quite likely from old bombs.

Who the **** could really believe something so blatantly false?

This is BP part II. It will drag on for months and destroy entire ecosystems and kill many people.
Very sad.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ok, now....that's new in my book of scary things.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
there is something Coming to japan that has me concerned.

"plum rains"!!
www.tangdynastytimes.com...

The Plum Rains 梅雨

Monsoon conditions take various forms throughout Asia and Africa, and basically occur when warm, moist air from the ocean repeatedly bumps up against cooler continental air, producing tremendous amounts of rain clouds. The clouds are just specatacular-- huge towering, billowing monsters. For some reason, in Japan the monsoon can produce two very different kinds of rainy seasons--which I will call yin and yang. Actually, I only have heard this expression used once in Japan by a TV weatherman several years ago on Japanese TV, but I thought it was a perfect way to describe the two different types of rainy seasons we get in Japan, so I am going to borrow it here.

Most years, the rainy season comes in the form of cooler days where it rains almost everyday for several weeks. These yin rains keep everything outside gray and musty-- its cool, though, and does the trick as far as getting the needed water to the right place-- that is, out on those rice paddies. While yin is actually more typical, yang is the only rainy season worth describing.

the plum rains. when I was stationed at yakota AFB, near Tokyo, 1967, I learned this is why the Japanese love these pretty cherry blossoms so much: it is all the spring that they get!
about early April, polar fronts that pass over Japan from Asia, often stall just off shore, then the warm air to the SE overruns this cool air.
the wind is usually from the northeast or east, lightly, and this happens all along the east coast from North to south. Rains and drizzles nearly every day too, the smoke falls to the ground from fires and chimneys.
Thus soon the winds near these reactors will maybe move inland or southwestwards toward Tokyo, and sink to the ground to boot. These plum rains fall all during late May to end of June, beginning somewhat, now, end of march.

beware......

freestone

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
What I don't understand is why the HELL they aren't starting to dump cocncrete on these reactors NOW! They have to know that their efforts are only futile at this point, right? NOW people!

And this is the number one reason why only nuclear scientists should be working this problem.

Concrete isn't going to cool the fuel, and if the fuel isn't cool, it's not going to be contained by concrete, which actually produces a significant amount of heat as it cures. Concrete isn't an impenetrable cocoon you can just encase a reactor in and call it a day.

So in summation, I'll tell you why the HELL they aren't dumping concrete on these reactors NOW...

...because they'd like to avoid a melt down, and doing so is a sure fire way to start one instantly.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
What I don't understand is why the HELL they aren't starting to dump cocncrete on these reactors NOW! They have to know that their efforts are only futile at this point, right? NOW people!

You can dump ALL the concrete in the world on it, concrete explodes at high temps. You would need to dump LEAD infused concrete to keep the radiation at a minimum and the lead would actually melt into the collapsed fuel rods and cool them. This core pile could eventually creep through the ground and sink to the mantle or core of the earth. If it were to hit an underground magma chamber, who knows what THAT would create? We have to remember this core could end up having the same characteristics as the sun should the reaction continue, and it will, we have no idea when it will burn itself out.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Now everyone pay close attention to these International agencies - this is all the assistance - I guess we are going to see. and we have to pay for all this crap and when you need it .... where the hell is it...???
oh, Nothing to see here move along, yellow rain is natural. Ignore Godzilla, This is not real its a sci-fi flick.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Shirak
The US could lend Japan their Mule robot to carry a concrete pump hose to site. Prediction Expenditure into robot workers will increase as a result of this disaster. I am sure Asimo could do some work also. This landscape has already been tainted. Perhaps the world community should step in now and enforce a concrete dump to prevent a spread of the material to other countries. At this stage I do not believe the Nuclear safety corporation (Because that what it is) I do not believe it should be the only one getting a say.
Japan should have some pretty advanced robots.

One thing they could really use I would think is a something that could swim around in the reactor vessel and take pictures, like in the movie "the Deep". It took years after the disaster, before they lowered such a camera in Three mile island. They also need to find the source of the leaks, a camera mounted on Asimo or another robot might help with that.

You see all kinds of posts that we're being lied to and while that may be true, and even bigger problem is, that nobody is really sure what the truth is because nobody can see what's really going on inside the reactor, so they don't even know the truth if they wanted to tell us the truth. That was true in the three mile incident and it's true in Japan now.

been to busy creating their greatest gifts to mankind.Such as one of many...

gizmodo.com...#!288234/honey-doll-has-touch-sensors-moans-has-fake-orgasms

Could we not retrofit a crane with remote controls to lift the containment module into a shielded mining truck to be transported to one of those 3 km deep min shafts and dropped in to be sealed? As I remember the active rods are surrounded by a containment vessel. Simple earth moving equipment should be able to lift this to the mining truck.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Shirak because: To add image links

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Honestly, I knew after the first explosion that it would end badly. Trying to contain fuel rods is like trying to contain burning thermate...X a million. None of this news surprises me one bit and I can assure you it will only get worse. We could truly realize the "China Syndrome".

