It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing to fear from Japanese radiation...yeah right!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So, it didn't take long for the radiation to cross over to the east coast!

Opened my local area news site and found this:
Radioiodine found in rainwater

No public health concern expected Updated: Sunday, 27 Mar 2011, 8:01 PM EDT Published : Sunday, 27 Mar 2011, 2:11 PM EDT Sy Becker BOSTON (WWLP) - Raindrops containing low level radioactive material from Japan have reached Massachusetts. We're told there's nothing to worry about right now. The radioiodine as it's called, is believed to have come from the earthquake related problems at that Japanese nuclear power plant.

Seems to me it didn't take long to reach us.

They are saying that "there is nothing to worry about"....but isn't that what they always say?

Mods: please move to the appropriate forum if this is not the correct one.
edit on 3/27/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: making corrections

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I think the people in Japan are going to feel the effects for many years to come after that disaster. I kind of had a problem with the reporters verbally beating on the engineers at the plant and the Japanese government for falsely providing info to the media. I am not saying its OK to provide bad info, but you have to wander if that is the best political move. Especially if you are the Japanese government and you do not want to cause mass panic among your people.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I sincerely believe if we are already seeing radiation in the rainwater in Massachusetts, albeit in "low levels", that the disaster there is far worse than they have been reporting.

My heart goes out to everyone in Japan, especially because they have been lied to by their government regarding just how bad this is.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
with the way and speed this is traveling i am expecting to see deaths occuring in japan within a few weeks.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think there will be a lot of radiation going around all over here pretty soon and it ain't looking to good. And to be quite honest i'm getting scared of what's to come.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonhelton
with the way and speed this is traveling i am expecting to see deaths occuring in japan within a few weeks.

What a nonsence and lie ...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
With the report recently of 2 reactors on possible full meltdown
things are going from bad to worse and I am afraid
for the people of Japan and the US as I believe with
so much radiation it is going to reach our coast and
beyond. I would think it difficult to avoid rain with
radiation especially in Japan as so many are
homeless and living on the edge.
edit on 27-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You will never get the truth from Japanese.They protect their honour with life itself.

The thought of appearing weak to other nations is not an option.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If I may give a little advice for those who don't know, you can use baking soda to wash radioactive particles off your clothes, and off your body. Taken internally with water, it helps protect your kidneys, and is good to prevent/fight cancer.

There has been so much hype about iodine... Is there something else that can help protect?
edit on 27-3-2011 by Aresh Troxit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Peeps

Don't be overly alarmed and for god's sake do not panic.

The US was surface testing nukes for years a lot closer to home with a damn site more radiation than Japan. Nobody has three heads or anything.

Chernobyl went up a lot worse than this and there was no real harm except very locally in Russia.

new topics

top topics

join