It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG NEWS I've discovered THE TRUTH!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Get a grip people!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I really need to take a class in comparative religion My orthodox religion teaches faith in God not fear. Maybe that's why Greek people are so happy and generous. We believe no matter what God loves us.

Say what you will about David wilcock but his message of a positive outcome resonates with me. Another Greek dude George kavasilas also preaches positivity. The signs are all around if you look.

2 free energy machines are coming to market this year. The fed is being audited and people are facing and beating down fear all over the planet

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It all comes down to truths. People who think that there's reason for everything, that there are universal rules. Some people can't handle the challenge of living without them, God being the most common. You close your mind and live a happy life.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Ummm.... It's actually a "quote" from Frank Herberts book "Dune".
Just sayin.......

YouSir

Yes, fear does stop most people from doing lots of things which in many ways could change their lives for the better, but that also includes ADDING lots of bad things to the world.

Have you not thought about what would happen if for example more people didn't fear the law?... We would have more crimes, more murders, etc, etc. I am not saying everyone would do it.

So meanwhile it would do some good to some people not having fear, it will do entire societies a disservice because then noone would fear the consequences of killing another person for his/her possessions...for his/her girlfriend/boyfriend, etc, etc.

So we are stucked in a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" type of situation. Meanwhile it would help a lot of people to have no fear, it would also cause more crimes because a large part of society around the world do not commit more crimes out of FEAR...

Now, in no way would getting rid of fear would stop disasters, sorry but it doesn't work that way...

Are there millions of souls living in Jupiter and their fear has caused all the meteor/asteroids bombardments that planet has had?... What about Climate Change? It has been happening in ALL planets, and even moons with an atmosphere in the Solar System... Are all these planets and moons full with millions of fearful lifeforms?

edit on 28-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not so long ago, before they turned on the lights, we lived in a world where there were many reasons to be afraid, where fear was an important emotion that kept us alive. Life was cheap, and death was always nearby.

In our cozy artificial world created by technology, we don't stare death in the eye on a regular basis. We don't chop off the heads of the chickens that we raised from hatchlings, in order to put meat on the table.

So we find things to be afraid of, watch horror movies, pay attention to the news, worry about 2012.

Relax, the reason we are here, is for the amusement of God. All is well.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Fear is just one tool. Control of knowledge, and the creation of the current economic systems are further tools. Just look at the story of Adam and Eve. God forbade eating from the Tree of Knowledge (that good/evil part being added much later)...i.e., the church said all knowledge is to be disseminated from the church to the masses.

On economies, the rich get richer, the poor remain poor. Some of the most wealthy live lives that are so extravagant the excesses are simply abhorrent.

Of course, it makes sense. Those in power want to stay in power, so of course they must design tools to stay that way. Unlike the poor, they have the resources to manifest those plans and use those tools. If any poor do rise in rank, and join them, they usually adopt the same mindset...until they too no longer have the same view of reality.

My wife's aunt is a great example. She was once a secretary to a businessman, and used to trying to make her rent, etc. She eventually married said businessman (when young), and is now a billionaire along with her hubby. She has no idea anymore, of how people actually live, or why they can't simply go out and get whatever they need like she can. She honestly can't fathom it. Of course, she also thinks everyone is out for her money. I guess I can see that kind of paranoia, but still.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

People have their own beliefs their own reality but then someone comes over and tells them they are wrong. This is exactly what happened with religion. Its causes wars, pain and fear.
reply to post by megatracker

Do you know that people in science has been wrong with certain mathematical facts for the last 90 years and didn't know it?

When someone realized this fundamental error and pointed out, the people in field started to prosecute the person instead of correcting the error. That's the human nature.

The OP was correct, scientists corrupted the truth. Even after the truth was found and proved, they will not correct it.

There is nothing more clear truth than the mathematical truth. It is the God's truth.

Yet, the damned human nature can not admit the error and correct it.

Natural disaster is a catalysis to give humans a chance to realize the error and correct it.

It is like a sudden jolt of electricity which triggers the false authority and power to lose their grip and there comes the magnificient change of revolution in human society.

