It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG NEWS I've discovered THE TRUTH!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You are completely correct in Fearing G-d as the way to overcome fear of earthly matters. Demagogues take advantage of this externalized fear. Hence, they need to separate us from a meaningful relationship with G-d, which should combine both fear and love. Fear of doing wrong - that is, things that you know conflict with your conscience, and by honoring G-d in this way, and fearing retribution or separation from him, you simultaneously grow in your love and trust in Him.

Fear gets a bad rap. Fear of G-d is a very good thing. Infact, those who fear G-d, fear no government or state pressure.

Theres a reason why some of the greatest of biblical figures were rebellious. They Feared only G-d, and therefore were courageous in their rejection of corrupt governments. See Noah, Abraham, Moses, the biblical prophets.

This makes the new testament doctrine of "rendering unto caeser that which is his caesers" and the discussions elsewhere all the more suspect.

G-d wants us to do what is right. If Caeser or the government coerces to do the opposite, all because of "political correctness" than you my friend are an idolator. You have put the state ahead of G-d.

Compare the idea of "They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see; Ears, but they cannot hear" in reference to idols. Think deeply about this.

One who does what is politically correct, has "eyes" but he does not see. He has a mouth, but he does not speak what he knows to be true. He has ears, but chooses not to understand. This is a symbol for the idol - the false (and utterly pagan) notion that politics is the ultimate authority.

One who fears G-d does what Abraham did: smashed the idols of his father (or false and corrupt beliefs of his ancestors).

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Kevin is absolutely right. This is not "breaking news" and the OP has certainly not "discovered the truth." He may have finally found his own belly button, but that's about it. The really unfortunate thing about the conspirational mindeset is that they don't believe anything anyone tells them--unless it's a conspiracy, in which case they believe anything anoyone tells them. You are prey to people like David Icke. You think other people are the sheeple when it is you whop are going Baa baa at any conspiracy that comes along.

I hate David Icke... and I hate Alex Jones (I just like that David Icke quote)

I fall victim to nobody.

Please don't think of me as some conspiracy victim.

Let me quickly outline what I believe:

1. God
2. Devil
3. The Illuminati/TPTB are very real
4. The Illuminati/TPTB are very real and they pretty much own the entertainment industry.

If you don't believe in those 4 things... you probably won't like what i have to say.

One thing i've also noticed... If you make a deal with the devil... and you don't own up
to your end of the bargain... They will lock you up and throw away the key.

TPTB don't want you singing/rapping about God.... and if you do... They will
turn you into a crazy person.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I believe in God

I believe you are a victim of the religion of conspiracy.

I don’t believe however that Harry Potter was created by “TPTB”.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I am anything but a “gun toting ape with a bad attitude”

lmao

ok you have officialy just made me wet myself
from laughing so freakin hard.

U R getting the dry cleaning bill !!!
and Jakius Fogg is correct in my humble
non-professional opinion

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Do you have anything constructive to contribute or are you incapable of that on any thread not about George Soros?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

most people on ATS have come to the conclusion that the official story regarding 9/11
is complete Bull$hit..... and now we've moved on to other subjects.

man... if the truth is ever exposed you are going to be in for a rude awakening.

But... I'm very thankful that people like you exist at the moment. If we didn't have
people like you the world would be in complete chaos.

9/11 is obviously the biggest Fear-Tactic ever created.... that day the world stopped
and trembled with fear... and you still think this is the work of 19 muslims?

regardless of what you think about 9/11... Look at how your government took full advantage
of the situation.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Did you read the thread, or my pervious threads on 9/11 I am quite open minded on the subject. so your entire last post is irrelevant to me, much like this thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you have anything constructive to contribute or are you incapable of that on any thread not about George Soros?

sticks and stones
love

why should I butt in, you're doing a wonderful job
being constructive with destruction right here.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Your first five sentences is enough to make me say, Go back and do more research!

God does not teach fear. Man who have twisted the words of GOD teach fear.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

Really, not a good posture for a man thinking of run for pres.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE

Your first five sentences is enough to make me say, Go back and do more research!

God does not teach fear. Man who have twisted the words of GOD teach fear.

As long as the Lords in my life I will have no fear
I will know no pain from the light to the dark
I will show no shame spit it right from the heart

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Did you read the thread, or my pervious threads on 9/11 I am quite open minded on the subject. so your entire last post is irrelevant to me, much like this thread.

I've seen thousands of threads on ATS that are irrelevant to me... I usually don't post in them.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
As long as the Lords in my life I will have no fear
I will know no pain from the light to the dark
I will show no shame spit it right from the heart

I find that hard to believe since page 2 you
claimed you smoked weed today.

In kevinunknown's defense I have smoked a little green today.
other than that... I am a very regular dude.

Is this the kind of things Christians do
where you come from ???

edit on 3/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: edit to add quote

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by JakiusFogg

This is not an alter ego, I am anything but a “gun toting ape with a bad attitude” i am rational, the OP is not rational and backs up some of my previous arguments that conspiracies are dangerous for those living with mental illness. If I point this out then advise the OP to go get some help then my conscious is clear.

I wouldn't confuse "denial" with rational.

One of the United States Governments favorite crimes to charge people with is a little thing called CONSPIRACY.

The first conspiracy to effect the world probably occured when the third person was introduced into it, to give the first two something to conspire against!

The fact that some people lack the intelligence and social skills to gain the trust of someone willing to conspire with them is what I am guessing leads people to imagine there are no conspiracies.

In fact someone running around the boards here looking to enlist people into a agenda that could basically be summed up as "There are no conspiracies" would be a conspiracy.

