It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Opinions of the Christians on ATS [Repost because the last one exploded??]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
(First off if this thread must be moved. Dont move it to the RATS section. I get a 404 when trying to go there. A mod did that last time I tried to post this.)

Let me start by saying that I am a Christian and as a Christian I think that means that I should love everyone. Or at least try to love everyone.

Whenever someone posts a thread on ATS about gay rights I always see some
Christian joining in and saying things like "I hate all gay people because
God hates them and if I was nice to them
God will kill me like he will kill the gay scum.
I hate all those gay people.
If my brother was gay I'd no longer love him because he is gay.
Oh them gays are horrible they are ruining society blah blah blah blah!"

LISTEN TO YOURSELVES!
You give Christians a bad name.
You really do.
I'm not saying that you have to support gay rights. (Although I do)
But as a Christian you need to set an example for others in the world.
Try to get a gay person to see why they are "in the wrong" and don't go quoting bible verses. Because that isn't reason for a gay person to not be gay if they aren't Christian.

The sad part is, I doubt many of you actually know why they are "in the wrong".

The Bible isn't a book about sexuality guys. This isn't the old testament. My God is a loving God. Is yours?

- Drew
edit on 3/27/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You're mistaken. Love, in the biblical sense, is not what you think it is! Love means having the will to die for someone else. The Japanese Dog that stayed by his injured friend after the tsunami when he could have run off to save himself is an example. The Bible says that Gays are a Judgement from God. Took me years to realize what that meant. Also, Jesus will come back with the sword.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the earth" I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me"

You said not to quote the bible, but then how do you spot the real from the fake? The bible says to Love the Gay, but hate the sicko buggary action and flaunting of Gay Pride! There is a big difference.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Love the sinner, hate the sin. That is what I was taught. Homosexuality is sin, but it is no worse than any other sin. Sin is sin, pure and simple. Lying, murder, pre-marital sex(whether hetero or homo), selfishness are all sinful actions. All are equally sinful in God's eyes.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I was taught that also. It may be a sin but it definitely isn't a choice. I mean why would someone gay choose to be hated?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger

T & C VILOLATION

I didnt tell anyone to believe anything. I have to ask how you get away with calling me an asshole? Is there a part in the rules that allow for you specifically to call me an asshole?

The title is my opinion. Seriously learn to read before you come to my post trolling me.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

But we all choose to act or not act on our sinful desires.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Tell yourself whatever it takes to sleep at night, but if you want to argue theology leave your self deluded lies at home.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
the scriptures are full of sexuality and very relative, I suspect the majority here love the truth not made up bullshagandorf

testify~testament?

All these words come from the Latin testis meaning witness. The ultimately etymology of the Latin word is uncertain with the usual explanation being that the testes or testicles are witnesses to or prove a man’s virility. Some suggest that the Latin words for the witness and the reproductive organs are unrelated, with testa, meaning pot or shell, being the source for the latter. www.wordorigins.org...

I was listening to Neal Boortz the other day and he began discussing the word testimony which got me to looking.
They all seem to spring from the Latin testis which got me wondering, and I think ol' Neal may be right in his attestation.
He said that it all comes from the ancient method of taking an oath. As there were no Bibles yet to place one's hands on, people, when taking an oath used to place their hand upon one's, ahem, (cough) testicles. There is Biblical support for this in the Old Testament, as well as other secular sources.

I think with the root word for the list of words in the subject being the same, I think Boortz is right.

As an aside, with the issues around Illinois' former governor, their current senator, etc., it has been suggested the word testimony be changed to testifony...www.alphadictionary.com...

Dr. Lejeune explained that within three to seven days after fertilization we can determine if the new human being is a boy or a girl. "At no time," Dr. Lejeune said, "is the human being a blob of protoplasm. As far as your nature is concerned, I see no difference between the early person that you were at conception and the late person which you are now. You were, and are, a human being."

Etymology
From Latin testiculum, testicle, literally little witness, from testis, witness + diminuitive suffix -ulum
open-dictionary.com...