2012 will be the moment of a grandios change in human society.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I give you and A+ everything is backwards now if people will just realize this we might more forward soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988

If you are here simply "to bring sanity" (also read as "passing judgement upon individuals character") you need to step off of the high horse.

Let me dissect your post with some rational, because speaking in Zen-like pseudo-koans doesn't make you sound intelligent, or enlightened for that matter. Check this out...

Sane: proceeding from a sound mind : rational
Rational: having reason or understanding

So, "to bring sanity" has absolutely nothing to do with passing judgement on anyone. How about, "to bring reason and understand". Is that easier for you to interpret?

You are flesh and bone, you are no better than ANY other person on this earth. just like me and everyone else, but id just bet you think your self an authority on sanity. OF COURSE YOU DO!Your ideas are, quite simply, YOUR ideas so of course they are the ones that are "sane", no? Indeed this is how the brain works.

(Emphasis added) See what's in bold; is that you passing judgement that I see?

You are misusing the word "sane" again.

You see, sanity is a word. Words are used to express thoughts. Thoughts are influenced by perception. Which is influenced by the inputs (information) that is relevant to you. So your idea of what sane is, is biased. Just because someone else has perceived something different than you does not make them mentally ill.

You started off strong here . . . but I think you are missing something. Let's go back to the (correct) definition of sanity and also the OP. There is absolutely no rationale there. He begins by talking about the Devil and fearing God, uses a piece of science-fiction as his proof, backs up his argument with a quote from David Icke (lol), and finishes off the OP by saying fear of the world ending will cause the world to end.

Are you kidding me? You think this is rational thought?

So indeed you may be correct, but so may be the OP for the simple fact that we know nothing. Only time will tell and everyone will stick to their opinions.

Folks like you are, I believe, called "enablers".

Especially so if they are formed from research, sanity, ignorance, and even too much arrogance.

The OP has absolutely no research to back it up, the stream of thought is in no way rational, and is most definitely filled with ignorance. Thankfully, he is not arrogant.

We all can have different ideas of what the truth (at this point ANY opinion of what the truth is, is a belief) is without calling each other hurtful names.

You are correct, folks can have their own idea of what the truth is - but they also might be crazy as #. Without following any logic or science, or even metaphysical proof for that matter, why would you support this and call it sane or rational? The OP is the kind of post you get when you intertwine religious zealotry with extreme conspiracy theories.

Shame on you for perpetuating this kind of stuff, conspiracy theorists already have a bad reputation for being nuts.
edit on 3/28/2011 by Konah because: grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Folks!!! The book was originally written in 1987...READ THE BOOK. THE MOVIE SUCKS. Seriously, folks, don't be spoon fed your ideas in Technicolor. And furthermore, I am pretty open minded, but seriously??? Why is this on main with everything else going on in the world.

OP- no hate here, bro. Just saying, IMHO its REEEAAALLY stretching it. But you took the time to post, so kudos for the effort. =D

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You cannot reach higher states of consciousness as long as you are worried and fearful
- Dr. Nick Begich

The Litany Against Fear was an incantation spoken by many highly educated people who faced danger or fear during their everyday lives. The incantation helped focus their minds in times of peril.

The Litany Against Fear

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-- Bene Gesserit

"I have no fear, for fear is the little death that kills me over and over. Without fear, I die but once."
--The Great Revolt

Don't ever let anyone make you afraid.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I really want to pass the test and get off this planet so how do we conquer our fears? Is there a method we can all try that will work for those of us who want to move on?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konah

If you are here simply "to bring sanity" (also read as "passing judgement upon individuals character") you need to step off of the high horse.

Let me dissect your post with some rational, because speaking in Zen-like pseudo-koans doesn't make you sound intelligent, or enlightened for that matter. Check this out...

Sane: proceeding from a sound mind : rational
Rational: having reason or understanding

So, "to bring sanity" has absolutely nothing to do with passing judgement on anyone. How about, "to bring reason and understand". Is that easier for you to interpret?

