It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well I will bite on this as well, because this is one of those little tidbits that people seem to forget or ignore over and over and over again.

Let's use a hypothetical here and say that Nibiru does exist the planet is real and it is right next to the sun where it can't be seen. Has anyone ever wondered how this planet is going to do catastrophic things to Earth when it doesn't seem to ever move? The planet Nibiru/Planet-X hasn't moved from it's position next to the Sun in over a year at least. We are less then 2yrs away from the date of 12-21-2012 which by the way is still debatable on whether we are a few years away still or already past the date. This being due to questionable calendar practices by the Church.

This leads me to my question to the Nibiru believers. If this is true then how come this gigantic massive planet that has a orbit of 3000yrs + is not much closer? For that matter why does it appear to not even be moving? There are images of Sun dogs lens flares for the last 20yrs or so at least so is the planet still in the same space and never moves?

I am trying to be open-minded, but as a amateur astronomer you asked us how we could see it, so in return am asking you a logical question.

My answer to your question would be this. While we may not look at the Sun as it is rising in the mornings we can look in that direction during the night as well. You are assuming that this planet never changes its position regardless of the time of day. I contend that no planet is going to move in sync with the Sun and never appear in another position.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have no idea what they are i could only see them down the camera "on the screen" etc i was outside the window but pulled the phone back against the inside of the window to sheild from the glare

This is what it looked like to the eye & with the camera pointing directly at the sun light not a good thing to do i know, i was just glancing at the screen in the corner of my eye untill the brightness went down then id look at it fully and i see those objects, i was moving the cam from side to side with the wrist thos object 100% did not move left to right with the other lens flares i was seeing down the screen, and they was only visible when the glare had been taken away by the open window, it was like now you see them now you don't sort of thing, but i was abit amazed on seeing that LOL

Yeah but sure i don't know if this is or not this is the main reason i have not posted a new thread claiming I FOUND IT ZOMG! because to be honest i'm not a big fan nore a believer in Nibiru, the sun was coming up i thought what the hell...

anyway here is what it looked like to the naked eye pointing directly at the sun

Actually if i remember right pointing directly at it was complete white out on the screen this was a shot from tilting the cam slightly back out from the objects being visible if that makes any sense, so white out on screen this pic then objects was visible
img405.imageshack.us...

edit on 28-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Dude. Just find a buddy with a welding helmet and look up at the sun yourself. No one contest what you see with your own eyes.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

wait a while, you cant see whats behind the sun, wait till the earth moves further.
N
I
B
U
R
U

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If Nibiru is straight behind the sun, its orbit would be too elliptical, it would be sucked into sun, specially if its so near to it. You know they are like magnets, both pull each other. Nibiru has smaller mass, but it still affects a bit. And did u know that Sun is circling solar system too, it doesn't just stay same place. It rounds middle of solar system, although its not far from it. Every planet affects to center of solar system, specially Jupiter.

And you could see objects near the sun, if u put infrared filter to telescope. It blocks all other light but infrared. If Nibiru is so close to sun, it should glow like charcoal, cause it gets heat and light from Sun. Cause Brown Dwarf is so black, it doesn't mirror visible light, and this means it absorbs all the heat, like black wall in sunlight.

And when Nibiru went to inner reaches of Solar system??? We should have seen it even in night when it was passing there. Or it has so weird orbit that its always behind sun, meaning that it changes its orbit, meaning it somekind of spaceship. I guess this last explanation debunks whole thing.

Here is so called "orbit of Nibiru"
www.alienresearchcorp.com...

We can see it most of time, if u look that.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anybody know what this is on the left of the image
Taken from SOHO

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bicklp
Anybody know what this is on the left of the image
Taken from SOHO

Its CCD detector, bright objects make it bleed.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Thebel because: not mercury, sorry

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
and whats this covered up bit

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And this one is just missing spot, nothing to worry about
Even NASA has flaws in transmitting signals, they are not lossless.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

easy, spaceship. the sun acts as a gateway ( no i dont want to get into this gotta go to bed)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So our good buddy heineken bounces violently back and forth, claiming that no planets can be seen at all, ever, ever, during the daytime, yet then he says they can only with a 'certain set-up' when what he posted isn't even a filter, completely ignoring other actual examples of solar filters provided.

Oh, and now he's stuck with it being a brown dwarf despite earlier claiming that he doesn't know what it is and never saying it was one. Despite the fact that one would be wreaking catastrophic havoc on our solar system and we wouldn't even be here talking.

And that it would be brighter than Jupiter, something that would very clearly be seen in the daytime.

