It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Great article you linked to heineken. It says that it is not easy, but even an inexperienced person with no practice can do this.

Finding Venus in the daytime isn’t all that easy, and can be frustrating. If you can’t find it, don’t sweat it. But if you do, I think you’ll be amazed. I still remember the first time I did, when I was about 15.

Even kids can do it. I bet. I bet even you could do it heineken. Now get out there and actually do some research for a change.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Venus is very faint and difficult to locate with a telescope during daytime...;

You're fibbing here. The article states that you don't even need a telescope to spot Venus. You did read the article didn't you?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

i than think that a fainter and far more distant object such as planet X would be an impossible task for an amateur astronomer

That is correct since if a new planet exists it is likely to be 1/3 of a light year or farther out and less than magnitude 18, which places it out of the reach of amateurs.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Look at SIRIUS

15 degrees South

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman
Look at SIRIUS

15 degrees South

...What about it?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

The problem is that no one that believes in Nibiru wants to see any evidence that they are wrong. It's kind of like not wanting to give up belief in Santa or the Easter bunny

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

The one thing I adore about him he is open minded enough to look at and respect all of the different points of view on the matter. When I first talked to him about my theory in 1997, he did not agree at all, and told me so, but he and the NASA astronomers, after many years, agree with about 80% today. They still do not agree with my theory on the earth shifting 23.7 degrees, which has now corrected 2 degrees, to 23.5. But a new side of Archaeology has opened up, called Astroarchaeology. Studing the alignments of ancient temples to the stars and East, showing that the Sun always rose and set in the same place and the earth was on it's correct axis.
And I did make the mistake it is not the comet Apollo but Apophis.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by manicmaniac

Some nitwits claim that there is a planet with this outlandish orbit. Such an orbit is unstable and the orbit would quickly degrade into a more circular orbit after a few revolutions of the sun.

Orbits such as this are drawn by people that do not understand physics and think that planets are on invisible threads and not subject tot he gravitational interactions of the system.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Not only do you fall for a fraud, but you also think CW Leonis and a random star are unknown objects.

Elenin is nowhere near there, either.

11 15 39.9 +03 11 33

These are its current coordinates.

These are CW Leonis' coordinates:

09h 47m 57.38s
+13° 16′ 43.6″

Shocking.

NyxOne, the constellation Leo is a big area, how do you know that the video was shot of CW Leonis (9 47 47.41 + 13 16 43.56)? I didn't see where Astrolpatroit posted the location he was viewing. Until Astrolpatroit posts the location, so other people can check it out, I will question his video. That being said how can you say with such certainty, and condescending tones, that he is viewing CW Leonis?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasNocturne

Originally posted by NyxOne

Not only do you fall for a fraud, but you also think CW Leonis and a random star are unknown objects.

Elenin is nowhere near there, either.

11 15 39.9 +03 11 33

These are its current coordinates.

These are CW Leonis' coordinates:

09h 47m 57.38s
+13° 16′ 43.6″

Shocking.

NyxOne, the constellation Leo is a big area, how do you know that the video was shot of CW Leonis (9 47 47.41 + 13 16 43.56)? I didn't see where Astrolpatroit posted the location he was viewing. Until Astrolpatroit posts the location, so other people can check it out, I will question his video. That being said how can you say with such certainty, and condescending tones, that he is viewing CW Leonis?

The circled red object certainly looks like it.

www.lamentiraestaahifuera.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

.... only he calls it Vulcan....

Well, he's wrong then isn't he??

Because I happen to know that the REAL planet Vulcan is much farther away, and certainly not in our Solar system....but, in Galactic distance measurements, fairly nearby.....roughly 16.5 LY away from the Sol system, in the 40 Eridani system. Nearly our "back yard". (Good thing the natives are friendly, huh? LOL.)

