It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rapper Predicts Stuxnet Virus - crazy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So I am a fan of Del tha Funkee Homosapien - He is the cousin of Ice Cube and the rapper you hear the most with the cartoon supergroup Gorillaz. I listened to one of his albums again and was blown away by one of his songs, which tells the story of releasing a super computer virus.

Global controls will have to be imposed
and a world governing body, will be created to enforce them.
Crises, precipitate change.."
[Del]
Secretly.. plotting your demise
I wanna devise a virus
To bring dire straits to your environment
Crush your corporations with a mild touch
Trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus
I want to make a super virus
Strong enough to cause blackouts in every single metropolis
Cause they dont wanna unify us
So #ck it total anarchy and can't nobody stop us

The rest of the lyrics are on the youtube page.
The song was released on May 23, 2000 - 11 years ago!
Here is the video for your edu-tainment. Beyond being a prophet the dude is a really good hip-hop artist.

(edit) Even creepier is the music video itself, the wreckage, and a building seen in the background with three beams going up into the sky...

Thoughts???

edit on 27-3-2011 by BadMagician because: lyric

edit on 27-3-2011 by BadMagician because: woah

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well I don´t see a connection here. The idea of computer viruses infecting weaponsystems/plants is not new as you see.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Er, this is no prediction. Just story telling in music form. Thats why we have something called "fiction". If someone writes a book about Voldemort planning to rule the humans in the near future, thats not a prediction...lol

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sorry, your argument is flawed - Songs can be and have been prophetic, albeit unintended.

For example, the song "I'm Your Flag" from The English Beat's second album includes the lyrics, "I ran into Northern Ireland/I ran into Afghanistan/Dying to become a man?/I am your flag.' "
Of course it was about the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and the American issues with Iran and the British issues with Ireland at the time - but could make as much sense today with Afghanistan.

EDIT: Good job on giving eachother stars - what's this a debunker tag team? Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it on ATS, sadly.

edit on 27-3-2011 by BadMagician because: edit

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Formula: Pick a topic, scan obscure rap lyrics till you get a hit on key word, profit

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Rappers like Vinnie Paz of Jedi Mind Tricks have been talking about how governments would start microchipping the population etc for well over 18 years now.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

I get what your trying to say. But i think you might be reaching on this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If you listened to the song, or actually read the lyrics, you would see more than some obscure connection.

Don't know why I am getting crap for this -

"No Microsoft or enhanced DOS will impede" A line from the song...The stuxnet virus works by infecting the Seimens PLC, which runs on proprietary programming, not DOS like a typical PC.

Can we discuss the connection between the lyrics instead of you thinking I am trying to be an attention whore?

I don't go looking for these lyric-prediction connections, look at my post history. This came to my attention in a coincidence, my looking into Stuxnet and simultaneously liking good hiphop.

But go ahead with your little one liners.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's an interview with Paz by WeAreChange Boston.

One of their first tracks as the group "Jedi Mind Tricks", This was recorded probably in 1995.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMagician
EDIT: Good job on giving eachother stars - what's this a debunker tag team? Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it on ATS, sadly.

edit on 27-3-2011 by BadMagician because: edit

If this is adressed to me I can tell you that I do not care about stars.
edit on 27-3-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
OP. Good post. Del is dope. Rap has always been prophetic. It was born of American culture and will always tell her tale.

Here is the best advice I can give you. Point out the topic, as you have done. Then pray people get it.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Not everyone will see clearly. The Sufi's believe you are doing more harm if a wake someone in slumber. So just leave the note for when they wake up.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMagician
If you listened to the song, or actually read the lyrics, you would see more than some obscure connection.

Don't know why I am getting crap for this -

"No Microsoft or enhanced DOS will impede" A line from the song...The stuxnet virus works by infecting the Seimens PLC, which runs on proprietary programming, not DOS like a typical PC.

Why don't you go back and listen to the lyrics with a view in mind as to what the goal of the Stuxnet virus actually was, your 'prophetic' rapper is on about a super virus that will crash global computer systems and revert the world to a simpler place where supposedly society can start again with the knowledge gained from the failed previous version, would that be a fair summery?

Well the Stuxnet virus was a highly specific little creation that's only goal was to was to locate specific Siemens hardware that regulated the cascading centrifuges that were so vital to Iran's enrichment of nuclear fuel, it's only function in life was to disrupt this, waste large quantities of fuel, set the whole process back and put everything off schedule all while covering it's tracks for as long as possible - now don't get me wrong, it was a work of art, hardly anything that is going to bring global command computers to the blue screen of death though was it?

You are simply making a connection with the latest and most famous virus from a rap track from some 11 years ago that highlights the word 'virus' in some sort of conspiratorial way (need I add that by definition a virus must contain some element of conspiracy as it is intended for nefarious means) - had you more knowledge in the history of computer hacking and viruses I have no doubt that you could pull out a few more very interesting cases that are far more reinvent, but you clearly don't, so unless you hit google hard after reading this you wont.

One line post one more time!

Formula: Pick a topic, scan obscure rap lyrics till you get a hit on key word, profit

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm a huge fan of Del, have followed him for a very long time. The man is brilliant, both artistically and as a thinker.

There is a large flaw in your premise here though-the entire album is set in the year 3030. It seems the timeline is a little off

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

OP. Good post. Del is dope. Rap has always been prophetic. It was born of American culture and will always tell her tale.

Here is the best advice I can give you. Point out the topic, as you have done. Then pray people get it.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Not everyone will see clearly. The Sufi's believe you are doing more harm if a wake someone in slumber. So just leave the note for when they wake up.

Peace

I like that little note on the Sufi's - I forget that some people come from a basis not of wanting to expand knowledge and horizon, but defending their little foxhole just by digging it deeper.

People do wake up when they want to wake up.

top topics

join