It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie "Knowing" predicts Japan Nuclear Disaster (on top of Gulf Oil Spill)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So, say you write a really good book, which gets copy righted and it is your intellectual property. Someone goes and makes a movie about your book and makes millions because it's a blockbuster. Would you still envision a nice world without copyright laws? Pfft.

Anyway that is off topic. Movies are not precursors or pointers to any future world event. Numbers and themes only become subjectively relevant after the fact. How many times has one randomly looked at a clock that said 9:11 before 2001, probably a lot but it never held significance. It's like not noticing all the red PT cruisers driving around until you bought one, then you see them everywhere, kinda example.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

How many times has one randomly looked at a clock that said 9:11 before 2001, probably a lot but it never held significance.

I'd like to suggest that we sure have $hit seen the number several thousands of times before
because it's the number we dial for an emergency.

Think about how we associate the numbers 9/11 with emergency.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

So, say you write a really good book, which gets copy righted and it is your intellectual property. Someone goes and makes a movie about your book and makes millions because it's a blockbuster. Would you still envision a nice world without copyright laws? Pfft.

Anyway that is off topic. Movies are not precursors or pointers to any future world event. Numbers and themes only become subjectively relevant after the fact. How many times has one randomly looked at a clock that said 9:11 before 2001, probably a lot but it never held significance. It's like not noticing all the red PT cruisers driving around until you bought one, then you see them everywhere, kinda example.

All banks, money, realtors, copyrights and patents are slavery, illegal pyramid systems mascarading as free enterprise, and create inequality.

There are always other ways.

No i don't support it one bit, denounce it all forever.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What doesn't make sense is, everything you look at, or watch, would lead to their events taking place? That totally hijacks all of our lives, people need to be inspired, they can't live in an intellectual or creative void, stories come to them to write and enact, kids are always play acting, its natural, and that is something so intrinsically unfair, that I'm going to be bringing that into prayer, meditations and sungazing, for some answers and direction.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

That movie the Sphere freaked me out. During the movie it had 100's of flashes with some type of crazy subliminal messages it was hard to watch...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Funny you should mention that:

www.techdirt.com...
www.chillingeffects.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It even comments on the cell phone blackout..... granted the movie came out in 2009 but in august 2008 it would have been in production and editing.... the cell phone blackout hit the eastern seaboard on august 14, 2008... just saying...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My theory is that these numbers do have significance. Take for example, Neo's passport expiration date in The Matrix....

The Matrix was released in 1999. Obviously the expiration date is of HUGE significance in our memories. Having said this, I don't think they did it on purpose. One of the Wachowski's pulled the number out of the blue (or so he thought) I think our minds are completely cognizant of everything that has ever happened but more so what will happen. We don't know how to access these "pre-memories" but on occasion we do. Some of us more than others. I, myself, have had multiple dreams or "visions" of future dates and/or events that have come true. No one ever stops to think that its our subconscious telling us these things. Either someone knows or its coincidence.

Dick Cheney said this once... (I know Dick Cheney is the devil bla bla bla)
"There are things we know that we know.
There are things we know that we don't know.
Then there are things we don't know that we don't know."

What if there were things we don't know that we know?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

When you take time away, you have Infinite Journey, HS or your Infinite Self, and all events exist at the same time infinitely,in infinity. This moment is always there in time, like a DVD on the shelf metaphorically speaking. The more connected you are, and also if its meant to be that your seeing this, it would come. Also deja vu, which I get some of the time.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Deja Vu is when you realize you had a dream about what is happening to you at that moment. I remember the dream the morning after. If I realize what I have seen was a "vision" I usually plan ahead and prepare for the experience.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok... its official.

I think you guys just went waaaay beyond that little frontier I like to call "sanity" here...

Are you all nuts all of a sudden?

Seriously... I mean... now the clock shows "japan", wham conspiracy!

So I have this lighter here... and its made in china. A lighter brings light! Whos the "lightbringer"? Lucifer... THATS IT! CHINA IS THE DEVIL... and such associations and made up conspiracies can be made anywhere, anytime with ANYTHING. The lighter is just an example... I can come up with many more, and better too!

What on earth are you talking about in here?! Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar guys... chill...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying, I love this movie. After my first time watching it, I watched it at least once a day for the next few months [ no exaggeration - - sad? Maybe. Do I care? Not really ].

Next, your theory is certainly interesting and I totally respect it and most certainly respect your right to express it; but my question is..

If the Japan disaster didn't happen, would you have come up with this connection/theory? Sorry to say, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

-Mike

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The end of the movie even ends with extra terrestrials landing!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Time travelers and time machines?

