It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Soldier who Gets It!!!!!!!! There is Hope!!!!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
Let me correct your thinking; I do not fight for you, I fight for my family and my paycheck. Everything else is incidental.

Yeah, and your family may just one day be the "incidental" casualties of a robbery attempt for the guy that is "fighting for his family and his paycheck" without giving a crap about your wife and kids when he pulls the trigger. What goes around comes around. The only difference is your murders have government sanction. Mentality is the same.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

As soon as i watched this i did post it on my facebook. The only reason why we are continuously at war since ww2 is so they can keep taxing us ridiculous amounts. Seriously....we have troops in Japan since we bombed it, Germany, Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, now Libia....and god knows where else....we have troops every where still, they want them to not be here for when we are attacked!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
How utterly sad is it that this clown wearing his ebay bought floppy hat is the number one member pick on ATS. Has ATS become a Anti American Site? or an Anti servicemen site? In all of our Armed forces If your given an immoral order. Your are ALLOWED to refuse the order. This probably just some liberals son dressed up to play paint ball. For Propaganda purposes. Lets find out if he's really a soldier or ever was shall we?? Or doesn't anybody care that he's a fake?? It's good America Bashing Material Whats his full name or his face book address?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
All the people denouncing soldiers need to get a grip. It's very easy to say things about them sat behind your screen, but where would you be without people like them to go and actually get their hands dirty? Yes, many of the soldiers out there are pure scum, but a lot aren't, a lot of them are either misguided or had a different opinion of what they're actually fighting for. Don't blame the puppets, blame the puppet master.

Things are not so black and white, just because you're behind a screen on a forum doesn't mean you can actually even imagine what it's like to be at out there on the front line.
I however do not condone the Iraq/Afghan war, it has done more bad than good, simply ask the locals and they will tell you how it was a lot easier when the Taliban were left alone.

If you want to invade somewhere to get something, artificially making them your enemy is very effective but nonetheless evil, but that doesn't mean you attack the troops for doing a job, a job that most on here would be too petrified to do. And yes, you'll all probably claim it's not fear but common sense etc, but not everyone is as "enlightened" as many snobbish posters on here.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
How utterly sad is it that this clown wearing his ebay bought floppy hat is the number one member pick on ATS. Has ATS become a Anti American Site? or an Anti servicemen site? In all of our Armed forces If your given an immoral order. Your are ALLOWED to refuse the order. This probably just some liberals son dressed up to play paint ball. For Propaganda purposes. Lets find out if he's really a soldier or ever was shall we?? Or doesn't anybody care that he's a fake?? It's good America Bashing Material Whats his full name or his face book address?

What's anti-American by saying we are wrong for invading those countries! Answer me that, WHAT IS ANTI-AMERICAN about admitting when you do something wrong! See it's people with your mentality who allow evil to exist in this world! They attempt to make "right" anything that they do, when that isn't the case.

Of course you can refuse to comply with a immoral order, at the risk of being put down in a combat situation. But before it even comes down to that, how would you be viewed by your teammates if you refuse a order that everyone else has been commiting.

Do you even know what the word "liberal" mean? Post the definition if you would please...

Why should we care if he's really a soldier? I'm really a vet and I agree with what he's saying for the most part, so his mission is accomplished. It's people of your mentality who wish to deflect from real issues to address petty issues. If he isn't a real soldier he must have talked to some real soldiers.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I don't think I see anyone denouncing the actual soldiers, of course we denounce the source of those orders. Now there are some psychopath soldiers who get over-zealous, but still...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

reply to post by SunnyDee

Let me correct your thinking; I do not fight for you, I fight for my family and my paycheck. Everything else is incidental.

Let me ask...how does your being in Afghan constitute you fighting for your family? Is your paycheck really worth the risk? You must be getting paid different from every other servicemember I know! Every other servicemember I know call their pay check peanuts. I know mine wasn't worth risking life and limb!

Your lingo doesn't bring to my mind military, it brings to mine....Blackwater?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The sad part my brother is we as a people don't learn. I felt the same way you do now 39 years ago in the Nam. You are speaking truth when you say the ones that benefit are the profiteers. Everyone else gets the shaft. Thank you for your courage and speaking out, it shows me you are a man of integrity and a professional who care's about humanity.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

reply to post by SunnyDee

I have seven college degrees and am completing a masters; but you are right the quality of troops has declined, hence girly man crying on you tube. And, I'll stack my IQ against yours any day. All of my employers civilian and military have loved me because I am a professional. I do the job I'm paid to do, like it or not; and I don't cry like a little girl when the going gets tough.

If he were brave, then he'd stand up for his beliefs by deserting and go to Canada. Instead he's crying n the internet about how unfair life is; there hasn't been a draft since Vietnam, so no one forced him to join. What did he expect to do as a soldier?