It is estimated that in about 85% of men the lower hanging testicle is the left one. testicle.askdefine.com...

my two witneses?

Zechariah 4
For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Psalm 22
I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Originally posted by thewanger

T & C VILOLATION

I didnt tell anyone to believe anything. I have to ask how you get away with calling me an asshole? Is there a part in the rules that allow for you specifically to call me an asshole?

The title is my opinion. Seriously learn to read before you come to my post trolling me.

Remember what Christ said, they will hate you because of my name. They will hate us because we believe in Him, nothing to get upset about. Christ also said to pray for our enemies, believe me I have a hard time with doing that, but it's not impossible.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Tell yourself whatever it takes to sleep at night, but if you want to argue theology leave your self deluded lies at home.

You do know and realize that ATS is like T.V., if you don't like what your watching then change the channel.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Dr. Lejeune explained that within three to seven days after fertilization we can determine if the new human being is a boy or a girl. "At no time," Dr. Lejeune said, "is the human being a blob of protoplasm. As far as your nature is concerned, I see no difference between the early person that you were at conception and the late person which you are now. You were, and are, a human being."

Thanks for this info, it will make for a good argument against pro-abortion activist proving that to abort a fetus is truly committing murder.

And as for the Latin thing, didn't they start using Latin till way later on when the Roman Catholic Church started translating the biblical writings.

noun (plural testes /-tiːz/)
Origin:testis
early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'a witness' (i.e. to virility). Compare with testicle

noun
[mass noun]
virility
(in a man) the quality of having strength, energy, and a strong sex drive; manliness:

As you can see, here's how the word can be used in more than one form and apparently come from the early 18th century. So is it really biblical, doesn't look like it.

Here in, Genesis 24:2 (Amplified Bible)
2 And Abraham said to the eldest servant of his house [Eliezer of Damascus], who ruled over all that he had, I beg of you, put your hand under my thigh;

And in, Genesis 24:9 (Amplified Bible)
9 So the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master and swore to him concerning this matter.

And again here, Genesis 47:29 (Amplified Bible)

29 When the time drew near that Israel must die, he called his son Joseph and said to him, If now I have found favor in your sight, put your hand under my thigh and [promise to] deal loyally and faithfully with me. Do not bury me, I beg of you, in Egypt,

Footnotes:

1. Genesis 47:29 This was a customary manner of taking a solemn oath. The gesture was a reference to the mark of circumcision, the sign of God's covenant, which is equivalent to our laying our hand upon the Bible. (Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with A Commentary).

You can look in all the translations and footnotes and no where it says anything about them putting their hand on another mans testes to make an agreement, I think some times you have to look in more than one place to get the most accurate information.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

did you happen to notice AFTER three days the testes are discernable in the womb? after my High School sweetheart Rebecca (if thats not crazy enough there was another potential and if I remeber correctly his name was Isaac!) had an abortion (has sons now) to which shortly thereafter I picked up a green Gideon NT and as soon as I started to open just the cover I heard an audible voice to my left that said my name then "I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"

Matthew 27
Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

Matthew 12
He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

Revelation19
and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Ephesians 2
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Romans9
(For the twins being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Revelation15
For you alone are holy

Zechariah 3
For behold, the stone That I have laid before Joshua: Upon the stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its inscription,’ Says the LORD of hosts, ‘ And I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Acts7
the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands

Hebrews4
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Colossians 3
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

The placing of one's hand under the "thigh" is a euphemistic way to refer to swearing upon the testicles of the master. The testicles are the sign of Abraham's descendants (they literally contained the "seed" that God had promised to bless in Genesis 15, 17, 22). cantuar.blogspot.com...

Galatians 3
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

“ The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.

Romans 9
That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Corinthians 11
For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
*high fives the OP cause I feel the same way as he does*

My God is a loving god. He hates the sin. But, he does not hate the sinner. Therefore, anyone can come to God and be accepted. So long as they believe with their hearts and confess with their mouths.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Isn't being gay just like being religious?