Just as in one way our planet (proper name "Earth") could also be designated as "Sol III", Vulcan (its proper name) could be otherwise called "Eridani II"...as, it is the second planet counting outward, from its host star:

Name of the star is listed as 40 Eridani A (Omicron2 Eridani A). There are three planets and an asteroid belt in the system. Planet I is class-B. In Star Charts this is also the classification of Mercury. Planet II, Vulcan, is class-M. Planet III, T'Khul, is class-G and has a moon.

Vulcan system

Also, the Wikipedia entry for the Star system:

en.wikipedia.org...

Prove me wrong! Dare ya!

edit on 28 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Wow. That's really good work. I have seen Mercury only a few times after sunset. Well done.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Some nitwits claim that there is a planet with this outlandish orbit.

You mean, like this??:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad9ba46b54d8.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty much sums it up, when you try to reconcile all the various claims, over the years, eh??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

as you can see i did some research...i did a lot actually..

The one thing that I know is that you do not do any research - at all. Challenge me. I'm dying to tell everyone the no research tale.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh, excuse me I didn't know you were a member of the Federation of Planets. Do you channel them yourself. What I am trying to explain, what you call it is not even important, NASA does not call it Nibiru, or Vulcan, but Nemesis, and doubt you will findout much about it on NASA's site. As I said before, anything coming toward the earth is Classified, since March 2009. I know I will never even try to real anything classified again and as Dr. Warmkessel said I will just end up like dead. I noticed that you did not comment at all about the Probe that NASA sent off in 2008, even NASA said it was the first Entergeliactic Ship to leave Earth. The United States Government owns the patient of near to light travel. Do me the Math on 4 years trip to 3 Billion miles away. Now this was in the newspaper in Arkansas, and in the New York Times. Why would it be going there that far to investigate a Brown Dwarf Planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

i only said that IMO it is impossible for amateur astronomer to detect a dwarf star if its only seen during daytime..NOT BEHIND THE SUN!!!! so.. i will check if an object can be visible only during daytime..whilst at night time it will be only visible from the north or south pole

You've been shown how ludicrous this is in this thread by people that actually do this. It is clear that you have never done this or tried to do this and I will go out on a limb and say you will never ever make any effort to do this.

I have seen Polaris from 8N. Can you see Polaris from Malta? Sure and that means anything coming from the direction of Polaris would be visible in Malta even though you are no where near the North Pole of the Earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i still say you cant find a dwarf star during the day from earth..ok..fullstop

Clearly the sign of a closed mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

still i confirm ...you cant see a dwarf star with a telescope from earth during daytime

Definitely a closed mind. The evidence is piling up thick and heavy on this one and you don't need to walk out into the bright sunlight to figure that out.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

When was that book written?

28 years ago.

And how much did we know about the solar system then compared to now?

And it seems that the "encyclopedia" was right after all... Since the "encyclopedia" was written over 20 years ago, and since then more discoveries have been made which corroborate that encyclopedia...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Interesting. Maybe a lesson is in the offing?

The United States Government owns the patient of near to light travel.

Examine this claim with some math and reality. I presume this "patent to near light travel" is meant to imply near 'light speed' velocities, yes? (Also called, if exceeding the speed of light, "superluminal").

In miles, since it's the USA standard (and anyone can convert to Metric, at their choosing). Light is about 186,000 miles per second. I won't bore you with the math, because you can Google to find the miles that ONE LIGHT YEAR would equal, in distance:

One light-year is equal to:

• about 5,878,625,373,183.608 miles (about 6 trillion miles)

• en.wikipedia.org...

6 TRILLION miles. Keep that figure in mind, please.

Do me the Math on 4 years trip to 3 Billion miles away.

Well, I have offered the tools.....you can do it yourself. Doesn't need to be "near light speed", does it? I presume that "4 years trip" is both ways? SO, two each way? A bit unclear....(not to mention, acceleration/deceleration allowances....).

Now this was in the newspaper in Arkansas, and in the New York Times. Why would it be going there that far to investigate a Brown Dwarf Planet.

Perhaps you misread....why would "What"? be "going there" (??)

If you found the article, wold be very helpful, to explain in better detail. I think, perhaps, there are a few misconceptions involved here, in interpreting the news story.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join