It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Arthur????

page: 1

join
share:
MC

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yea or nay? I saw this one last week, and as much as I like the actors, this movie just did not do it for me. I LOVED the fight scene on the frozen lake, but other than that, it was just another movie. I did not like the way they portrayed Guenevere(sp?), but who knows? Maybe this is the most accurate telling of King Arthur, his lady, and the Knights of the Round Table-before the "Grail"?????
Any other thoughts?
TIA!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I haven't seen this one yet, but will see it eventually. From the previews it looks alright.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
keira knightley looked amazing in the movie.

What pisses me off was the intro to the movie. They were set free from services, but lo and behold had to take on another mission, which set the mood for the rest of the film up to and until Arthur finds out what his fighting for.

I was also expecting to see Merlin as a Wizard entity, such as Ganadalf or the white wizard for lotr trilogy. In the movie he was portrayed as an old man who led a bunch of English savages. Later on in the fim we find out that he was also Guinnevers father.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
IMO Excalibur was the best King Arthur movie ever made.

I love the stories about King Arthur and I'll probally go see this one. Only thing that dissapoints me is that its not going with the whole "Le Morte Da Arthur" storyline. Knightly looks amazing in it, so that should be enough for me to like it

new topics

top topics

join