Notice how the MSM in the U.S. has put this on the back burner? Like it's "old news"? It's absolutely, positively despicable how they have handled this. When 9/11 happened it was covered around the clock for weeks, non-stop. One of our allies has a disaster many thousands of times worse and it's already out of the news cycle. We should have people watching this like a hawk and reporting on it at least twice an hour.

TPTB decide what they think we need to know and take the attitude, "no sense in causing undue panic". Well, let me say, it is NOT up to them to decide what I need to know and don't need to know and I will decide if there is cause to panic. The amount of control these thugs assume to have over us and the flow of information is nothing short of criminal.

I just finished reading a story about a reporter for a Fox affiliate who was told, "we'll decide what the news is, not you." This is the typical attitude of all major news outlets these days. They are all under the control of TPTB and have nothing to do with real reporting. The last time there was true investigative reporting was when Nixon was brought down. And, as you can see, the media hasn't been able to touch a president since. Everybody is controlled, censored and monitored for what they let out. I love the U.S. and what we are supposed to be but I absolutely despise our government and other power brokers, such as the banks, wall street firms, lobbyists and any other person of influence.

Sorry for the rant but everything that is going on in the country and indeed the world, just p*sses me off!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Dont you believe it. They pass off the general population as being so dense as
to not have the ability to find out the truth.

Today the truth was made know, albeit the Mainstream media ,TEPCO, are still gaming.

However, the truth is this:
The plutonium signatures match proving that the plutonium found is from the fuel rods.

The Tokyo Electric Company confirmed that AREVA-manufactured fuel assemblies containing plutonium have at least partially melted down when they said that plutonium was found on five separate sites on the reactor grounds, and they had matched the plutonium signature of fuel produced at AREVA’s La Hague facility. The fuel assemblies were first loaded in the reactor at Fukushima last September and were in Reactor 3 when the 14 meter tsunami overwhelmed the nuclear plant dcbureau.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Think BP had a lawsuit? Their failure to bury these things will result in them being liable. I for one will be on the class action if one of those clouds reach florida.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I worked at a nuclear power plant for a year in Surry, VA when I was out there.
The thing about Nuclear power already, is that even on a good day, there is still waste, and you can't really contain it. Throughout the property, there are these concrete buildings with no windows plastered with radioactivity stickers. These are the waste containers. This is where the waste is stored...
Now, the problem is, given half life times, nuclear waste takes about 200,000 years to decompose...
Did you guys here that?
200,000 years... on a good day, when the waste is contained.
How long do you think those concrete buildings last?
what has survived for 200,000 years?
So already, we're dealing with something far beyond our capabilities, even if we do everything right.
Just passing the problem down to future generations to deal with.
Instead of developing their own means of energy, they will have to work to clean up ours...

DO you guys see the problem here with nuclear power?
Even when everything is running smoothly, its not.
Its like the gulf oil spill. We kinda know how to drill, but if something messes up then its so long environment.

Its SOOOOOOO !@#$ing stupid that we aren't ONLY using solar and wind power.
We have the tech. These panels last for days without sunlight...
Soon there might not be any sunlight to deal with if we keep polluting our skys. Then what? We're stuck using a limited resource until it runs out. A resource that hurts us the more we use it...

There is no excuse, given the time we live in and the technology afforded to us, that we continue using these resources.
Start construction on huge solar power plants now. That gives a lot of people jobs. When its finished, offer workers jobs at the new plant. They'll still need electricians and laborers there. Then the construction crew can start tearing down the old facilities... Jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs.

Damn it US. Its NOT that hard to create jobs... we just need to LET some of these businesses fail!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
'You want the truth.......!? Youuuu cant handle the truth!!'

Another example of a movie predicting future events?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thing but 10000000 x the radiation was a mistake the real number is 100000 check it out.
hisz.rsoe.hu...
Its under the situation update tab.
edit on 28-3-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I hate making it look like I'm kissing up to a moderator, but I gave you a star, and if I could, I'd fill the line with stars. I agree with 100 percent of your post. very articulate, and to the point. Nice.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
us is safe thats good

Are you sure about that? Please tell us why you believe this...and please don't say, "that's what "they" reported".

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

How much fallout since you're one of many amateur uneducated scientists on ATS, how much radiation? Explain to us all you're not just something more than a jacka-ss who never even took a physics class in college or ever been to one, how much radiation oh SWAAMI. How much radiation...... You ignoramus.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

Wow. This is one of the meanest, doucheiest posts I've read. This is a conspiracy site...where people post their ideas and opinions. It's one thing to ask someone to substantiate their claim and another to be a total DB.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Chernobol the damn thing!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This whole nuclear "disaster" bothers me. It seems to have been going on for an awfuly long time. Along the way it seems to have always been just on the brink of being resolved only to slowly get worse due to other "problems".

Maybe, just maybe this whole thing is a farce, decommisioning old GE reactors on the cheap with the added bonus of providing cover for any nuke devices detonated in Libya. We have even been told that large neutron flux releases have occurred which would cause the same fallout makeup as a nuclear bomb.

Just something to bear in mind, I'm not saying this is so, any solid evidence as to why this cannot be would be warmly welcomed by me.
edit on 28/3/2011 by cortex because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join