It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monthly PDF Summary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Someone on the board told me ATS has, or at least used to have, a PDF summary that was put out every month. Does it still exist? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks,
TFN

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If you look at the bottom of the page,you can
click on site statistics.
Is that what you are looking for?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just seen the site statistics.

On there is a demographic report from Qualcast.

Make Female Ratio
Kids not kids
etc.

How the hall was this information gleaned

I don't remember completing any survey. If there is any evidence of data mining going on here.

That just blew this out of the water for me!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Just seen the site statistics.

On there is a demographic report from Qualcast.

Make Female Ratio
Kids not kids
etc.

How the hall was this information gleaned

I don't remember completing any survey. If there is any evidence of data mining going on here.

That just blew this out of the water for me!!

It's for advertising purposes.
How do you think they keep this site going,plus a little change in their pockets.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Do some research on Quantcast... They use algorithms to make their "best guess" of EVERY site's audience.

S...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Kdog, I didn't ask what it was used for. That the business development side of things, which is obvious and I know what it is used for. "Know you client", so you can make better targeted advert and drive higher traffic in specific targeted area, as thus increase revenue streams. Useful to know. and faster than "on foot" market research. or getting people to complete surveys. Why request it when you can take it an quantify it in by laws of average. especially when the sample pool is large enough to be statistically acceptable margins of error..

My question was how this company came to quantify these demographics? especially considering that it states in summary according to the report, ATS attracts primarily White men, predominantly older however even with graduate or post graduate eduction who are still less affluent than the mean, but that lucky as they have no kids anyway. Although ATS apparently does attract a higher percentage of Hispanics than the average, so that's good.

Data mining is a relatively new technology being employed by a lot of companies in CRM application, in order to identify personal data on a potential new client base. The use of cookies and other methods to track and compare preferences of returned data against average demographic models. it also has associations with snooping, and phising.

There are also concerns over privacy and ethical use of the data concerned. A concern I feel that does not warrant a low brow dismissal (
) Mr Springer. especially considering despite you analytic reports. You have no idea who any of us actually are.

You may be one of the site owners here, however I detect a lack of respect there towards your clientele, or maybe just me and it is unwarranted. As a business owner myself, one would not expect to refer to a "client" in such a fashion, or one day that client base might disappear, in the fickle fashion that is the internet, That is a prime example of bad CRM. But maybe you just had a long day.

It is recommended that an individual is made aware of the following before data are collected:
- The purpose of the data collection and any data mining projects,
- How the data will be used,
- Who will be able to mine the data and use them,
- The security surrounding access to the data, and in addition,
- How collected data can be updated.[38]

We may be in the main, be "less affluent" but we are not stupid. "Algorithms to make a best guess" you say.
Not Data Mining?

From Quantcast FAQ's

How do you collect your data?
We collect directly-measured data from the millions of web destinations controlled by our Quantified publishers. All the data we collect is anonymous and contains no personally-identifiable information. Anyone can participate. Digital media publishers can obtain refined analysis on their site by measuring their web properties utilizing a Quantcast measurement pixel. No matter how large or small your potential audience, Quantcast can provide a more detailed understanding of the size and demographic characteristics of your digital media content.

That's a lot of geek speak for, we monitor movements, by unsolicited programming.

I have to say, great technique to use on an audience that is already paranoid about surveillance, wouldn't you say. But you are first and foremost a commercial venture. So that I can understand. it does not mean I have to be happy about it.

Cheers
JF

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have to say, the stats are quite interesting. Never really analyzed them before.

But the PDF Summary that I was talking about is a summary of things that were posted during the month. Since noone seems to know what I'm talking about I'm guessing ATS doesn't do it anymore. Thanks anyway.

One last question....what does it mean when a thread gets flagged?

TFN
edit on 28-3-2011 by TruthFreedomNow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join