It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human imagination spawns the Sasquatch, Yeti, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hi All:

I've been thinking about why there are so many sightings of Bigfoot and his incarnations, from Skunkman in the South to the Yeti in Nepal.

It seems that in every part of the world there is a 'forest man' type creature. They leave hair, footprints, feces, but never any bodies, and none have ever been killed or captured. They've been seen by crowds, individuals, and well-respected people. They've even been caught on film. They are undoubtedly real animals. But the problem remains that they have never been killed or captured and no bodies or skeletons have ever been found. These animals have also been reported inside fenced US military compounds - without disturbances to the fence.

Is it possible that when certain natural and subconscious elements are combined that these animals spring to life - literally - from the human mind / imagination / subconscious?

Perhaps these creatures were a species once encountered by humans long ago in our past. They had the best of both the animal and the human elements - they were immensely strong and fast and also cunningly intelligent. They would be horrifying opponents for prehistoric humans. Maybe this species was so significant in human development that it was impressed upon our genetic memory.

Many people who have witnessed Bigfoot or the Yeti often experience uncontrollable fear - even in people who are not prone to panic.

The smell of these 'forest men,' whether it be Yeti or Sasquatch, is also distinct. So are the footprints. The smell of the creatures and their footprints may have been ominous signs to our ancestors, and are still remembered.

If anythine was going to stay in genetic memory, wouldn't it be some details of an intensely dangerous creature, one that could have savaged human beings for hundreds of generations?

I don't think that Bigfoot or the Yeti will ever be found, but I believe they and their signs manifest to observers and during that time they are completely real. I think human imagination itself spawns these creatures and their signs into being. There is too much physical evidence to deny their existence, yet one has never been found, dead or alive. I believe a paranormal explanation must be the answer.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Lets me ask you this How manny wild bears have you seen better yet people are running accross bear bodies ever other day wile hunting deer.
no? so you see even though the bear is a commin animal moat people never see one in the woods . If you went by only this evedence you would conclud bears were a figment of peoples aminagtion.
farther more there was A real mountion Yeaty that was rummered for hundreds of years with no solid proff untill the 1930des THe grillia befor there was never one seen or even a body found aminzly it turned out to be real.
Now big foot is much rarer then even the mountian grillia pluse to make matters even harder he its almost as smart as we are .In other words were not just talking about another unknown Ape here were talking about an animal that has very high intellegence.
Let me give you an excample of what an animal with high intellegence can do.
Once I was sleeping in the woods next to a lake and was awoken by someone walking around .
I stood up but once I saw the person there I froze now I was in plane view but this person failed to see me even though he walked around in the area for some time the reasion for this is because like most animals we (humans are keyed into movment in other words if it doesent move were not likly to see it. Now most animals when you get within feet will Bolt and run at that point you notice that animal.
so you could easy walk past a big foot never seeing it.
There is little dought in my mind that sooner or later someone some were will kill one. It will probly be some guy in a car driving through the mountians and hits one wile its crossing the road .
( harry and the hendersons .lolo

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think both of you make valid points.

As far as people creating enitities with thier own expectations, Tibetan buddhism refers to such entities as "tulpas."

John Keel in his book "The mothman prophecies" (not the rip-off movie) describes the house were the writer of the old radio program "the shadow knows" lived while he wrote the script. Years later, people see a dark figure in an outlandish cape and a big hat. When confronted, it just disappears.

The second poster make a valid point about the rarity of large animals who need a lot of territory to feed themselves.

On the other hand, it would be odd that not yeti, etc. has been cornered in the wild. They seem to just evaporate. Same with lake monster sightings.

I think this thread probably belongs in the cryptozology thread.

It sure is fun to thinks about.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
the video proves its real.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
creatures like the yeti, sasquatch and bigfoot are what i like to think as 4th dimensional beings. they have the ability to appear in our 3rd dimension at will. numerous sitings have been reported of seeing the creature vanish into thin air.
the native american indians believe that they tend to appear when a person is experiencing a crisis or some type of stress in their life.

who knows...this is all theory anyway

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to the theory that they're extradimensional beings. I believe they're just some kind of North American species of ape that is very elusive. The point about not seeing bears or dead bears is a very valid point, and something a lot of people brush off. But its true, you hardly see animals in the wild, they're good at hiding and staying away from humans. And so is the sasquatch.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When the human mind sees something that it does not quite understand, it assimilates it into a comprehendable thing. This could work both ways for the existence of a Sasquatch. A scared person catching a glimps of a bear in the distance may be interpreted as having man like features. Like wise, a Sasquatch may be mistaken as a bear.

Personally, I do not there is just not enough valid evidence for me to believe.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow, great one taibunsu. As for me, I'm not sure if I believe that Bigfoot/sasquatch exist, but I think it's completely reasonable to say that they easily could. What I'm saying is, I'm not sure because I've never seen one, but I wouldn't be at all suprised if suddenly the mainstream media reported that it was real. I think it's probably just some kind of ape, a little more advanced giving it a slightly different skeletal structure, and enabling it to stand on it's feet.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I would dearly love to believe in Sasquatch
However, the videos are inconclusive, and the tracks even more so.
Several lifetime trackers have shown that *every* Sasquatch track is a "dead" track. In other words, the tracks show no life, no indication that they were made by a living moving foot.
The "releases" weren't there, the weight was incorrect, the "pressures" that one would expect from a living track were non-existent.

In other words, the tracks, to a one, were faked.

This saddens me, because I would LOVE for sasquatch to be positively identified, but so far the evidence is faked (at worst) or inconclusive (at best)

On the other hand, how many people have seen "wild" baby Bald Eagles? That doesnt mean they dont exist.

Of course this is almost a slippery slope argument.

Corvus Corax

new topics

top topics

join