But I tell you what Kevin, when you can actually explain the UNKNOWN how the universe sprang into being, the meaning of life, what happens after death, etc. in any definitive way you be sure to let us all know, in the meantime people will keep doing what they have been doing for tens of thousands of years, trying to figure it out based on the limited information and evidence and then conspiring to ram their world view down everyone else's throat.

Evidently some people never gag.

Go figure.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well, that just shows you.

Crime, Sex, drugs, fame, simply does not pay. DMX is now experiencing the flip side of that life he has lived.

But hey, if he can return to a faith in G-d, and sincerely repent and try to do good, than thats all that matters.

In that sense, the "devil" does not exist. It is actually a zoroastrian (and this may be the deeper idea behind the magi attending christs birth) concept which separates good from evil, and attriubtes a different powers for each. The early christian theologians, like Marcion for instance (and taken up later by augustine) regarded the god of the old testament as the "evil" god, and the god of the new testament, as the "good" god.

This idea prefigured the later doctrine of G-d and the devil.

Now, this is all patently ridiculous. Never once is the devil mentioned in the Tanakh and for good reason. As G-d says through Isaiah "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

G-d, therefore IS the accuser, or the Satan. Satan, is simply one of G-ds many faces. In Kabbalistic thought, the archetype of evil is called Sam'El. El, means "power". Thus, Mika'El means "who is like G-d" or, Who is like unto this power? This is the angel, or emanation of G-ds Chesed (loving kindness). Gavri'El (Gabriel, meaning "strength of G-d" is the emanation of G-ds attribute of justice. Sam"El is pure and utter evil. Yet, the great mystery of this power is that its ultimate destiny is to produce good.

G-d is a good G-d. Theres a reason why Good in English possesses another "o" (that is, the emanation of God). Good, is what G-d IS.

The creator has a purpose for each of us. Those who follow his will and serve him (and the book of Job explores the possibilities of this relationship) by rejecting evil (that, following his conscience), and doing good are destined for whats called in Hebrew "OLaM HaBa", the world to come, or Heaven.

The reason why in this age the righteous suffer and the wicked prevail, is because of the overall spiritual disfunction of mankind as a whole. We are ALL literally one. We cannot escape this fact. When the majority do bad, than at any time some aspect of the collective man can be stricken, which is sometimes the righteous.

This mode can be called "Derekh Elohim". The way of Judgement, or Law and Order. In this mode, G-d appears to act randomly.

Conversely, when the majority of mankind is righteous, it is "Derekh YHVH" the name of compassion. Those who do good recieve their just reward, while those who do evil are immediately punished, whether by an earthly court (who honors and fears G-d) or by a calamity or sickness.. This being good because a punishment is best carried out immediately rather than allowing the person to further degenerate and worsen his situation, and his ultimate punishment.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Not trying to take away from your post.. But maybe after this 2012 business is over with, And December 21'st finally rolls around, and nothing happing's.. Maybe that is when we will start seeing the changes we seek..

I have my own theory i have developed over time.. maybe on December 21st 2012 the entire world will stop, Wars will stop..Violence will stop.. People won't disagree with one another.. And we will all just stand together and wait too die..

And when nothing happing's.. Maybe we will wake up and realize we gave peace a chance..and it worked..

Fear maybe the the only truth YOU see.. But Change is the only truth I see.. And we are in desperate need of it, More now then ever before..

I see I have been misunderstood...

I am not a 2012 believer. (but nor have I dismissed anything about the
12-21-12 date either... I'm still open minded on that subject)

I was just saying our fears could cause an explosion the size of that
Yellowstone eruption in the movie 2012.
I think most of what the OP was saying was paranoia like the rest of this site. BUT I think fear has created some of our wars and crimes and unintended consequences. Some fears are subconscious I bet and only reveal themselves after the fact. So after I read the OP's post I just walked way with the general notion that fear could indeed cause changes in reality. That doesn't mean that if I have a fear of spiders that they will appear like in the movie sphere. But it might mean that i'll avoid the dusty room in the attic because i'm afraid of spiders and then because I avoid it they proliferate in there and before long they start expanding their domain to the rest of the home so in that sense my fear did create them. If enough crazy people believe that 2012 is the end of the world then I think that would have an impact on things. I think that it could affect the economy and I think that it could easily ruin lives. I don't tink that this will cause the end of the world, but it could chagne hte world in negative ways for sure. Why not?
edit on 27-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This thread is clearly BS to anyone with half a brain it’s got nothing to do with me claiming there are not conspiracies, something that I do not believe. I do believe in some conspiracies I just have more moderate views that many of you.

You cannot possibly say that the OP is rational.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This thread is clearly BS to anyone with half a brain it’s got nothing to do with me claiming there are not conspiracies, something that I do not believe. I do believe in some conspiracies I just have more moderate views that many of you.

He may not be rationale, but who is? I've seen studies that conclude our mind cannot be rationale. Science is only rationale because it's obsessive about being rationale. But anyway, after read through the thread I do not think the OP is a freak one step away from gunning people down in a mall. I think he's just exploring some ideas and seeing where they go. Perhaps you've grown out of that, but if so, I feel sorry for you. Can you see how fear might create things in the world? Could fear create terrorists? Could fear create global warming? I don't know, but I at least am going to explore the idea rather than discarding it.

For that mattter, I do not think fear itself could create things like in the movie Sphere. But as I said in my previous post, I think fear could incite things in the world to move in a particular way and that this could change reality in potentially dramatic ways.
edit on 27-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

IMO, the OP title

****Breaking News**** I've discovered THE TRUTH!!!,

should have read

****Breaking News**** I've discovered THE BEST BUD!!!,

then everything posted afterward would have made
a heck of a lot more sense.

and we wouldn't be having this conversation

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The truth is subjective but ultimately, there must be universal objective truths such as Buddhism approaches .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join