It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse On The Cast of the 80's movie Poltergeist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The Poltergeist Trilogy has had a number of unusual deaths amongs the cast. In fact 4 death in a total of 6 years after the movie. Could this be retrubution? Random chance? Is anybody else aware of strange death among the cast of other horror movies?

1982: Dominique Dunn who played the older sister in the first Poltergeist movie was murdered by her ex-lover shortly after the film's release (and no it wasn't on set). For the exact details surrounding this, head to IMDB.
1985: Julian Beck who played the bad spirit' in Poltergeist II, died of stomach cancer. It was not unexpected as the cancer had been diagnosed in early 1984.
1987: Will Sampson who played the 'good spirit' in Poltergeist II, died of after receiving a heart-lung transplant. Will was also known as the tall 'mute' Indian in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest
1988: the young girl in all three movies was played by Heather O'Rourke. She died of a septic infection due to a bowel blockage that cause bacterial toxins to enter her system. Originally it was thought she had the flu, as all the early symptoms were the same. Within 24 hours, she died on the operating table while they tried to remove the blockage

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
the only curses related to cast that i can think of is for macbeth. now thats tragedy for ya. that is pretty crazy though. dfh out.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It's not a horror movie but this reminded me of 'Supermans curse'.
Superman's "Curse" Plagues Casting
"Perhaps the "Curse of Superman" is to blame for why the pic is having trouble casting the Man of Steel. The so-called "curse" is based on the misfortune many stars connected to Superman TV series and movies have encountered, such as Christopher Reeve's paralysis, Margot Kidder's nervous breakdown, Richard Pryor's multiple sclerosis and George Reeves' death. Reeves, who played Superman in the 1950s, was found dead of a single gunshot wound to the head in 1959."
www.hollywood.com...

Last article, bottom of page

Sanc'.
edit: correct link, d'oh

[edit on 23-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Cursed Movies:
The Crow: Not only does the Brandon Lee get killed accidentally (filming a scene of his character getting killed), but I think other crew members got maimed/killed as well
Rosemary's Baby: Crew members unharmed, but director's pregnant wife ritualistically murdered shortly thereafter
Queen Of The Damned: Alliyah dies before movie is released; plays "queen of undead" character
Superman: lead actor paralyzed from neck-down; lead actress suffered psychotic breakdown
Twilight Zone the Movie: Vic Morrow killed by helicopter during filming of scene
Rebel Without A Cause: stars James Dean, Natalie Wood, and Sal Mineo all die untimely deaths
The Misfits: The last movie for Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, & Montgomery Clift
Serpent & the Rainbow: nobody dead, but screenwriter has nervous breakdown after witnessing voodoo ritual & various cast & crew get sick or hallucinate

--Cassie the Morbid Film Fan

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I know there's an Omen Curse. A couple summers ago I watched "The Omen" on Much More Movie and every 5 seconds it would say "Coincidence? Or the Omen Curse?" Several bombs went off near the cast and crew since it was filmed during the IRA attacks. One of the crew members was in a bad car accident the first day of shooting. They filmed a scene that was cut at the zoo involving 2 lions, shortly after the cast & crew left, one of the guards was killed by one of the lions.

There's more stuff with the whole Omen movie collection thing here:
www.shadowofashadow.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I actually recall the curse of the Poltergeist Movies. In my younger years I had quite the Crush on Heather O'Rourke. We were around the same age.

Here's one more aspect of the curse you may have not heard about, Mini-Me (Vern Troyer) has world wide success and recognition. LOL

Vernan (Mini-Me) played the Tequila/Snot Demon From Poltergeist II

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Most cursed cast of all time is from The Muppet Movie. Sadly, on May 16, 1990 Link Hawgthrob, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf, Kermit the Frog, The Swedish Chef, and The Muppet Newcaster all fell silent. To add insult to injury, not 7 years later on Jan 15, 1997, Animal, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle and George the Janitor all too fell silent.

So cursed was this cast that even other stars who worked with them in other films were affected on those same two dates!!! Over 8 actors from the Star Wars saga fell mute, and over 12 actors from Nimh, three actors from Fraggle Rock, two actors from the Dark Crystal, the dog in the Tale of the Bunny Picnic, and other famous actors such as Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Guy Smilie, and Yoda all had thier lights extinguished!

Cursed I tell you, CURSED!!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
more superman curse info: Dean Cain has pretty much faded into oblivion. Margot Kidder had a mental breakdown and was found in someone's back yard, Terri Hatcher was relegated to those commercials with Howie Long.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Actually the Voice of Yoda, and Miss Piggy, and Grover, are Frank OZ, who is alive and well, and does film directing as well as Voice-overs as those character's, Most Recently as Yoda in the Newest Star Wars trilogy.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
also the muppets will be seen again in a "remake" of the wizard of oz. They are all alive and well and the reclusive Kermit has made several appearances on Sesame Street anniversary shows. When questioned about the demise of the muppets, kermit had this to say:

"contrary to popular belief, we are all still around. Piggy and I have split up and the last I heard she was shacking up with Fozzie and Animal. She was rather wild when I was with her but the stories of how she likes multiple muppet partners is rather saddening to me. I do miss yelling show me the bacon at the moment of climax, which she insisted on."

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Actually the Voice of Yoda, and Miss Piggy, and Grover, are Frank OZ, who is alive and well, and does film directing as well as Voice-overs as those character's, Most Recently as Yoda in the Newest Star Wars trilogy.

-ADHDsux4me

I realised that afterwards and should have quickly gone and fixed that. For some reason I had it in my head that Frank Oz had died in 1997. I'm so embarassed.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
the muppets an wizard of OZ cool

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Rebel Without A Cause Curse...

Almost thirty years to the date, news of the case reopening recalls an intriguing Hollywood anomaly, the "Rebel Without a Cause" curse.

With the reopening of the Natalie Wood case it reminded me of this thread and I thought I would give it a bump!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think its just coincidence. If It were different circs then I would be more inclined to believe that there is something going on. Seein as how most were natural causes I am going to say it was just life.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think there was some kind of curse,because they were tapping into something malevolent while making the film Poltergeist...They unknowingly opened doorways leading to ?...

The movie Rebel Without A Cause-1955 also has a curse... All the leading actors in the movie died young, James Dean,Sal Mineo.Natalie Wood and Nick Adams...Whats up with that?...Dennis hopper was also in the film and he died recently,but was'nt so young as all those others were...
edit on 18-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wont say this ones a curse but curse or not its cool steven kings movie christen (btw they made ao my god how many weird things happened making this movie (movie)
anyway in one scene near the end of the movie they used a indestructible grade bulldozer to smash trash and bash the heck out of the car even driving right over it smashing it almost flat .
well if you have seen the movie you will see the car at this point is behond scrap .
anyway in teh movie of making the movie the dude puts his hand inside (after the take was done) the car
cant get in lol nothing to get into (turns the key and can you guess what happens Next (que evil music)

new topics

top topics

join