1st Charley Chaplin and the Circus clip cell phone lady, and now forgot to leave tee shirt in the future along with camcorder guy in front had.

Think the time travelers are getting sloppy, and Hollywood is delivering the future events so easily anyone can decipher the hidden messages.

Wish they would drop me the MegaBall winning numbers, that would be news.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
LoL

Really OP?

There is a new video game out. It is called HomeFront.

Basic premise to HomeFront:

NK starts stock piling and testing nukes...
Kim Jong Ill dies and Kim Jong Un takes over...
Kim Jong Un reunites north and south Korea...
US dollar collapses...
Reunified Korea starts annexing countries; Japan falls to Korea...
Reunified Korea sends up a "communication" satellite...
Said satellite is actually a weapon and sets off EMP over USA...
Reunified Korea invades USA west coast and begins occupation...

So by your same logic, this is what will happen in the future. This is not a video game meant to entertain? This is what will come to pass?

Oh Noes!!! Run for your lives...the Koreans are coming!!!

Seriously man?

LoL

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Interesting that the numbers after the 81 are 424 as the epicenter for the quake was 142.4 degrees East longitude. But with that many numbers thrown together there are certain to be several coincidences.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I dont think the movie Knowing has anything to do with the Gulf spill, if u look through Hollywood movies u can easily make connections based on ur imagination, the movie Conan with Arnold Schwarzenegger can be linked to upcoming stone age or something like that, i dont buy it, but what i really believe is Hollywood is being an instrument to condition the public to Alien contact and acceptance of them in the society, that is much more believable than seeing clock made in japan that has number 81, come on thats just .... i bet u can find a lot more reference in the movie godzilla

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

I'm officially creeped out... As if it wasn't creepy enough to have this movie
predict the Gulf Oil Spill Now if you look deeper it's actually foreshadowing the
Nuclear disaster in Japan too!!!

Clock strikes midnight: It says Japan on the clock

Nicholas Cage: says "81" (81 is the area CODE for Japan)

Reporter: "Problem with the Cooling System."

If you people want to keep your head buried in the sand on this "Hollywood" foreshadowing bull$hit...
be my guest, but for me... my eyes are wide open.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've stared a more in depth thread here^ but I thought this DISCOVERY was relevant enough
to have it's own thread.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

I believe it op. Also dont forget the second clock view in the scene 3:28 to 3:29 3-29-11???? I seen someone point out the know soundtrack has two track approximately 3 minutes and 29 seconds in length.

I am starting to believe the way the elite do this is they allow MANY variations to be taken from these predictions. If enough speak out on one they will move on to the next one. I honestly believe that not just know but this following simpsons clip predicted a nuclear event on 3-11-11. Many people can bash and say I am making anything out of anything but I dont see why they are close minded. A nuclear plant for a nuclear plant and a mushroom cloud for a mushroom cloud and camera angle for camera angle. I also saw the exact shot from independance day on 9-11. There is something to this whatever this is.

Beside the things mentioned notice the man says "5.......4..................No time for a full countdown" then presses the detonator and blows up a nuclear plant. Why did he stop at 3???? Whats the significance of 3???
edit on 28-3-2011 by destro423 because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one that noticed that.
Most clocks today are made in China so that is actually what caused me to notice "Japan".

I own the movie and have found just wayyyy too many things to be coincidental.
Some symbolic, but others right in your face.

My weirdest thing about the movie began a day before I bought it. I was at the beach in La Jolla when I looked down into the ankle-deep water and found a small smooth black stone. I picked it up and kept it. It seemed oddly significant.
The next day I was at Target, browsing for movies. My little boy picked Knowing off the shelf at random and threw it in the cart. I will never figure out why. It does not look like a kid movie. I read the description, decided it was up my alley and bought it.
That night I watched it and with trembling hands, reached into my jeans pocket where the black stone still rested. I am not one much for coincidences so I took it as a sign that I should pay attention.
When the gulf oil "spill" began, my first thought was the movie.
Since then, I've been able to link a lot of the numbers, and events in the movie to real life. Might start a new thread with it all.
edit on 28-3-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one that noticed that.
Most clocks today are made in China so that is actually what caused me to notice "Japan".

I own the movie and have found just wayyyy too many things to be coincidental.
Some symbolic, but others right in your face.

Yeah but it aint just that...that clock didnt say NOTHING on 11:59. Why 12 o clock?? Doomsday clock? Like I said above, watch the second clock scene and it changes from 3:28 to 3:29..........

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join