It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports Illustrated and Kindle. Impending alien invasion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this thread is two fold. First.. I saw this ad for a Kindle on the back of my latest edition of Sports Illustrated (march 28, 2011). I know I will probably be hounded for not providing a link or a picture of this ad. I have dutifully searched the almighty internet and have been unable to locate the ad. I have also tried taking a picture of it but am not savvy enough to get it legible enough for everyone to read.

The ad is a picture of a hand holding a Kindle and on the Kindle is this excerpt from the book "Unbroken"

In the predawn darkness of August 26, 1929, in the back bedroom of a small house in Torrance, California, a twelve-year-old boy sat up in bed, listening. There was a sound coming from outside, growing ever louder. It was a huge, heavy rush, suggesting immensity, a great parting of air. It was coming from directly above the house. The boy swung his legs off his bed, raced down the stairs, slapped open the back door, and loped onto the grass. The yard was otherworldly, smothered in unnatural darkness, shivering with sound. The boy stood on the lawn beside his older brother, head thrown back, spellbound.

what would you be thinking at this point?

The sky had disappeared. An object that he could see only in silhouette, reaching across a massive arc of space, was suspended low in the air over the house. It was longer than two and a half football fields and as tall as a city. It was putting out the stars

Yes, I was thinking huge UFO of course.
Interestingly enough the text stops at this point in the ad. Here is the next paragraph in the book which you don't see

What he saw was the German dirigible Graf Zeppelin. At nearly 800 feet long and 110 feet high, it was the largest flying machine ever crafted. More luxurious than the finest airplane, gliding effortlessly over huge distances, built on a scale that left spectators gasping, it was, in the summer of '29, the wonder of the world

Yes just a blimp of courselink

In of itself this probably means nothing, but I found it odd that of all the books in the world they chose to use this particular text.
Could be some anti-conspiracy nut who thought it would be funny or a publisher getting a kick-back and some page space to promote book(although the title of the book is not in the ad)
I'm sure there are numerous "logical" explanations, which brings me to the second fold.

I also found this ad interesting because of the fact that I even noticed it in the first place. A little over a year ago, before I found ATS, I would not have paid any attention to this ad much less read the text.
So kudos to ATS and all its members for helping me become more aware. I may never discover the "truth" in my lifetime, but I am certain of one thing.
Because of these forums if the "truth" were ever to be revealed to me, it will not be jumping up and biting me on the a$$, for I have eyes back there now. Thoughts, opinions, sarcastic comments? Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The excerpt is from the first page of the first chapter so its not like they had to go looking for for it on the kindle, but yes it seems strange.
very well could be a fnord...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Very true. There are also millions of first pages of millions of first chapters of millions of books.
Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well my first thread went better than id hoped!
Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
its them E.T's talking in code again,they do it with imagery aswell as words.

top topics

join