It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Georgia Guidestones Fact....Based On Current Events ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

If we didn't make mistakes we wouldn't be human.

Considering French was left off the guidestones, that would make their builders human too. Well that and the stones should have been placed in Denver. One good hurricane and good bye stones.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wish I had known of the Guidestones when I was in college so that I could have gone and seen them in person! I went to Clemson University- only ~30 minutes away!
Definitely going to make a trip there next time I visit Clemson =D
I'll be sure to post pix/vids

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Greetings all,

I had all but forgotten about the guidestones. I admit they used to creep me out (I still wonder what the motivation was and who the architects are, although I agree there is a thinly veiled rosicrusian connection based on the inscription). Revisiting them today, in terms of the content of the actual "guidance" the only thing I take issue with is the clear population-reductionist angle. Everything sounds pretty good otherwise, and maybe that was the point, to soften the blow by adding philosophical nuggets that just about everyone on first glance would agree with. I just now started thinking of it in terms of a monument to be theoretically looked at after a extinction level event, to try to tell those left over not to let things get out of hand. I guess I always chocked it up to an arrogant manifesto, but now it seems like it might actually be for survivors, which perhaps there will be only a "righteous remnant.". I do have to say the implied eugenics angle is a little off-putting, but whereas I used to thing that there was something ominous about this monument, I now see it as kind of a pitiful attempt to pass advice along to any survivors after TSHTF. I say pitiful because the odds of this little collection of "guidestones" even existing after things theoretically really go nuts is quite possibly slim to nil. Anyhow, they don't seem so spooky to me these days, quite possibly it's a narcissistic individual or group that is less in the know about the future, than perhaps obsessed with eschatology/doom-scenarios living out some imaginary fantasy that future generations will think this thing is actually sacred.

I don't think Japanese being left out matters, the important Japanese business types all speak English as well, and probably at least one other language.

Peace,
Hex23

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This was posted first (The oldest post on ATS containing the words "The Georgia Guidestones") on ATS on: 28/5/04 @ 02:47 Link

Monumental Precision Built to survive the apocalypse, the Georgia Guidestones are not merely instructions for the future—the massive granite slabs also function as a clock, calendar, and compass

Here is some history that I found about the site.

A Good Informative Thread about The Guidestones

A couple of other links:

wikipedia:Georgia_Guidestones
thegeorgiaguidestones.com
tylwythteg.com
crystalinks.com
roadsideamerica.com

Now we got some sources to read on the topic as well. A lot of languages is not on these stones i think to point out one wich is left out, just because of an Natural Effent, is a waste of time. Although there might be new information around, Like have anyone ever checked to see if there truly is a time capsule??

A few feet to the west of the artifact, an additional granite ledger has been set level with the ground. This tablet identifies the structure and the languages used on it, lists various facts about the size, weight, and astronomical features of the stones, the date it was installed, and the sponsors of the project. It also speaks of a time capsule buried under the tablet, but the positions on the stone reserved for filling in the dates on which the capsule was buried and is to be opened are missing, so it is not clear whether the time capsule was ever put in place. Each side of the tablet is perpendicular to one of the cardinal directions, and is inscribed so that the northern edge is the "top" of the inscription.

How about the Sources for the sizable financing of the project who choose to remain anonymous?

In June 1979, a person under the pseudonym R. C. Christian saying he represented an out-of-state group that wanted to remain anonymous, hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure. Jay Weidner, who is a former radio commentator, has forwarded the popular hypothesis that the author pseudonym may be .

The wording of the message proclaimed on the monument is in 12 languages, including the archaic languages of Sanskrit, Babylonian Cuneiform, Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Classical Greek, as well as English, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, Spanish, and Swahili. Why ONLY these Lamguages?

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
reply to post by Signals

More likley this is the reason for the choice of languages
en.wikipedia.org...

with swahili in the mix because of the amount of nations that use it
en.wikipedia.org...

There is so much more to these stones than just the languages!!!

How about the Astronomical Features?

Astronomical featuresThe four outer stones are oriented to mark the limits of the 18.6 year lunar declination cycle.[2] The center column features a hole through which the North Star can be seen regardless of time, as well as a slot that is aligned with the Sun's solstices and equinoxes. A 7/8" aperture in the capstone allows a ray of sun to pass through at noon each day, shining a beam on the center stone indicating the day of the year.[3]

What is "The Age Of Reason"?

The Age of Reason; Being an Investigation of True and Fabulous Theology is a deistic pamphlet, written by eighteenth-century British radical and American revolutionary Thomas Paine, that criticizes institutionalized religion and challenges the legitimacy of the Bible, the central sacred text of Christianity. Published in three parts in 1794, 1795, and 1807, it was a bestseller in the United States, where it caused a short-lived deistic revival. British audiences, however, fearing increased political radicalism as a result of the French Revolution, received it with more hostility. The Age of Reason presents common deistic arguments; for example, it highlights what Paine saw as corruption of the Christian Church and criticizes its efforts to acquire political power. Paine advocates reason in the place of revelation, leading him to reject miracles and to view the Bible as an ordinary piece of literature rather than as a divinely inspired text. It promotes natural religion and argues for the existence of a creator-God.

