It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Information Within the Biblical Genealogy in Genesis Reveals a Hidden Story

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thank you. You should join us in this thread. LINK The entire thread is worth reading.

Originally posted by kaiode1

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Thats awesome, I really wish I knew Gods true word and not out of a book twisted by man but whats he really wants of us. Sadly I guess we will never really know for sure until we are face to face with him.

How true. The Bible is not approached correctly. It is not the Word of God, yet, paradoxically, it is the word of God in an imperfect reality. Are you shocked I say that?

In reality, Christ is the true Word of God as stated in John 1. The Bible is only a reflection of both man and God together, as in a dimly lit mirror.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This point is missed on nearly the entire world and represents the truth an atheist needs to hear. A non-believer sees only his reflection in the mirror and misses God altogether. Why? He is blinded by his selfish spirit and ignores God in the reflection. He's too busy looking at his love for himself to see the one who made him standing right there alongside. The irony here is that God is LOVE. Faith, hope and love are what God offers from the other side of the reflection.

We (mankind) produce a horrible image in the mirror, but God suffers us within his image anyway. We are made within His image as imperfect reflections of Him, so it stands to reason our rendering in the biblical reflection will be a historical depiction of our own imperfect image next to God's perfect image. If we were perfect, we would be Him and the Bible would be the perfect word reflected by our own perfection. We cannot be His perfection apart from entering the reflection back to God alongside Christ.

Suppose God made us in a perfect image of Himself. He cannot make Himself in perfection or it would be a perfect copy of Himself. He can only be one, not two. We can only be an imperfect reflection of Him as an image which is less than Him. How imperfect did he choose us to be? All the way from chaos. This is the process of drawing us closer in a temporal reality where consciousness defies entropy. The universe decays as we climb closer to God in defiance of the material world's love of darkness. The unbeliever makes the choice to follow entropy back to the darkness. The believer seeks the light against the flow of a raging stream. Its a struggle to keep faith, hope and love alive. Revelation proclaims to the believer, "OVERCOME!"

This is a sad aspect of religion. God can be seen in pieces anywhere man is present in the world, but religion holds truth as something of a pride issue with its supposed perfect theology and dogma. God is the only truth, period. We are filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). Look at Buddha, Confucius, Muhammad, Krishna, American Indians and so on. If you look, God is there and each of them are filthy rags like all of us. Works are not enough. Christ paid the price to bring us fully back to God by Grace, God's unmerited favor.

I love Hermetic philosophy from Egypt. The Corpus Hermeticum reveals some hidden aspects of God. The Dhammapad is ripe with insight. The Discourses of Rumi are astounding. God is everywhere you look, yet so is imperfection and untruth. This is the Divine paradox. The Bible and all the other reflections of truth that have touched the hand of man will be imperfect and dimly lit. This is why Christ said the true path is in the middle (narrow). God is not the exoteric church and he is not the esoteric new age magic. God is in the middle--the narrow path between all you think you are seeing in the illusion. In my humble opinion, God will not be found in perfection here on Earth except within the life of His true Word--Jesus Christ.

Here is a quote from the Corpus Hermeticum:

8. Then said Poemander unto me, Dost thou understand this vision, and what it meaneth? I shall know, said I. Then said he, I am that Light, the Mind, thy God, who am before that moist nature that appeared out of darkness; and that bright and lightful Word from the mind is the Son of God.

Did Hermes know of the Son of God and that He was the WORD? A dogmatic Christian will say no. I say, stop looking at yourself in the mirror. A mirror cannot reflect itself, only what it sees. We are only the witness, not the judge.

very, very well put my friend. There are so many atheists that realize that a lot of the religion and things that we have been led to believe are mixed so much with lies that it's impossible to know what's real. but these atheists allow their new "no god" beliefs to close their minds in ways that are even MORE dangerous than being led astray by blind faith. i think that it's good not to just give in to blind faith, but you also have to keep your mind open to the realm of the spiritual, and i believe that's where so many people mess up.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Faith Hope and Love. Love remains.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great video. I love your signature. signature:

Anyone can complicate a given subject, but true genius is in simplifying to its basic form...

“Love moves from image to frontier.

reply to post by Americanist

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Hey madness, great post. But it seems like the OP is disregarding the fact that you already demolished his attempt to post-hoc rationalize a genealogy that doesn't mean what he claims it means even though you provided all sorts of clear references to him being incredibly wrong on a few of the names there.

SuperiorEd,

Buttock
Man of the dart

Those two stand. All of my provided meanings for the names given? They stand. All you've done in this thread is ignore the fact that I provided sources and contradicted the definitions given by those sources without reason.

Also, fun fact. Moses is an Egyptian name.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm going to start swearing in my native tongue if this ignorance keeps going on. I've addressed the whole 'Biblical pyramids' thing...in fact, it was one of the very very very first discussions I had when I joined ATS.

The pyramids of Egypt predate the Hebrew language, Hebrew society, or anything resembling monotheism. Furthermore, there is absolutely no archeological evidence to support the idea that the Hebrews ever resided in Egypt, let alone that the account of that time given in the Bible is anything resembling accurate.

Sheer ignorance.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I see your context for this is the fact that you once had a conversation about Egypt here on ATS. In conclusion to this, you equate me as Ignorant. Let me provide some context from my perspective on the subject. Maybe you know more. Feel free to comment.