I can wake up tomorrow and decide to start telling everyone I love men.

I can also wake up tomorrow and decide that I want to be Catholic, or Protestant, or Muslim.

If I were religious I would be very careful about telling over people how to live, when I myself, could end up falling under the label of "lifestyle" participant that some other people may or may not agree with and possibly see as destructive and harmful.

From my point of view 80% of the worlds history of tragedy, murder, and genocide has all been based on religion.
Any reasonable group of people would actually ban and outlaw religion considering that the majority of violent conflicts happening around the world right now are based on religion, or perceived difference in tribal heritage.

I'm just sayin. Muslims are catching up to Christians in sheer volume, so Christians might want to consider toning it down a bit because muslim populations are actually having more kids per year than christian populations. So maybe you'll be the minority in a 20 years and all this attempt to get your way will open the door for someone else to jump on you and start telling you how to live later.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone
Isn't being gay just like being religious?

I can wake up tomorrow and decide to start telling everyone I love men.

I can also wake up tomorrow and decide that I want to be Catholic, or Protestant, or Muslim.

If I were religious I would be very careful about telling over people how to live, when I myself, could end up falling under the label of "lifestyle" participant that some other people may or may not agree with and possibly see as destructive and harmful.

From my point of view 80% of the worlds history of tragedy, murder, and genocide has all been based on religion.
Any reasonable group of people would actually ban and outlaw religion considering that the majority of violent conflicts happening around the world right now are based on religion, or perceived difference in tribal heritage.

I'm just sayin. Muslims are catching up to Christians in sheer volume, so Christians might want to consider toning it down a bit because muslim populations are actually having more kids per year than christian populations. So maybe you'll be the minority in a 20 years and all this attempt to get your way will open the door for someone else to jump on you and start telling you how to live later.

At the start of your post the answer to that is called, free will.
As for the second half, it's called imperfect man with the nerve to judge others unjustly.
And at the end, mankind has always been fighting with each other for one reason or another, and it will continue until the return of Christ.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Then good luck with that. I see how it's worked out for you guys so far, and I choose to walk a different path.

I'll pray for the rapture for you. That way we can all get what we want!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
How about you bring us some examples of that kind of talk from Christians on ATS. I've never seen any Christian here EVER post anything like the tripe you spewed out. I've seen them condemn homosexuality (which I do not think is any of their business) and I've seen harsh words back AT them - but nothing like what you posted.

So, you've seen it? Prove it.

From there, honestly, I think you've got a 'double teaming' thread going here - failing to be as clever as you might think you are.

What does a 'double teaming' thread mean? Well, look at it. Not only are you bashing Christians, but, at the same time you're posting filthy hate about homosexuals and getting away with it because you're trying to convince us it's 'them' not you.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

peace
edit on 28-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm a little hesitant to post anything now that has to do with gays because apparently if you are not "for" the gays, you are filled with hate and judgement etc...

To the OP:
You talk about love, in the Christian sense, but there is a huge difference of what love is in the "Biblical" sense. I think a few posters pointed that out with Scripture.

You also alluded that we "christians" are not in the OT
Jesus came to fulfill the entire OT, so to say we are not in it, is to say that that Jesus of the Gospel is not the same Jesus you are following.

To love someone in the way Jesus did and does...Is to forsake everything (if required) to follow after him (Jesus) this means you are ready to leave even your home, families, friends, nations, all of it, to go out and do the mission given to the disciples. Ultimately, you will be hated of all for what you may do, simply because the masses are all going in one direction while you're going in another. Same applies for your stern beliefs, your beliefs, if they reflect the Word of God, are in direct opposition to the "masses" and you will be hated for it. Period.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Maymunah because: error spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I mostly agree with you OP. I won't waste anymore words though, because they will likely fall on deaf ears and stubborn hearts.

Everyone needs to take a step back and worry about themselves for a change.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join