You are flesh and bone, you are no better than ANY other person on this earth. just like me and everyone else, but id just bet you think your self an authority on sanity. OF COURSE YOU DO!Your ideas are, quite simply, YOUR ideas so of course they are the ones that are "sane", no? Indeed this is how the brain works.

(Emphasis added) See what's in bold; is that you passing judgement that I see?

You are misusing the word "sane" again.

You see, sanity is a word. Words are used to express thoughts. Thoughts are influenced by perception. Which is influenced by the inputs (information) that is relevant to you. So your idea of what sane is, is biased. Just because someone else has perceived something different than you does not make them mentally ill.

You started off strong here . . . but I think you are missing something. Let's go back to the (correct) definition of sanity and also the OP. There is absolutely no rationale there. He begins by talking about the Devil and fearing God, uses a piece of science-fiction as his proof, backs up his argument with a quote from David Icke (lol), and finishes off the OP by saying fear of the world ending will cause the world to end.

Are you kidding me? You think this is rational thought?

So indeed you may be correct, but so may be the OP for the simple fact that we know nothing. Only time will tell and everyone will stick to their opinions.

Folks like you are, I believe, called "enablers".

Especially so if they are formed from research, sanity, ignorance, and even too much arrogance.

The OP has absolutely no research to back it up, the stream of thought is in no way rational, and is most definitely filled with ignorance. Thankfully, he is not arrogant.

We all can have different ideas of what the truth (at this point ANY opinion of what the truth is, is a belief) is without calling each other hurtful names.

You are correct, folks can have their own idea of what the truth is - but they also might be crazy as #. Without following any logic or science, or even metaphysical proof for that matter, why would you support this and call it sane or rational? The OP is the kind of post you get when you intertwine religious zealotry with extreme conspiracy theories.

Shame on you for perpetuating this kind of stuff, conspiracy theorists already have a bad reputation for being nuts.
edit on 3/28/2011 by Konah because: grammar

Never did i call it sane and rational. Your credit is harmed by false statements like these. I simply stated that what we deem "sane" is potentially not correct, or actually that we are abusing its use. Friend, you take a lot out of context. I was not saying that sane means passing judgement. I was clarifying that this is what the person i was responding too was doing. He was attacking the OP for his thoughts in a mentally harmful way. Yes i threw in a bit of judgement in that post, but alas i am human, and i er. The judgement was used more to prove that of course a persons thinks of themselves more sane than the others, because the thoughts are what makes us tick.

My point was simply that people who disagree with mainstream knowledge and follow the flow of progressive thinking rather than reactive, are deemed "insane" in this society. There really is no need for this, as we know nothing, nor do we understand everything. Unless you have any absolute truths (outside of the obvious moon revolves around the earth, earth around the sun, ect) to inform me of, then my point still stands.

Oh and im not sure whether to be offended by your post or not. Zen like Pseudo koans? not sure what your getting at there, but i speak as i speak and i will not change because you have defined it.

Oh and btw: those definitions mean little. They are once again words, with a litteral meaning and cognitive. Of a sound mind? That is very subjective. To have reasoning? That is also subjective.
edit on 28-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
great post OP i have been saying this since I was a kid and knew not why. Whats really crazy is how deep down the rabbit hole this fear control goes. It plays a part in every way you perceive things to be true or not. It even limits what you can and cant do. It somehow limits your perception of reality to and stops things from manifesting.

not to get in a religous debate but over and over in the bible its stated that when tempted with evil/fear trust that you are of GOD and cant be tempted and you wont be. For you are of GOD and GOD cant be tempted. or something to the same effect

I could go on and on about so many important literary works that state this same principal. Heck almost every autobiography has an underlying theme of this. How they met success cause they werent afraid to succeed.

edit: Reminds me of when Neo and Morpheous were on the building going to jump across. Morpheous said you must dismiss all DISbelief and just believe. Remove all fear and doubt (something close to that adlibbing). And again I can show you in the bible where Jesus says the same things. Off topic (the New Testament is full of some crazy wickedly profound wisdom, dont get caught in official story).
edit on 28-3-2011 by jonathannas0187 because: forgot a thought