Well apparently all the education in the world does not buy the humanity it takes to understand this as a brave man speaking of his epiphany that war is about profit in this day and age.

You can spew whatever you like here, it will not diminish this great message. And I don't believe for one second that you possess any of the things you mention in your post, particularly the IQ.

He is not speaking of an epiphany. He didn't say "I've come to realize" or "I've finally seen the truth". He's just blabbing about his opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
reply to post by gncnew

Sorry you had to take a pay cut....I guess tho its good your working considering these hard times...As far as not buying in to it,there is nothing to buy in to its fact......So you get free housing,cheaper food 15,000 bonus,that's nothing compared to what the contractors get.

My ex son in law was in the army 4 yrs ago i know what they got and even with free housing and the bonuses it still was NOT enough!

Enough for whom? The market decides what a job is worth. Most of the kids who come into the military (especially enlisted) start out as kids who'd either flunk out of college or had no interest in going to school. They get great training that is usually transferable into the civilian sector. They get free college while in active duty (and once they get out).

The amount of money that is dumped into every soldier would gaul you. Humans are the MOST expensive piece of equipment in the military.

But here's the thing. When you sign up during peace time this seems like a great deal. Then suddenly you're thrust into war time and now it looks like you're getting the short end of the stick.

Private contractors make ridiculous salaries because they cannot be ordered into combat, but they also are out of a job when a war is over.

You are looking at this scenario in a bubble and not appreciating the whole picture.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
People commenting on his apparel, hell why would he wear the actual uniform off-duty. Especially if he's making a video that he knows will get him in trouble. Plenty of people wear faux military apparel because they like the look. I know I did when I was in.

No you didn't. That's a flat lie and we both know it. Actual military members either wear uniform or civilian cloths, they don't fake the funk.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

reply to post by AllIsOne

Why would I choose to work for a fraction of what I make now, walk away from retirement, and give up health benefits for my family?

Maybe because you are KILLING other people to attain that? :shk: Jesus.

We are fricken doomed. As long as there are people like you alive.

So good to see you again Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Glad you've been given that right to so quickly condemn your fellow man based upon a forum post. How very "enlightened" of you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I don't think I see anyone denouncing the actual soldiers, of course we denounce the source of those orders. Now there are some psychopath soldiers who get over-zealous, but still...

Hate the game, not the player right? But then you hate what the player believes and call into question their morality because they play the game you hate.

The two are symbiotic, you can't play word games with it like that.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
No you didn't. That's a flat lie and we both know it. Actual military members either wear uniform or civilian cloths, they don't fake the funk.

No, it was considered corny to wear your actual military uniform after duty hours. You would get ripped by buddies. However, it was acceptable to wear the faux gear which while I was in was in style for the street guys. In NY they were wearing boonie caps, boots and fatigues.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Hate the game, not the player right? But then you hate what the player believes and call into question their morality because they play the game you hate.

The two are symbiotic, you can't play word games with it like that.

There's a right and wrong way to play the game. True, you should hate the game and not the player, except when the player obviously endorses the game too much. Then that player becomes "game" and not a player.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am also glad that the majority is waking up and speaking up about it. What I like to contribute with my first post is that not only are we waking up and taking notice and voicing our concerns about how corrupt the United States Government is, but how some of Hollywood's Big Hitters are as well, I remember when the Iraq war first broke out, Madonna was just about to release her first video for her first single off of her American Life Album entitled American life. She pulled the video because of bad timing not knowing the war just broke out when releasing her video. The Video for American Life was full of gore and blood with people getting limbs blown off in a runway fashion shoot gone awry with children laying there dead with blood from the after math. At the end of the Video Madonna threw a grenade at a Bush Look a like causing a media frenzy that accused her of being unpatriotic and that's when the Elite radio stations banned her from radio! If it wasn't for Madonna's legions of fans, her career would of been gone. The point I'm trying to make is the powers that be will make if difficult for anyone to come forward and expose the truth, Madonna took a big risk, and I'm sure she'll never do it again. But I'm glad she went big and exposed the horrors of war and the innocent life's that were lost.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No, I resent armchair experts; and I spent most of my time in Afghanistan training their soldiers to kill the Taliban.

Ah, the ones that the US government armed to the teeth just a few years ago. You are obviously content to be a little pawn in the big boys' game. Carry on soldier, carry on ...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Let's see, risking my life so that my family has a better life doesn't count. Gee, I guess if I were to refuse to work and let others support me and mine with their tax dollars I would then be morally correct? Grow up.

I hate to break it to you, but there are other jobs out there. But I guess a hired gun only sees bullets ...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Who here thinks that if he is still in he might suffer consequence for his speech?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The amount of money that is dumped into every soldier would gaul you. Humans are the MOST expensive piece of equipment in the military.
reply to post by gncnew

Cost to build:

Virginia class submarine: 2'000'000'000.00
F/A-18: 55'000'000.00

Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join