It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts: Small amounts of radiation detected in state rainwater following Japan nuclear disast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Low levels of radioactive iodine likely resulting from the nuclear accident in Japan have been detected in a sample of rainwater in Massachusetts, state health officials said today.

www.boston.com...

Seems like the official story changes just about everyday. First, there was no radiation leak. Then there was a leak, but it was minor. Then it wouldn't affect Tokyo. Then it wouldn't reach the west coast. Then it wouldn't reach the east coast. Now it has reached the east coast, but it is just temporary and harmless. What are we to believe when the "truth" changes daily?
edit on 27-3-2011 by METACOMET because: title broken

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Weird how the improbable happened but happened further to the east.
I suggest someones meters may have gone insane.
Or the PTB is on a scare campaign.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
www.boston.com...

Here is a week old article from the same news outlet (The Boston Globe) titled: "State officials fear a run on iodide pills, Downplay role in disaster plans"

“We would discourage people from picking pills up, because there is no need’’

Yet, the exact substance that KI protects against has found its ways 6500 miles away from the nuclear disaster.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Remember when they said it would be highly unlikely that the radiation would reach the U.S. That was as late as yesterday.

Guess they were wrong, huh?

As a matter of fact, it seems like everything they churn out to keep people calm almost immediately becomes "wrong". Let's see what they get wrong next. It won't take too terribly long to find out, I think.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm in a neighboring State. This is scary. They never tell us the truth. Imagine how many places and people this will affect????

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So...I'm in Seattle, and was in a downpour today. How worried should I be? This is pure bs for the govt to keep US in the dark...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Alright, I have to question this report for a couple reasons.

Firstly, I live in central Mass very near the Wachusett reservoir and there has been absolutely not a peep about this our anything more than normal background radiation in either public or private channels. Nothing that is outside of this article.

Second, and more importantly, there had been no rainfall here in two weeks. A minor dusting of snow over a week ago, nothing more. Frankly, just this past week alone it's been freezing cold and dry. The last major precipitation we had was at about or just before the tsunami first occurred.

I find this article an unnecessary and deliberate banging of the drums.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

The Herald has picked it up and has a little more info.

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) today announced that very low concentrations of radioiodine-131 (I-131), likely associated with the Japan nuclear power plant event, have been detected in a precipitation (i.e. rainwater) sample. The sample location is one of more than 100 locations around the country that are part of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Radiation Network (RadNet) monitoring system that routinely monitors for radioactivity in environmental media. The concentration of I-131 was 79 pCi/L (picocuries per liter).

bostonherald.com...
and infowars
www.infowars.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

You should watch to see if yor get and skin irratation.

When I was measuring radiation.

It was .2uRentogens was the max allowed. From what I hear it is alot higher than is being reported.
We are hidding the data to prevent a panic.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not sure if any of you saw the detection in Alabama this AM......Radiation Network could not verify the reading from the station......so they deleted the station reporting.......I found that interesting.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Boston.com was the first to pick up on this. Then ATS. Then the Herald and Inforwars. Now 108 news outlets are reporting this.

LINK< br />
Personally I'm not very worried about this getting out of control 6500 miles from Japan. However, if there was something to worry about I don't think us lowly citizens would be the first to know, if you know what I mean. As was said in the OP, the EPA and other agencies have a brand new story everyday. Thanks for your replies everyone. I'll try to keep this thread up to date if anything new comes down the pike.

EDIT:
www.boston.com...
Fire at Seabrook nuclear plant

Hmmm. Now this makes me wonder if there are bigger problems at Seabrook and they are using the Fukushima meltdown as an excuse for Seabrook radiation. Just speculation but there it is.
edit on 28-3-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

top topics

join