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hey;
I really like your thread. I feel sorry that certain trolls (who will remain unnamed but can be spotted easily.) have hijacked it. Just ignore them bro.
I have to agree with you, we definitely manifest our fears. But it's a little bit deeper than that. We actually manifest our beliefs. So your concern about the majority of humanity believing in the end of the world IS a valid concern.
Our beliefs can be based on fear, but not exclusively, it depends on the belief. When dealing with two people's beliefs, and conflicting beliefs, it will be the stronger belief that prevails. When dealing with mass amounts of people and their beliefs, and conflicting beliefs, the majority rules.

Here is an excerpt from an article I wrote that gives an example......

"Take the example of a woman who repeatedly returns to abusive relationships. This woman’s belief system is that she needs to be controlled, often that she deserves the abuse to keep her in line and that she cannot live properly without him and his control. With these beliefs and expectations, what kind of man would she intend for herself? What kind of reality does she attract her way? Now look at the abusive man, what are his reality, beliefs and expectations? That he has to be in control? That men are stronger than women? That the world owes him and that violence is a great way to get your point across? With these beliefs and expectations, what kind of woman would he intend for himself? What kind of reality does he attract? Take, for another example, a similar scenario, but on a global scale. What if the majority of human beings had no self esteem, no confidence. They felt themselves to be weak, incapable of surviving without being controlled. They believe most people need to be policed and that most people are generally bad. They believe the world is a bad place with too much violence and horrors. With these beliefs and expectations, what kind of rulers would humanity intend for itself? And the rulers, what are their expectations and beliefs? That they need to be in control, that the world owes them. That the majority of people have no self control and need to be controlled. They believe that violence is a great way to get a point across, and that humanity could not possibly survive without them. Many physicists have come to learn and understand that every human being, whether aware of it or not, has a part in the creation and manipulation of our reality based on what they truly believe and expect."
Problem is, the fact that we manifest our beliefs is being used against us!

If you're interested, you can read the article here...
openeyes.x10.mx...
a link on the left states "TRUTH", the article is there.

We definitely have to be aware of our fears (Be mindful of our thoughts?) and try not to dwell on them, for what we dwell on we will attract. The powers that be, the evil consciousness, they DO know this; and they use it against us. Fear is pressed into every aspect of our lives, trying to keep us in fear.
Fear literally lowers the frequency of vibrations of our atoms, lowering our awareness. The air vibrates fast, and is light and invisible; a rock vibrates slow and is dense and heavy... our vibration lies somewhere in between.
I do not believe that God (for lack of a better term) wants us to fear. God is love, every atom in our bodies IS Gods loving, conscious energy. Therefore, feeling Love instead of Fear brings us closer to the absolute truth. Fear is slavery.
However, each individual human being has their own truth, and since our beliefs are manifested, the true matter of things is that EVERYBODY'S beliefs are manifesting as true to each individual. But since life is a holographic illusion, experienced subjectively by each individual...and since we can NEVER experience life as it is through the eyes of another, it's hard for us to be able to pinpoint this fact. A small example, I see the color RED as the color RED, as do you. Imagine if I could, for a moment, see things through your eyes. Perhaps your RED would look like my BLUE. But since we have both experienced RED through our own eyes since birth, we would both be correct. Unfortunately, we can never do this, and so we can never experience life through each others eyes...but the possibility exists that things will be very different through each others eyes, perhaps even physically different.
Thank you very much for your thread, I very much appreciate your concepts.
Peace and One Love!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Never did i call it sane and rational. Your credit is harmed by false statements like these. I simply stated that what we deem "sane" is potentially not correct, or actually that we are abusing its use. Friend, you take a lot out of context. I was not saying that sane meanspassing judgement. I was clarifying that this is what the person i was responding too was doing.

"to bring sanity" (also read as "passing judgement upon individuals character")

He was attacking the OP for his thoughts in a mentally harmful way.

