It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Searl Magnetics

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is what I hear in the [snip] regarding the court case:

Narrator: At home in Mortimer Searl was served with court papers stating that he owed the electric board over £10,000. By 1982 he was arrested and accused of stealing electric power. Here’s how he answered the charges.

JS: What happened was: Electricity was expensive. And I didn’t have the wage packet to meet the cost of that, working on this, trying to get this idea right, and we did have two units. One, I took to shows and one, I put it in the house and put all the wires on it. The one in my house for 30 years, they took apart, they found no wear or tear. In fact, they were almost sure it had just been made. It was that good.

Narrator: What happened to that one?

JS: Well, when the court asked if they could bring the generator in, for the court to see it, they said they had confiscated it. So, I feel inclined to think that they broke it open not knowing what was inside.

Narrator: Who confiscated it?

JS: The electric board themselves. Because they told the court it did not comply with their standards. The judge wasn’t quite satisfied that I was this dangerous man they were trying to portray, so they asked the chief man what was strange about this man’s house? So he said there was two little switches, blocked [?] switches, were called grid switches, on the wall. So he pointed out to it and he said, see those two switches? Yeah, what’s strange about that? Well, he’s got 16! We took the floorboards up, they’ve got power transformers on [?] them. What’s strange about that? Never seen anything like that before. Oh, he asked him, what else was strange? Well, out in the shed, he’s got all this equipment from the floor to the ceiling.

It looks like [inaudible]. What else was strange? Well, we were trying to find where the electric came from. We cut the walls open. We come on this box. We took it out, and when we opened it, we got these plate things, and we got these rollers running around. So, the judge says what’s strange about that? They said we can’t understand how they run. The judge says, can’t you do that? No. Can’t anyone do that? No. Is that man there cleverer than you? Yes. Here’s your bill back. No way am I going to make that man pay you £10,975.

I know what the judge was trying to point out to him. That I can’t be insane if I’m cleverer than him.

Narrator: The electricity to run his own home sometimes came from his own generator. That generator was never returned to him. The semi-favorable court decision was costly. The price he would pay was divorce and the break-up of his family.

edit on 05/10/13 by Mary Rose because: Typo

edit on 5/13/2013 by defcon5 because: removed advertising

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Narrator: At home in Mortimer Searl was served with court papers stating that he owed the electric board over £10,000. By 1982 he was arrested and accused of stealing electric power. Here’s how he answered the charges.

But Searl himself says:

By the way there is an error in that DVD. I was never arrested for stealing electricity but was on suspicion of dismantling a very high voltage pylon but minutes later returned home when it was announced that two of them had been dismantled, as they said that was impossible for me to have done it.
pesn.com...

That squares nicely with the newspaper article that said he was jailed for 15 months.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

But Searl himself says:

By the way there is an error in that DVD. I was never arrested for stealing electricity but was on suspicion of dismantling a very high voltage pylon but minutes later returned home when it was announced that two of them had been dismantled, as they said that was impossible for me to have done it.
pesn.com...

That squares nicely with the newspaper article that said he was jailed for 15 months.

You mean Searl contradicted himself? Wow never saw that coming. As I mentioned before, Mary Rose will never change her mind. You can prove it a million times over and she will not care.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Thanks, Deny! I had not seen that article by Bradley Lockerman before.

I have been thinking that the narrator's statement, "The semi-favorable court decision was costly" may be cryptic.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

LUXUS,

By any chance do you know who "flowerbower," who apparently is writing a book about Searl, is?

Hmmmm. The Wikipedia page was also mentioned in the exchange I posted earlier:

Uploader Comments (flowerbower)

BarriosGroupie

BarriosGroupie 5 months ago

Have you noticed the SEG Widipedia page has been deleted?
·
flowerbower

flowerbower 5 months ago

Yes.
· in reply to BarriosGroupie
BarriosGroupie

BarriosGroupie 5 months ago

Well, how about creating a new one?