At least he's honest enough to admit that he doesn't even know what he's talking about.
edit on 28-3-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here is my question: why can Nibiru only been seen in the morning? The Earth revovles around the sun. Eventually, we're going to be at an angle that allows us to see it, right? Unless Nibiru is on some weird orbit that perpetually keeps it on the other side of the sun? If that were the case, then it wouldn't be heading right for us. Venus can be seen at night, during the right times, very brightly. I'm not an astronomer, but I just don't understand why the constraint of "You can only see it in the morning" exists. WHY is that?

I am all for looking out for Nibiru and finding something new. But, that wishful thinking is tempered by a healthy does of skepticism. The skeptic in me is wondering why a brown dwarf can only be sighted in the morning, near the sun. One would imagine that our orbit and rotation would eventually make Nibiru visible. Further, some folks have mentioned that chemtrail spraying is meant to deter viewing... Really?

Would love clarification.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The claim that "Nibiru is behind the Sun" does not stand to scrutiny. You know why? because the only way for Nibiru to be always behind the Sun, it would have to be in the same orbit as Earth is, but on the other side with the Sun between the Earth and Nibiru.

The claim that Nibiru is always behind the Sun, and it is in between Mars and Jupiter does not stand up to scrutiny either, because once it is night, we should be able to see at least the 7 planets around the image given by that member in that link you gave. Nibiru might not reflect MUCH light, but the planets seen in that photo ALL are reflecting light, so imo that photo is a hoax, a really bad photoshop.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I wanted to add a few things, from what I know about solar filters it is virtually impossible to see anything but the sun with one attached to a scope in the daytime, at nighttime you could see things fine.

But, if this "Nibiru" is behind the sun and we can't see it from Earth, then please explain this graphic....

I mean we are clearly at an angle where we can't see behind the sun, but the 2 Stereo scopes seem to have the complete area covered.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Here is my question: why can Nibiru only been seen in the morning? The Earth revovles around the sun. Eventually, we're going to be at an angle that allows us to see it, right? Unless Nibiru is on some weird orbit that perpetually keeps it on the other side of the sun? If that were the case, then it wouldn't be heading right for us. Venus can be seen at night, during the right times, very brightly. I'm not an astronomer, but I just don't understand why the constraint of "You can only see it in the morning" exists. WHY is that?

I am all for looking out for Nibiru and finding something new. But, that wishful thinking is tempered by a healthy does of skepticism. The skeptic in me is wondering why a brown dwarf can only be sighted in the morning, near the sun. One would imagine that our orbit and rotation would eventually make Nibiru visible. Further, some folks have mentioned that chemtrail spraying is meant to deter viewing... Really?

Would love clarification.

Cause Nibiru conspiratists claim that Nibiru somehow stays behind sun, which means something slows it down. If it would be real, it would have faster orbit period. Stars would just speed huge speed in solar system, not have THOUSANDS years orbit periods. Brown Dwarfs are still massive, which means Sun pulls them strongly, which means fast travelling.

kix

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dont buy the Niburu FEAR, because as an amateur astronomer with a good Telescope, I fail to see someone who "KNOWS" to post or publish its transit coordinates or better yet its actual coordinates.

The day they do, Ill set up my Telescope, punch the localization, and I should see it.
Most new comets and such are diiscovered by amateurs and later confirmed by professionals on bog Observatories, even Hollywood flicks depict that.

Even more entertaining are the explanations, Chemtrails, its a brown dwarf that emits no light and absorbs almost all the light so its really dark, and such.

They have been saying this since like 2008, nothing moves that slow to make a rotation around the sun if its close and so massive, either we should have been moved and tossed, or the "Niburu" is just a hoax.

My humble 2 pesos.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No object can always and forever stay "close to the sun" unless it's orbit is always and forever inside the orbit of Mercury. We can observe Mercury from Earth with our eyes, so anything outside that orbit is observable from Earth, WITHOUT any telescope or fancy filters.

Anything approximating the orbit postulated for this mythical "Nibiru" (inbound from the outer solar system) would at some point during the year be away from the sun, ESPECIALLY if it's orbit had any Earth-orbit crossing properties, and you could see it with your eyes.

It... ain't... there.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Please stop being a scoffer.

I saw the Venus transit in 2004 along with millions of other people. I did it with simple equipment. It was easy. You too can get things together in a short time and get to a viewing site for the 2012 transit.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So what's your argument to the fact that if a large body, a brown dwarf is what various threads say nibiru is, entered our neighbourhood, there would be noticeable changes to surrounding planets due to the gravitational pull of such a large object?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join