Mentally harmful? He called the guy crazy because the OP was irrational. Now, if that actually harmed him mentally he really shouldn't be on the Internet, or he should more thoroughly examine his theories.

Society has become way too concerned with hurting a person's feelings. If you don't want someone to call you crazy, provide sound logic and proof (read: Don't just make things up).

My point was simply that people who disagree with mainstream knowledge and follow the flow of progressive thinking rather than reactive, are deemed "insane" in this society.

Insane is a bit of an embellishment, don't you think? Besides that, this is hardly progressive thinking. It would be more accurately be labeled fiction.

There really is no need for this, as we know nothing, nor do we understand everything. Unless you have any absolute truths (outside of the obvious moon revolves around the earth, earth around the sun, ect) to inform me of, then my point still stands.

If we know nothing how can there be any absolute truths that we know of(including the "obvious" Moon revolves around the Earth, Earth around the Sun, etc)? You yourself are contradictory.

Oh and im not sure whether to be offended by your post or not. Zen like Pseudo koans? not sure what your getting at there, but i speak as i speak and i will not change because you have defined it.

By "Zen-like pseudo-koan" I was referring to your paradoxical, and sometimes illogical, style of speaking.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Once we have overcomed fear and everyone in the 'sphere' loves each other and were all singing kumbaya
Are we going to assimilate all the animals also, so they dont eat each other and they dont have fear?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Good to know that we will never agree on this, Truth be told, you were never invited to what i said to someone else, but ah the beauty of the public forum. At any rate, you saw his idealoigy is illogical, i see it as unbacked by hard evidence but potentially true, due to we dont know what we think we know. Tell me, do you know how many things were once thought to be known to a fact (due to "logical" thinking), and proven otherwise. I thought mankind would have learned by now..
edit on 28-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

man i like that post and I just wanted to add my one thought to add to it.

about the vibrations: the difference between life and death is just that. I believe science can prove that to be true.

My thoughts on this are that our current accepted view on life and death is finite but the truth is there is no life or death like we generally accept it to be. For energy can neither be created or destroyed only changed.

so the rock is like death and water is like life so to speak. the rock is vibrating at such low rate it appears to not ever move where as the water is in constant motion but contained. In the spectrum of this said life/death we humans are more like air and water(fire being the most vibration and rock being the least), always in motion sometimes fast and some times slow. the more time we spend fast the more changes that take place, the more time we spend slow the less changes take place. We have potential to be like fire though most are comfortable being like air. But all vibrations are necessary so that each can exist.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Konah

Good to know that we will never agree on this, Truth be told, you were never invited to what i said to someone else, but ah the beauty of the public forum. At any rate, you saw his idealoigy is illogical, i see it as unbacked by hard evidence but potentially true, due to we dont know what we think we know.

First off, if you didn't want anyone to see what you read to Kevin you should have sent a U2U versus posting it in this thread. Second off: Un-backed by hard evidence? I have yet to see any evidence to support this besides a sci-fi flick and a quote from a man who believes in reptile-people that are here to destroy us.

Tell me, do you know how many things were once thought to be known to a fact (due to "logical" thinking), and proven otherwise.

I think you are confusing scientific theories with the ability to reason. For example, according to the OP, back on December 31st, 1999, something horrible should have happened, no? Millions of people were afraid about what could happen due to the Y2K scare, but their fear brought about... absolutely nothing, other than heightened sales for the doomsayers and a heightened heart-rate during the mid-night countdown. Or, how about this latest "Super Moon"? Fear all over the place of it causing natural disasters and what not... but, within days of it's closest point to Earth, despite all that fear, nothing happened.

According to the OP, if we have fear it will manifest because we live in this sphere. Well, there was plenty of fear during these occasions and nothing manifested, therefor his theory is incorrect.

It's one thing to say fear causes people to act a certain way and have a certain mindset. It's another thing completely to say that your fears will manifest, and "thankfully there are still God-fearing people" so that God may manifest, all because we live in some "sphere" hinted at in a 90s sci-fi movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join