· in reply to flowerbower
flowerbower

flowerbower 4 months ago

Having used this vid to sample all of the defences/excuses which loonies might use to defend Searl, I am too busy with writing a book in the real world which will bring all of this nonsense to the attention of a wider audience. Commenting on YT vids is as pointless as correcting graffiti on the wall of a public bathroom.
· in reply to BarriosGroupie

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
My problem with John Searl's technology is not based on understanding the science (or not), but rather that the guy at the age of 14 built a working generator that took off through the roof of his landlady's house and disappeared, then with a team of 4 or 5 friends, funded by pensioners, built a 50 foot diameter disc in a field and flew it around the world a total of 200 times over many years. He claims to have constructed many more demo discs, yet cannot now produce a single one with a team of advanced scientists and millions of dollars of equipment over a fairly considerable period of time.

Common sense suggests something is not quite right here.

This is my view too.

How was it possible to build these devices, supposedly working devices that generated ZP energy, powered both scale model and full sized disk shaped craft enabling them to fly through the atmosphere and space without carrying additional fuel, all way back in the 1950's and 1960's, yet here we are in 2013 and a working generator or model craft seems to be taking decades to produce, with as yet only a mock up having been built?

It doesn't seem likely to me either.

I too have researched Searl for a long time...initially, quite a few years ago, i had hoped he and his team might be on to something...i even conversed with JS and offerred to help their project, but the years have rolled by and absolutely NO progress has been shown, despite large amounts of both cash and technology being made available to him.

Shame...the world absolutely needs this kind of tech...and needs it yesterday.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

pesn.com...

". . . as they said that was impossible for me to have done it." What does that tell us?

So, we have established that he was not arrested for stealing electricity?

He said in the DVD he had been using the SEG for 30 years. Why didn't the arrest happen 30 years earlier?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

". . . as they said that was impossible for me to have done it." What does that tell us?

It tells us that he's lying!

So, we have established that he was not arrested for stealing electricity?

We have established that his accounts of events do not add up.

He said in the DVD he had been using the SEG for 30 years. Why didn't the arrest happen 30 years earlier?

He says many things that contradict each other.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have stumbled upon the following information dated June 29, 2003 on searleffect.com. John Thomas is a person who was interviewed in the DVD.

June 29th, 2003

The following response is a result of a number of e-mails sent to me (John Thomas) concerning the validity of Prof. Searl's work and questions about why we don't have a small working model to show after so many years and why John Searl could build an SEG at age 14, but hasn't build one now.

I think that these questions are valid and should be answered for all to see:

. . . It would be nice if the SEG was as easy to explain as the "lifter" unit, but it is not.

The question of putting out a "cheap and easy" proof of concept for the SEG is a valid question, but unfortunately it is not possible. The very nature of the SEG depends on exact weights, measurements, materials and a complex magnetic pattern that has not been duplicated since it was used to build the original unit.

Yes, it is true that John Searl built his first SEG in 1946 at the age of 14. He was working at a manufacturing plant that made large dynamos or generators. He had such conviction in his theory that he was able to convince the owners to help him. All he had to do is pay for the materials used in his experiment. He was given the use of the facility and the help of a number of magnetics engineers. He told them what he wanted and they made it happen. He was given all the data and methods for his records, which have subsequently been destroyed. So you see, he had a great deal of expertise at his disposal. This is the only way a 14 year old boy with a dream could have made it come true. In my mind, this was a kind of miracle, as he would have never been able to build it on his own.

We have duplicated the weights and measurements and the materials using "The Law of the Squares". We are working on the magnetic pattern. Once this is established, our work becomes easy and a proof of concept can be built. We have made a great deal of progress and have overcome the major problems of printing the magnetics. We are currently testing various materials to see which will give us the best results.

The building process is taking a long time because we lack the funding to work on it full time and for the cost of the materials. You might try pricing a magnetic ring about 7" in diameter and 3" high, made to specific dimensions with a tolerance of .001". You will find that the cost is considerable. This is what we are up against. . . .