Source

The more information I find the more questions appear...
What's your thoughts on the reason for building such a monument?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

this says nothing of people having to die. because the makers want to be in perpetual balance with nature?
evil? hardly. does it tell you to go out and start a global killing spree? no. you probably see evil in an orange.

to me this is all makes perfect sense.
a new world order following this structure, i WISH i could see the day.

the most EVIL of EVIL's!
"Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature."

are you joking? you actually see this as evil? you make me sick. we ARE a cancer to this earth - to our host. we NEED to be culled, i want these rules in place tomorrow.

and your argument - well what if your one of the ones to be killed?
-so be it. i know what i would be dying for and i am all for it. this is the reason i want to get into politics. to see this come to fruition before my time comes to an end.

to me this IS from the illuminati. the ENLIGHTENED. if you dont see this is the way it should and has to be. then you dont deserve to be here. if i could find who made this and join their society, i would feel right at home.

to me this is far from evil, far from corporations trying to take over the world and kill it. to me this is a stand against what YOU think the illuminati are. you are no better then the idea of what you think the illuminati are.

this is not evil. this is utopian.

the greatest deed the devil ever did was not making you think he doesnt exist, it was making you think he was god.
edit on 28-3-2011 by epitaph.one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Thank you. I believe as you do.

Not once does it say kill anyone. To me it says 'live with in your means'. Just because we can have 7, 8, 10 or even 20 billion people on Earth, does that mean we should? Hell, we can barely take care of the population we have now. Do we have anyone starving, especially children? Are there victims of genocidal leaders or militarys? Is anyone dying because they cannot receive even the simplest of medical help? Is anyone denied basic rights? Well?

The guide-stones are there for what guidance you find in them.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Perhaps, a simple explanation could be that some if not most Japanese understand and know how to speak English. The major "surviving" languages may well be the eight listed on these "guidestones". Just a thought that came through: That's all.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think it's pretty funny that in all probability the folks likely to survive a SHTF scenario are the very useless officials making the useless innane laws that the guidestones warn againsyt

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It seems odd that Swahili is in there. There are many, many other languages more widely spoken, maybe they just felt that Africa deserved to be represented?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

So, humans are the Cancer, eh?

You have bought the globalist garbage hook, line, and sinker.

Makes me sick...

edit on 28-3-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoConfederate
So what if all the languages that arent listed are the ones for nations that will not live through what ever is coming?
With a population so trimmed down there are going to be alot of countries that dont make the cut... most of em I would think.
I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss what the OP is trying to say,,, although he may be a bit short sighted
Good post

What if the languages that are listed are the ones that will not live through what ever is coming....The old writing of the egyptians are on the stones too.....and that is a dead "language"?

The listed languages are the ones most spoken in the world? What if you cancel every country that has its language listed on the stones....maybe what is left is 500 million people. The stones have one single language "in store" for the ones left

It is all speculation and probably we should not think too much of these stones.....

It is a bit crazy if you think about it. What if I put some stones in the middle of nowhere with some philosophy on it.....how long would it take before someone comes with some conspiracy theory about it......how long would it take before someone start a religion based on what it says?

They are just some stones with wishful thinking on it....if we not keep our minds together it will become a selffullfilling prophecy.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
some chosen illuuminatti scumbag financed the 'building' of these stones.
then they outsourced the job to some illegal.
and then they built it in the middle of no where and said it magically appeared. if i built some 'monument' in the middle of no where, no one would notice until a newspaper [leaked] published a story about it.

i cannot wait until someone knocks these elitist stones down.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I dont see French either and it has historically been the language of diplomats.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nowhere within it do I see a eugenics hook. Nowhere do I see a call for people to be killed.
I see a call for lower population rates along with a note about wanting healthy heirs and successors. Diversity is what catches me here, they didn't state; "Breed for fitness and blonde hair, blue eyes".Fitness usually means healthy, and I have never seen someone wish for crippled or handicapped people.

The call for lower population angle still doesn't hold much water with me. It just sounds like some pro-nature PR with what the creator "felt" was a sizable population (and even then, to what degree? for all mankind, for individual countries? For the USA?). How many times do we see that we're a blight in regards to respecting land and nature? We build out and not up or down, destroying forests, killing native species, and so forth.

I don't have a problem with these stones. Everything outside of those 2 points being stretched sounds absolutely fine.

I just see the usual anytime these stones are brought up. It's all speculation, no one has cracked the "code" in regards to these, but we've been indoctrinated to hate and act like we fear them. I especially take offense that people deface and call for their removal. Seems like some tend to forget you're free to express yourself.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

has anyone stopped to think that maybe the creator of the stone is someone who generally cares what is to be after oh say a big event if it is freemason ilummiati whatever maybe someone that knows and is aware of what is to come maybe some who knows of the inevitable and wants who is left to be able to make a new world that is a world without the worst of what we know today overpopulation is a serious problem that in some way shape or form needs to be addressed not veiwed as a reason for genocide but as a rebirth of a world that once was where we acutally learn from what we have become I believe there is still good in people not all people mind you some are to far gone but maybe we can learn and become what we should be from this HARMONY with all living things

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join