The first Hebrew in Egypt was Thoth (Enoch). I say Hebrew in the sense that he predates Abraham. Enoch is not hard to match to Hermes. The first circulation of Hermetica to the Greeks arises in the 2nd centuray BC. According to the Islamic tradition of the East, Hermes Trismegistus was considered the one that gave man science, language, philosophy, alchemy and so on. They called him Idrís. The Jews knew him as Enoch and the Midrash calls Enoch Idris. Bahá'u'lláh writes, in the Tablet on the Uncompounded Reality:

"The first person who devoted himself to philosophy was Idrís. Thus was he named. Some called him also Hermes. In every tongue he hath a special name. He it is who hath set forth in every branch of philosophy thorough and convincing statements. After him Balínús derived his knowledge and sciences from the Hermetic Tablets and most of the philosophers who followed him made their philosophical and scientific discoveries from his words and statements."

Another quote from Plato, Phaedrus 274d

"The tradition that Thoth had revealed the arts of writing, number, geometry, and astronomy to King Ammon at Thebes was known to Plato and related by him in the Phaedrus." The early philosophers derived their idea of Nous, Gonsis, duality, and so on to Enoch. There were 40 volumes of his books in the library of Alexandria before it burned at the hands of the Romans.

Augustine: City of God

"Hermes makes many...statements agreeable to the truth concerning the one true God Who fashioned this world," Augustine did not agree with Aesculapius much and had obvious problems with Hermetica in some areas.

It is worth nothing that Hermes was a man that brought the world a great deal of knowledge, he lived 300 years, he was messenger to God and he spoke at great length of topics that are straight out of Biblical theology. He spoke of God as light and nous and he called the Word the Son of God. Enoch 1 is a prophecy about the flood, God, Science and our day and age. He even describes a black hole in detail. He describes parts of the universe in great detail. The entire book is nearly all related to current cosmology.

Where else do we find a man such as this, who also fits this description?

In the Book of LINK, chapter 3, we read that Enoch was this very man. He lived 65 years before walking with God for 300 more. He visited the realms of heaven and was privileged to have access behind the veil of reality.

The next character we see entering Egypt is Joseph. In Isaiah 19:19, we see that the Pyramids was constructed as a monument to the Lord. Enoch has often been credited for this building project. It is also possible that it predates Enoch and even mankind. Either way, Joseph was there to learn. He was PtahHotep, a Visier in the courts of the 5th Dynasty. He lived 110 years old and wrote the Maxims of PtahHotep.

The next character in Egypt was Moses. Yes, an Egyptian name. Moses was schooled in Hermetica and then left with the value Egypt offered. Hermes left us with a prophecy that the people of Egypt would be left desolate and destroyed by their idolatry. He was right. The nation lost its glory, just as Hermes stated.

If you need evidence for Moses in Egypt, see the book, Riddle of the Exodus by James Long. I don't really care if you believe me on this. I'm sorry you feel that I am ignorant. Do your research or simply provide some context of your own. My context above is accurate.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I'm going to start swearing in my native tongue if this ignorance keeps going on. I've addressed the whole 'Biblical pyramids' thing...in fact, it was one of the very very very first discussions I had when I joined ATS.

The pyramids of Egypt predate the Hebrew language, Hebrew society, or anything resembling monotheism. Furthermore, there is absolutely no archeological evidence to support the idea that the Hebrews ever resided in Egypt, let alone that the account of that time given in the Bible is anything resembling accurate.

Sheer ignorance.

edit on 25-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This point is missed on nearly the entire world and represents the truth an atheist needs to hear.

A non-believer sees only his reflection in the mirror and misses God altogether. Why? He is blinded by his selfish spirit and ignores God in the reflection. He's too busy looking at his love for himself to see the one who made him standing right there alongside. The irony here is that God is LOVE. Faith, hope and love are what God offers from the other side of the reflection.

No it doesn't.

Oh Look! Another anti-Atheist thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
good work!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
How so? I would love to hear you fill in some context with your perspective.

Originally posted by Annee

This point is missed on nearly the entire world and represents the truth an atheist needs to hear.

A non-believer sees only his reflection in the mirror and misses God altogether. Why? He is blinded by his selfish spirit and ignores God in the reflection. He's too busy looking at his love for himself to see the one who made him standing right there alongside. The irony here is that God is LOVE. Faith, hope and love are what God offers from the other side of the reflection.

No it doesn't.

Oh Look! Another anti-Atheist thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sure. Well said. The book of Adam and Eve, for instance, tells us why God allowed the fall of man.

Ch. 13:13

....text removed to slim down quote...

This thread is packed with really good information. I had heard references to the Book of Adam, but hadn't heard anything about it other than "oh it deals with how they were tricked and kicked out." Thank you for a great thread and this information.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

I do not mean to bring this thread off topic. I believe God has put himself in pretty much everything that we see. However, i find it hard that you can believe in the God of the bible, or a supreme being at all, and not believe that he can divinely inspire a book.

Now, i believe the book can be corrupted by "newer" versions. However, if you read the KJV, ( i use the NKJV ) i dont think you will have much of an issue.

Why would you serve a God that isnt even powerful enough to inspire a book?

----

I do not find the video of the original poster critical to salvation, but it is a very interesting find that should help build whatever amount of faith you can take from it. I do not believe God has hidden much of anything. I just believe it takes a certain wise man to see what is right in front of you.
edit on 1-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join