Sincerely,
John A.Thomas

I have been thinking that at this point in time, the rare earth neodymium that is used in the SEG may be an issue as far as availability.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is from "Searl Effect: a tantalizing technology and a sad coda" by Mary-Sue Haliburton. It is based on a 411 page .pdf file that apparently is no longer a good link, but perhaps it can be retrieved somewhere else:

. . . The sad aspect is the amount of time, space, money and effort he has been forced to devote to defending himself and trying to re-acquire what he says has been stolen from him by former associates. In a lengthy, complicated document the now elderly John R.R. Searl jumps back and forth between this theories [sic] and the interpersonal tensions that stood in the way of achieving this goal of clean energy and anti-gravity devices. These personality conflicts culminated in the theft of the elderly inventor’s technology, apparently with the advance knowledge if not consent of the police (p. 49), while he was in hospital. It is difficult not to feel some sympathy for this man, who points out that he was depriving himself of basic necessities in order to buy with his pension money the expensive cameras and other equipment that others felt they had the right to take. . . .

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Classic case of "I'm happy to believe your lies if you tell me what I want to hear".

That sorry excuse for an explanation contradicts what Searl(e) himself has said. It's more likely that TPTB stole the last "e" from his name and THAT is why he can't reproduce the device. Then again, you can't REproduce what was never originally produced.

I have been thinking that at this point in time, the rare earth neodymium that is used in the SEG may be an issue as far as availability.

You're riding a derailed train of thought.

A neodymium magnet (also known as NdFeB, NIB or Neo magnet), the most widely used[1] type of rare-earth magnet, is a permanent magnet made from an alloy of neodymium, iron and boron to form the Nd2Fe14B tetragonal crystalline structure.[2] Developed in 1982 by General Motors and Sumitomo Special Metals, neodymium magnets are the strongest type of permanent magnet made.[2][3] They have replaced other types of magnet in the many applications in modern products that require strong permanent magnets, such as motors in cordless tools, hard disk drives and magnetic fasteners.
en.wikipedia.org...

Neodymium magnets are not rare. They're all the rage among the free energy magnet motor proponents in modern macadamia.

How did young Searl(e) obtain magnets in 1946 that were not developed until 1982? Is the SEG a retroactive time machine?

How many of the devices has Searl(e) claimed to have made over the years?

Make a list Mary, on a timeline if you need to and you will have to realize he CAN"T be telling the truth.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Neodymium magnets are not rare.

I didn't say they were rare.

I'm not sure there is a reliable supply of them at present.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Neodymium magnets are not rare.

I didn't say they were rare.

I'm not sure there is a reliable supply of them at present.

How many do you want?

www.rare-earth-magnets.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

He said in the DVD he had been using the SEG for 30 years.

The SEG that was "Confiscated by the Electric Board" in 1982? In use since 1952? Why do Searl(e) supporters persist in debunking the good professor?

The Searl Effect Generator developed in the 1960s
The Source

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
This is from "Searl Effect: a tantalizing technology and a sad coda" by Mary-Sue Haliburton. It is based on a 411 page .pdf file that apparently is no longer a good link, but perhaps it can be retrieved somewhere else:

. . . Many experts have condemned Searl’s Law of Squares and unusual mathematical theories as useless or ignorant ramblings. However, as Searl points out, his loudest critics have not invented a clean-energy technology and been robbed of it, so he does not consider their criticism to be based on real knowledge. He devotes many pages and photos to the 2003 robbery, in which his former associates entered his house and took his equipment, and also to complaints about the burning of his papers. Naturally enough this incident was a huge setback, has cost the 73-year old inventor a great deal of time and struggle merely to regain the level he had reached. Focused the author is on that act of theft and his reasons for stating that the perpetrators still fail to understand the technology properly although they claim to be its owners, the continuing references to this conflict distract the reader from wanting to study these unique theories. However, this idiosyncratic thought framework is said to be more fully explained in other books and papers authored by Searl. There are DVD films available of public lectures that might also be more accessible than this convoluted essay. . . .

I did not realize that there had been an incident involving his own former associates as recent as 2003.
edit on 05/11/13 by Mary Rose because: Punctuation

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join