It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance??...I Dont See It Going On...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When I joined this site this motto of denying ignorance was something that made me really enjoy visiting this site but I guess the sites motto is not to be followed by some of its members. I dont understand why ignorance is praised. Ill just say kid, if people can use this to think about some of the ignoranse thats witnessed.

I know I havent been here very long and I am definately not trying to be some type of thread police or even think that I own the place like has been said to me. I just dont understand why when my critism is justified and not in any regard putting the OP down that other posters come to their aid,star and flag them because it seems they feel sorry for ther ignorance instead of denying them.

I can take critism myself. I take it,think about it and figure out how to use itt to fix the problem that myself have. I invite it knowing that it will only help me. But others cant in any means. That sit there and say that some who critisize are cyber stalking and makes other posters feel sorry for them so they then put the blinders up once again to pass over the ignorance.

I guess why Im writing this is because the site that once interested me with its intriguing Motto has come to disappoint in some aspects. If when the main Motto is ignored and instead of denying, starring and flagging ignorance is happening then I dont know if I can still think of this site as being what I thought to be when I joined. Im sorry if I offended anyone in just trying to follow the Motto. No intentions here on hurting anyones cyber feelings...

edit on 27-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ATS is not for everyone.. That being said, If you have a complaint..You should feel free to alert a mod..

If you would rather rant.. And not solve anything.. Please Feel free to Join one the these existing threads on this topic..

Link
Link
Link
Link

A simple search brings up more then enough results on the topic..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying. It is hard to read some of these posts and not get upset. As, you said you are still new here. I have been here a little over 2 years and it still doesn't get any easier, but you will have developed some tolerance for it and instead of getting stressed out over it, you will shake your head. Just post what you know is true and hope that others will see the light. Even your truth can be shaken . But don't despair..."pick yourself up and start all over again."
But..then this is what this site is for..in hopes that many of us who need to be enlightened to the truth will finally manage to see thru all our misconstrued ideas and join the informed to build a better understanding of the world around us. It just takes time and that is sometimes very painful to have to deal with.
edit on 27-3-2011 by ellieN because: needed to clarify

I hope this helps.....
edit on 27-3-2011 by ellieN because: added a sentence

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

why should I ad to a post that s over a year old...even though this has been discussed before,this is how I feel and feel like ranting and not just adding to someones elses...even though I know either way nobody reads them its nice to get out. And I shouldnt have to be forced to add how I feel to another thread.Im sorry but if you dont think that this worht your time then why bother clicking on it when what its about is right in the title?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Because the point being, This is discussed almost on a daily basis.. Your rant is no different then anyone else's on this subject.. And there are rules against multiple posts on the same subject..

Terms & Conditions for use

It's simple.. If you are not happy with ATS.. No one is keeping you hear.. But YOU will follow the rules if you decide to stay. You are not exempt from them..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Yes but its also in the terms and conditions that you wont post repeat threads, the subject has been coverd many times and whining about it is just going to jam up servers, As Techvamypre mentioned your thread wont change anything maybe try spending more time writing good quality threads and be an asset on the path of knowledge this site seeks to tread, Be the change you seek

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members.

This is what it says on top of this page...Its not like i am writing about HAARP like so many others repeat...if what you talk about is the case then everything about HAARP should be in the same thread too...or any of the othe ridiculas thats repeated...like the RUMBLING NOISES HEARD OH MY...Now i have actually heard these noise but I dont make threads about them. I actually as my experiances in someone elses that has taken time on it and in which I believe the OP has actually experianced these too...Not just making a thread about it to get stars and flags

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Just because there is a "Rant" forum doesnt mean you have to use it, thats the same thinking as people who pointlessly drive around with their music blaring and eventually end up hitting a small child and wondering if there was any point in going for a drive in the first place, Hopefully you will realise that there was no point in ranting in the first place and consequence of your obvious need to rant when its not required nor wanted is funilly enough another subject on the "Rant" forums, This is me Ranting about ranting....let it burn

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I know what you are talking about, and I think I know who you are talking about too! It's maddening, isn't it? However, you have to take into account that each and every person who creates a thread or posts on here is possibly not an adult, or maybe doesn't have the mindset of an adult. We need to accept those that are legit, and listen to those that have other motives. Everyone comes here of their own volition and for their own reasons. All in all, I think those who come here to share information, news, rants, etc are genuine in their endeavors. Those that aren't will soon be weeded out by peer pressure, or being banned, eventually.

A little humility, understanding, kindness and just plain ignoring those that irritate will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this forum. We (the members) cannot control who joins, who posts, what personality traits we abhor, or the fact that some don't do their research before posting.

There are those times that you just have to shake your head, hit the back button and hope the next thread you click on will be one that will stimulate your mind and your senses. After being here just a short time myself, I have learned to just try to work on my patience and understanding.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Good points...i apprecaite everything that you and the other posters have mentioned and think that I will take the advice i was giving so I can start to enjoy this site and start adding more good to it then just bitching about it...thank you much

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Thats the spirit! Now get yourself a beer and chill out with the cool crowd

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

One more thing though...so what do think? That the RANT forum should just be deleated so people like you dont have to read how others feel? thats what im getting from you...its kinda like if you dont like to read what people have to say no matter if its been discussed before then why bother reading..I know just by the title that you probably had agood idea of what it was about but you still clicked just to tell me that ranting isnt there for people that want to use it. that its there to be used on others discretion...so maybe i should start a thread to ask if its ok to rant and express how feel before i do it. No problem here. Maybe instead of that bear ill grab a case to go...and from now ill just supress the way i feel so i disturb others or take up valuable time

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I'm glad you got something out of this learning experience.!

