It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Soldier who Gets It!!!!!!!! There is Hope!!!!!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Bout damn time! I hope the military folks wake up soon to the fact that their jobs are being out-sourced to private contractors that only use "honor" as a control mechanism at an alarming rate.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
Who here thinks that if he is still in he might suffer consequence for his speech?

I don't think he is a big enough threat. Someone who can move millions or billions with there fame would be considered a threat, someone who could persuade nations would be a threat. Again some people are set up to look like kooks when they expose the truth because the media spins the lie and the sheep eat it up. so anyone dare appose looks like a nut job.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSkullOfDeath

Who here thinks that if he is still in he might suffer consequence for his speech?

I don't think he is a big enough threat. Someone who can move millions or billions with there fame would be considered a threat, someone who could persuade nations would be a threat. Again some people are set up to look like kooks when they expose the truth because the media spins the lie and the sheep eat it up. so anyone dare appose looks like a nut job.

Your absolutely right. The whole reason why most alternative news sources aren't really attacked i suppose. They are looked at as a small fringe segment and no real threat.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSkullOfDeath

Your absolutely right. The whole reason why most alternative news sources aren't really attacked i suppose. They are looked at as a small fringe segment and no real threat.

Thank you, Just look at Trump accusing Obama about not showing his birth certificate, now media outlets are calling Trump the mayor of crazy town.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wrong; I'm not trying to steal anything. Thus far you have insinuated that I am a murderer and a thief because of my occupation. You should change your name to true bigot.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Let me ask...how does your being in Afghan constitute you fighting for your family? Is your paycheck really worth the risk? You must be getting paid different from every other servicemember I know! Every other servicemember I know call their pay check peanuts. I know mine wasn't worth risking life and limb!

Your lingo doesn't bring to my mind military, it brings to mine....Blackwater?

Let me connect the dots for you. My job is to be a soldier, I get sent places. I get paid. I support my family with that paycheck. And yes it is very much worth the risk. It pays tuition for my oldest children, its allowed me to pay off my house, and we have health care. It beats the @#$$ out of barely getting by, wondering how you are going to pay medical bills, and living on Ramen noodles. Tried that for about 10 years after the first Gulf War.

Your lingo doesn't bring to my mind military, it brings to mine....Blackwater?

What type of military have you met? It sounds to me like you know a bunch of privates or guys whose jobs don't qualify for the big reenlistment bonuses. I make around $5200 a month stateside and around $5800 a month deployed. Blackwater was paying about $100,000 a year, but there is no guarantee how long they'll be around. Not worth giving up job security or retirement.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I am content with the amount of compensation I receive for the tasks I perform;I don't care about a hypothetical game. As far as Afghanistan goes, I fought alongside some of the ones we armed, and I fought against some of the ones we armed. Its all in a days work. Won't be much longer until I retire to farming.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Gee, based on your advice I should walk away from my job, give up healthcare and retirement, and look for some type of other work in a recession. I'm laughing at you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Let me connect the dots for you. My job is to be a soldier, I get sent places. I get paid. I support my family with that paycheck. And yes it is very much worth the risk. It pays tuition for my oldest children, its allowed me to pay off my house, and we have health care. It beats the @#$$ out of barely getting by, wondering how you are going to pay medical bills, and living on Ramen noodles. Tried that for about 10 years after the first Gulf War.

What type of military have you met? It sounds to me like you know a bunch of privates or guys whose jobs don't qualify for the big reenlistment bonuses. I make around $5200 a month stateside and around $5800 a month deployed. Blackwater was paying about $100,000 a year, but there is no guarantee how long they'll be around. Not worth giving up job security or retirement.

So you are one those who have desensitized himself to the violence in the name of "I have a mission and I will complete that mission".

I also sense a bit of f### living off ramen noodles, I am glad to be back in and able to make a decent living.

Oh no, most all my friends qualify for the bonuses.

