It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain in Montana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I used to know a guy who used to grow his schwag in Medicine Bow National Forest (snowy range area) until it started getting too populated. I'd say it's militia, personally. That's what I usually run into here in southern Wyo. Guys will set up a summer camp and get a couple good gardens going and just hang out for the summer, living off the land. Haven't known anything about this stuff in recent years, though.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think I'll try something like that this year, sounds fun.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I grew up in Columbus, and went to college in Butte for a while. I also had some "good" nights in that same area.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I could easily get a team of five and bring back 100 pnds of grass.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've hidden it all in between the walls of a car before... It worked perfectly.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Made a trip back up this summer. It was a good harvesting.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Starchild, on your next trip you should take a few photos if possible?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It could be the government but it sounds to me as though it’s a drugs gangs plot. Little over 5 years ago in Australia the authorities discovered over 1100 acres of green been grown by the "Bikies gang". It had been going on for years and the authorities only found out when they used a plane to track an illegal irrigation drain that was taking water from a river supposed to be going to the cities. I know what you found isn't in Australia but it doesn't sound like 1100 acres ether. So it’s quite possible that a criminal gang that has corrupted this forestry commission somewhere in the United States.
Also some genetically enhanced cannabis seeds did escape from Monsanto some years ago. They had been modified for use in cannabis medical trials. Not only where some of the strains stronger but the scientists had also reduced many of the bad chemicals occurring in the plant and perhaps it will one day change the cannabis debate. So again it is quite possible a gang could have got hold of some of these seeds or even selectively breed a few of their own (that’s why THC content has more than doubled since the 60’s).
One thing though. If a gang is getting away with using the whole side of a mountain as a green field you have to think why this is so. If the government did want to contaminate our drugs (perhaps because they don’t like the sort of political people who take them) then maybe this is how it would be done (i.e. government supplies seeds, and the gangs use them). Personally I think the criminality of drugs is more than enough to attack the sort of people who use them. So chances are you should keep quite at home about what you found or else some men in black with slick Italian accents and double barrelled shot guns could turn up at your door any night.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Possible. You heard about the current situation in Sequoia National Park? There is estimated to be 100's of acres of weed being grown inside the park by cartels, and private organizations. "Guerrilla Growing", is how they put it.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have heard of the Federal Government growing weed in order to provide it to the few research projects that have permission to use it. I don't remember where I read it at, nor where it said that it was being grown.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Amory... we aren't discussing the use of marijuana, we are discussing a conspiracy related subject.

About the Gov growing it... as far as I've ever heard, it's strictly grown, as you said, for research projects... no real conspiracy there... they aren't giving it to the CIA to sell on the street. They DO give it to something like 10 people that are on a medical marijuana program.

I do know that alot of college towns turn a blind eye to the possession and use of higher quality marijuana because it is locally grown, and sold... people from other places bring their money with them to college, buy the stuff, and the money in turn gets circulated around the town... extra commerce, basically. Some towns near "guerilla" plantations that know about it probably do the same thing. I think there was a movie about this, but I can't remember for sure. I always wondered what the government would do if an entire town was in on something like that?

Oh yeah... I think the movie was called "Home Grown".

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Amory... we aren't discussing the use of marijuana, we are discussing a conspiracy related subject.

About the Gov growing it... as far as I've ever heard, it's strictly grown, as you said, for research projects... no real conspiracy there... they aren't giving it to the CIA to sell on the street. They DO give it to something like 10 people that are on a medical marijuana program.

I do know that alot of college towns turn a blind eye to the possession and use of higher quality marijuana because it is locally grown, and sold... people from other places bring their money with them to college, buy the stuff, and the money in turn gets circulated around the town... extra commerce, basically. Some towns near "guerilla" plantations that know about it probably do the same thing. I think there was a movie about this, but I can't remember for sure. I always wondered what the government would do if an entire town was in on something like that?

Oh yeah... I think the movie was called "Home Grown".

How about an entire state? California! Look at the "Medical Marijuana" laws and the Federal Government's response.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Relax Marijuana isn't illegal everywhere even in the US in some circumstances in states like Oregon and Alaska and this isn't even taking medical users into consideration. Canada is pretty lax about it too, and it's completely legal in Amsterdam. I understand the rules about not discussing illegal activities and drug use, but marijuana is a natural plant not come synthesized chemical soup or something. I seriously do not understand why it isn't legalized (probably because it couldn’t be taxed efficiently) or at least decriminalized. Alcohol seems to be a much bigger problem that Marijuana yet it’s legal

[edit on 14-9-2005 by warpboost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join