And in my option, The rant section should remain.. But it should be used for relevant "rants",

Take this thread for example.. Link.. I don't care much for the topic.. But it is a example of what belongs in the "rant" section..

You see, You'r rant is not relevant if it has already been discussed in depth.. It would be just as easy to add your thoughts to a existing thread..

It's not fair to members who have relevant threads posted, ans spent a good deal of time researching there subject before posting.. Something like THIS thread could bump them down on the "New topic fire hose"..

This happens all the time, And often time's Great threads are over looked for this reason.
edit on 27-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Well my way of looking at it is that ATS is an amazing site that could benifit from more of the Solid Information rather than the trimmings if you catch my drift, usefull discussion is more benifcial than a discussion about how things arnt been dicussed to someones standard, the rant forum was put there to accomadate for those who want to rant so they no longer did it in the middle of usefull discussion, Like a flood gate for peoples anger

I like to read these rants though, they amuse me like a cat that has a ball of string soaked in liquid cat-nap that has been quite impossibly blessed by jesus himself.

Anyone can rant, but it requires no intellgence and no skill, there is no challenge and therefore no real benefit so overall this adds up to a BIG waste of time, space and Calories.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Like i said, thank you and or opinions are meaningful and helpful...They are all appreciated...I guess its time to start making a difference instead of just being part of the problem

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

That said there are some people on ATS that are nothing less than a complete pain in the neck.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

You perhaps have a mistaken concept of what ATS is about. It is not about truth and education. Well, you can suppose that from a casual glance, but it really isn't. It is an medium of entertainment. The more the stupid threads about crashing comets, etc., the better because the medium must speak to the lowest common denominator of internet users. As a business, that is the goal. Should intelligence or education of users be a factor? Nope, not a given. In fact, not necessary at all. Numbers. Numbers is the game and those outlandish topics rack up the most as you can easily see. And that is what counts in a business.

Some won't agree that the general policies of ATS would allow it to stoop that low, but the evidence is clear and self-evident. Any self-respecting media would not allow blatantly incorrect or misleading headline topics nor bad grammar and misspellings in those headlines. But ATS is replent with them, constantly. That gives you an idea of their basic standards for topics and quality. (Don't try to tell me that holding them to some form of correctness in those regards would be censorship.)

Is there a better game in town than ATS? No! Take it or leave it. (But they should be wary and take care that something a bit more sophisticated doesn't come along and steal their position.)

And it is quite silly to say, "Oh, if you please, somebody did a rant on that several months ago and you really should not be doing that again. Go here and here to add to those threads." Gjood lord, how many repeats of topics to we find on the general forums? Endlessly, time after time as regular as clockwork.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Just a quick thing I want to interject here...

Once or twice a day staff does become aware of obvious hoax or trolling threads - and we most often do what the membership would want. We trash them. We have tools at our disposal that can, for example, help us identify returning previously banned trolls or hoaxers. Often we just use the Google to our advantage and find that the controversial thread is actually cross posted from other sites, where it's already been debunked..

Regardless of all that... When we find them, we trash them. And when we trash them?

The complaints begin. Sometimes dozens. Threads pop up screaming WHY DID SUCH AND SUCH A THREAD 404??? ATS IS THE CIA!!!! PROOF!!!!!!

The "complaints" forum is flooded by dozens of members declaring that they'll never set foot in our COINTELPRO and highly censored playground, ever again. EVER....

In the act of simply throwing out a known hoax... suddenly we (staff) spend the next 4 hours being called Nazi's and government agents... even as we try to clean the mess that it's all caused on the boards...

It can be a nightmare.

My point? You can't make all the people happy in this area. For every person who sees the hoax? There are five who don't see it at all. The successful trolls suck people in. It's just how it is.

~Heff
edit on 3/27/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by gdaub23

Because the point being, This is discussed almost on a daily basis.. Your rant is no different then anyone else's on this subject.. And there are rules against multiple posts on the same subject..

Terms & Conditions for use

It's simple.. If you are not happy with ATS.. No one is keeping you hear.. But YOU will follow the rules if you decide to stay. You are not exempt from them..

If you would rather rant.. And not solve anything.. Please Feel free to Join one the these existing threads on this topic..

The least you could have done is explain to the OP how you figured this out for yourself...

Your Thread: 13-2-2011
ATS...Linked to freemasons?

Existing Threads.
1 2
More where these came from...

Your Thread: 17-11-2010
Dear ATS let's deny igorance.

Im not even going to comment on that one.

Your Thread: 14-3-2011
Aokigahara (Japan's suicide forest)

Existing threads.
Japan's Bermuda Triangle
Aokigahara-Japan
Aokigahara -Haunted Forest Where the Tormented go to Die- MUST READ

Personally, I think the OP is giving their own point of view, injecting a different twist into the idea. Certain forums are different, this one and especially the Introduction forum. I mean, how many "Hi, I'm new here" threads do we get?

I have to look over the t&c again to see how it applies to different forums....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I learned the same way the op need to learn.. Harsh criticism.. That is nothing new either.. Come on you should know that..

So what is your point..That the op should learn the rules of the boards, in a different way then the way the rest of us have?

EDIT TO ADD: You bring nothing to the discussion.. And it is not my obligation to explain anything to the op.. That is the job of the staff.. And every now and then the members try to help out when they can..

edit on 27-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join