I see where you're coming from, but I reinterate that people who are in the same place as you, are the people that will fire on U.S. citizens in the name of getting their check and having job security.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nope, I actually enjoy the violence. Otherwise I would have changed my job a long time ago; but I have never used any form of violence or force against anyone that was not attacking me. So yes if I were attacked by civilians I would defend myself. If ordered to kill unarmed civilians I would not; there is no honor in killing an unarmed opponet.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Nope, I actually enjoy the violence. Otherwise I would have changed my job a long time ago; but I have never used any form of violence or force against anyone that was not attacking me. So yes if I were attacked by civilians I would defend myself. If ordered to kill unarmed civilians I would not; there is no honor in killing an unarmed opponet.

an eye for an eye. how childish.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am a Gulf War Vet, and have served in 2 branches of the military. The UCMJ says that you do not have to follow an illegal order, in fact says you are BOUND not to. I have been out for several years now, and don't have a copy of the UCMJ anymore, so it probably isn't the exact language used, but you get the point. When I got out of the military, I was never released from my swearing in oath (think about that a moment). I still feel bound to protect my country from all enemies FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. I love my country, but dislike the corporate owned government we have. When the government fears the people, there is freedom, but when the people fear the government there is tyranny. What we have now is tyranny. Many people do not realize how badly the Patriot Act gutted parts of the Constitution and Bill of rights. The government will have to deal with LARGE numbers of veterans from these 2 1/2 wars (I consider Libya a 1/2 war since we (as far as we're being told anyway) don't have combat troops on the ground. CAP/no fly zone enforcement, and destruction of his heavy weaponry and missile/aircraft defense is very close though).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spitandsnot

Guess you'd disarm them with a hug? Like to see that.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

For all of you lame a$$es out there that keep bashing our soldiers...remember for every bad soldier..there are thousands like this soldier, good, moral, and honorable. I stand up and applaud this fellow

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

What would you know about humanity? Have you actual travelled anywhere except the US? Cowards talk, men do. Epiphany? War has always been about profits.

Doubtless you were also a big supporter of Jesse Mcbeth; how long til this guy is uncovered as a fake? Or maybe he already has.

Of course you don't believe me; because you prefer to believe that you are superior in intellect and morality. Can't help but wonder what type of dead end job you are trapped in; or do you work at all?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

this concerns me a great deal that a soldier 'enjoys the violence'

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What is a "military donation"? He said Ron Paul has the most military donations, but I would like to impeach whoever is donating on behalf of the military. That is taxpayer money and should NOT be ever used as a campaign donation. I think that part was made up.

That said, I support Ron Paul.

Why are we assuming this is a military man?
edit on 30-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by SunnyDee

What would you know about humanity? Have you actual travelled anywhere except the US? Cowards talk, men do. Epiphany? War has always been about profits.

Doubtless you were also a big supporter of Jesse Mcbeth; how long til this guy is uncovered as a fake? Or maybe he already has.

Of course you don't believe me; because you prefer to believe that you are superior in intellect and morality. Can't help but wonder what type of dead end job you are trapped in; or do you work at all?

War has not always been about profit. At times its a matter of survival. Do you suggest the Allies trying to stop the Third Reich were in it for profit? Im sure the weapons manufacturers were, but i know my grandpa fought for our freedom and the right to live as we choose, not under the yoke of totalitarianism. The Kurds have been a popular target of genocide. The Amenians? The Jews during World War 2? These ethnic groups have all within the last 100 years faced existantial threats.

edit on 30-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This video speaks the truth. This message needs to be shared, posted everywhere, facebook, twitter, you name it, it needs to be out there. The American people have been blind for too long. There's a worldwide change going on and if we don't act now, America will be left behind. We're supposed to be a great nation, but if we keep feeding the wealthy, if we keep people from getting the health care they deserve, we're going to be left behind. Wake up, open your eyes. There is no honor in killing your neighbor.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

what happened to this country how about we bring everyone home we no longer go anywhere for profit how about we live with what we have we protect our farms we grow within our own boarders we invent we make due with what we have I think our military would be alot happier protecting us and ours we must stop big profit idiots from making the decisions that effect us all money does not make smarts in my opinion the more money someone has the dumber less caring for others they are this is getting so out of hand that if somthing is not done soon there will be nothing left to anything with

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join