It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World - 6pm on the 21st May, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

This is one of my favorites. No actual video. It just has the audio of a guy calling in and asking Harold if he will be giving refunds to his followers on May 22.

Maybe he is actually God Yahweh Himself but just don't want to brag about it and that is the reason he is so certain this time? Perhaps he simply changed his mind the last time in 1996 or his rapture machine didn't work or something, but this time, THIS time, the Rapture Machine will work.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by upgrayedd

Don't go placing everyone into the same group solely on a guess. I for one think that all of the end-time predictions are nonsense.

If you don't believe in any of the end-time predictions, then my last post didn't really apply to you. I was trying to point out how ironic it was that so many 2012 believers make fun of these May 21st rapture folks. There's no guessing involved, simply observations.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Uhm, guys, read Matthew 24:36. No one knows!

Also, the word "rapture" is not even in the bible. Go figure. It was a man-made term twisted by misunderstanding the scriptures.

With that said, I discovered a way to post-phone the "rapture" indefinitely. Since no one can know the date or time, just have people start picking different times. Like I'll say 2 minutes form now. You say 3 minutes from now, your friend says 4 minutes from now. With 6.7 billion people in the world, we should be able to cover all the dates for the near-foreseeable future.

Ok, two minutes went by, no rapture, so now I KNOW it will be 5 minutes from now. Sure, we can recycle the dates. Logical?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I would love to see the look on his face when he realizes he's not part of the 2%. I can hear it now " hey wait where are you all going.....what I really meant to say was 3%"

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here on ATS we have birthers, truthers, and now doomies.

I can say that May 21st, 2011 wil be a bust.
I can also say that Dec 21st 2012 will be a bust.

BUT

If I am wrong and the world does end, and we all explode, go to hell, die, star in a John Cusack film, then I will log on to ATS and apologize.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If the horse men of the apocalypse are coming i better get ready.

"Joleeen pass me mah shotgun"!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think the bible makes it quite clear that no one knows when God will return , but it always good to be prepared spiritually because you never know when your time comes

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Thanks for posting this [ridiculous] prediction!

Just to set the facts straight, this preacher really believes that 98% [!] of the world population will go straightforward to hell? That's utterly ridiculous!

Let's just assume for one second this preacher is right,.....

Roughly 30% of the world population are children; [2 billion children in a world population of 7 billion humans.] Even if half of these kids were -what this priest would call them- "sinners", [which they are clearly not], there would be left 15% of the whole world population -all of them kids-, without any "sin." Sadly, there are only spots for the elite....whoops, I meant the "super-religious" 2% of this world.

Um, what kind of "god" would send all these kids, or the vast majority of them, to hell? And what for?

My BS detector has reached the peak of his lifetime, it literally exploded, when I read this prediciton.

Over and out. Peace.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Harold Camping is a false prophet. He predicted the same thing in 1994... amongst other things... he keeps changing his story. I think he actually has a radio show which I've listened to, and the doctrines he teaches are not biblically sound.

I *hope* the irresponsible idiot takes his own life when it does not happen.

I dread to imagine the number of thicko types who believe what the berk says, and kill themselves and their families.
Their blood will be on *his* hands.

edit on 27/3/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Here on ATS we have birthers, truthers, and now doomies.

I can say that May 21st, 2011 wil be a bust.
I can also say that Dec 21st 2012 will be a bust.

BUT

If I am wrong and the world does end, and we all explode, go to hell, die, star in a John Cusack film, then I will log on to ATS and apologize.

You can't say fairer than that can you!

(but you won't need to apologise)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear

Roughly 30% of the world population are children; [2 billion children in a world population of 7 billion humans.] Even if half of these kids were -what this priest would call them- "sinners", [which they are clearly not], there would be left 15% of the whole world population -all of them kids-, without any "sin." Sadly, there are only spots for the elite....whoops, I meant the "super-religious" 2% of this world.

Um, what kind of "god" would send all these kids, or the vast majority of them, to hell? And what for?

My BS detector has reached the peak of his lifetime, it literally exploded, when I read this prediciton.

Over and out. Peace.

Maybe the same God that says that;

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Or

And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

Or

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

To mention a few examples.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

What this guy should really hope (and pray) for, is that some thicko in his congregation hasn't read those parts of the bible that say that the false prophets should be put to DEATH.

Headlines on May 22 could be something like, "Teenage Killer With IQ of 95 Says God Told Him To Kill Preacher Who Was A False Prophet".

This old devil might get more than he bargained for...

JR

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

NUFF SAID.... just sayin! lol

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

www.inde pendent.co.uk

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise.
The end of the world is nigh; 21 May, to be precise. That's the date when Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is confidently predicting the Second Coming of the Lord. At about 6pm, he reckons 2 per cent of the world's population will be immediately "raptured" to Heaven; the rest of us will get sent straight to the Other Place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I guss he never read the part of the bible that says, "No man know the hour of my cometh"

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was listening to C2C AM a few weeks ago and George Noory mentioned none of these guys would agree to come on hi show after the 21st. Then he proceeded to read some literature they sent him asking for donations which allowed for payments over the next 12 months...

Someone is so confident they won't go on the biggest alternative radio show but they sure aren't shutting off their revenue stream. I thought this was the death shot to the genuineness of the message.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

www.inde pendent.co.uk

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise.
The end of the world is nigh; 21 May, to be precise. That's the date when Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is confidently predicting the Second Coming of the Lord. At about 6pm, he reckons 2 per cent of the world's population will be immediately "raptured" to Heaven; the rest of us will get sent straight to the Other Place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hmm, so it's not at 5 or 7 then.
Interesting.. and certainly not on the 20th or 22nd of May either.
and about 2% of the worlds population, not 1 or 3.. just 2.
Of course yes, the end of the world is "Nigh".. not here.. not there, not under here or above there but "nigh."

Am I going to hell?
You know.. not the place with god and angels and, puffy clouds with a nice big gate where I'll see all my relatives and friends, but the firey place down south with the horned guy who has goat feet and smells of fire and brimstone... sulfur even. You know the guy. who has red dyed skin, rapes sinners soulbutts with a redhot fork of sorts.. laughs like this Bwahahahaha! You know.. that place?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh man.... I'd better go and buy my nuclear powered generator fairly soon. Not to mention finish fixing the camper so that we're ready to live here in hell.

Why is it.... people actually believe D-bags like this??

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh Lordy here we go again. There's so many posts of doom and gloom these days on ATS which are so far fetched. I have been a member since 2009 and it's gotten so bad this last year. Please come back Phage...marry me!...lol
Anyways the only thing I would be interested in (and I do not post lightly) is the back draught from Comet Elenin...and I still don't think there's much to worry about there...we may get a few rocks coming in Oct/ Nov 2011...probably a really nice meteor shower to watch upon neighbours roof!...lol. (ps there are many threads on Comet Elenin whether it's been compared to Planet X/Nibiru...whatever!)..I am so fed up of people posting bi-weekly dates of doom...yawn it's just getting so boring now...
Thats probably going to be the most spectacular thing to happen since Hale-Bopp nothing more.....
I wish people would just stop this and make ATS what it was which is to discuss things rationally and be realistic!

x

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Even a predicted time. Daaaammmmmmm.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmmmmm sure it will
this a fresh prediction as far as know so whats their argument this time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join