It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Searl Magnetics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Bradley lockerman the guy who made the Searl story dvd has officially said that he is not interested if the device works or not, he is more interested in marketing the story behind it from an artistic/philosophical standpoint ie a person being inspired by their dreams to build something.

The Searl team know that John is old now and not going to be around for much longer so they are already saying "we are trying to recover the technology, piece it back together from notes/sketches". These people are sickening, they are already talking as if John is Dead and taken some secret with him to his grave.

I always hear story's about some inventor who died and took there secret with them to their grave. Anyone in the future who reads this I want you to know that I lived in the times when John was alive and the searl team has every opportunity to ask him whatever question they like...there is no secret apart from the secret that the thing never worked and is a scam!
edit on 7-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I had to pull out my [snip] again to refresh my memory.

Here is my understanding: He was working on a generator but learned that "This thing wanted to fly." At the age of 14 1/2 he assembled his first model on the kitchen table with his landlady's permission. He was testing it when the temperature dropped down to 4 Kelvin - almost absolute zero - and the device hit the ceiling. A second time he added weight to the unit but this made the situation worse and the unit went through the roof and then hovered, which affected electronics in his neighborhood. He went to jail for that.

He did generate electricity in his home with his generator but the judge found that he did not steal from the electric company.
edit on 05/07/13 by Mary Rose because: Add

edit on 5/13/2013 by defcon5 because: Removed advertising

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

He did generate electricity in his home with his generator

Let's say I want to believe that. How could one square that with this:

Originally posted by Mary Rose

He's not trying to reproduce the disc.

He's trying to develop the generator. They're based on the same concept, however.

There is no doubt in my mind that the disc did fly.

The generator is yet to be proven.

Or this:

He has just recently gotten resources with which to develop the generator.

I find it impossible to reconcile these contradictions rationally.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, I was thinking that I had confused the issue there.

Frankly I had forgotten all about what happened with him being accused of stealing electricity.

So, the question is, why can't he just make the generator again? I think one of the things may have to do with materials available now as opposed to then. But I have more work to do on that question.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes, I was thinking that I had confused the issue there.

Frankly I had forgotten all about what happened with him being accused of stealing electricity.

So, the question is, why can't he just make the generator again? I think one of the things may have to do with materials available now as opposed to then. But I have more work to do on that question.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one, the reason he cant make one NOW is because he didn't make one THEN ie he is a BS artist!
edit on 7-5-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A second time he added weight to the unit but this made the situation worse and the unit went through the roof and then hovered, which affected electronics in his neighborhood. He went to jail for that.

Hmmm, someone should clue Sterling Allan in about that.

John Searl has piqued the curiosity of outside-the-box thinkers for decades, with his stories about a home power unit that resulted in his serving jail time for "stealing" power from the grid, as well as his stories of anti-gravity effects and craft.
Source

the judge found that he did not steal from the electric company.

Source?
edit on 7-5-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: misbehavin link

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'll write Sterling an email about that.

The source of my info is what John Searl said in the DVD. I wish the DVD were online but it is not. Searl talked about what was said in court - what the judge said.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Really??

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm impressed with the snotty attitude of the YouTuber who uploaded the video:

flowerbower 3 months ago

Having used this vid to sample all of the defences/excuses which loonies might use to defend Searl, I am too busy with writing a book in the real world which will bring all of this nonsense to the attention of a wider audience. Commenting on YT vids is as pointless as correcting graffiti on the wall of a public bathroom.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by LUXUS

I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm impressed with the snotty attitude of the YouTuber who uploaded the video

I'm frankly not sure what attitude would be appropriate when looking at this clown, with his multi-decade promises of a flying saucer and his going postal on the local power grid. That's just fantastic, seriously.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I see that apparently we now have on record three newspaper articles:

1. Inside Business Section, The Sunday Times, 5th March 1978
  2. The Times 26th November 1982
  3. The Times 5th January 1983

I see the video, which was uploaded November 12, 2007, has 2,085 comments. Wow.

The YouTuber said at the end of the video that Part 2 was to follow, but it didn't. And we know that he/she is writing a book.

I'm glad you posted this because I was looking for newspaper articles and was having trouble finding them.

I see the bit about him going to jail for stealing electricity. I will listen to the DVD again and try to make an actual transcript of what John Searl said about the incident.

Regardless, his going to jail for stealing electricity doesn't bother me. It doesn't mean that he stole electricity.

edit on 05/10/13 by Mary Rose because: Punctuation

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The Times 5th January 1983

Either The Times article has a punctuation error in their article or the YouTuber tampered with the text when making the video:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Either The Times article has a punctuation error in their article or the YouTuber tampered with the text when making the video

That's what you got out of that video?

Here it is again for ease of reference

@ :13 - March 5, 1978, trying to raise a modest £110,000 to construct Britain's first prototype flying saucer.

When trying to raise funds only £110,000 is needed. That's a far cry from

@ :37 - in 1974 he reckoned it would take £12m to get his saucer off the ground.

Also

@ :37-46 - John Searle hopes to have a "modelised" version to demonstrate to UK motor manufacturers like British Leyland and Ford in May or June.

But hold on a minute, it's 1978.

Later in the documentary he states: "From 1963 until about 1978, ...Demo 1 flew 500 times around the world through the use of ham operators."
pesn.com...

So why is he saying in '74 it would take £12m to get his saucer off the ground?

Why not show "Demo 1" to British Leyland and Ford?

Why in '78 is he looking for £110,000 for a prototype if he's been flying his saucer since '63?

You gotta love this stuff

He also liked the Crawley Road location sequence. "This is where it happened" (the first model crashed through the roof and destroyed the house)... "It was an accident" he said, "and the house is gone!" The police put him in jail for a few nights after that. "They put me in a place where I won't blow holes through roofs and that again..."
pesn.com...

How many times did he "Tear the roof off the sucker"?

A few nights in jail for destroying a house?

What happened to the "IGV" that did the damage?

When does he claim the Crawley Road incident occurred?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

That is not what I got out of the video. I had not even read the newspaper articles yet when I posted that. I took screen shots of each part, cropped them, put them in Word, and printed that.

Did you notice that I was talking about the third article only?

I haven't read the first article yet. Only the second and third.

Based on them, here is what I take it the news reports are saying:

1. He was fined for stealing electricity, which was done by by-passing a meter.
  2. He pled guilty to 6 charges of damaging property in the amount of £7,000 and "abstracting" £117 of electricity.
  3. He was jailed for 15 months.

When I get time, I will put together that transcript I posted about.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

That is not what I got out of the video. I had not even read the newspaper articles yet when I posted that. I took screen shots of each part, cropped them, put them in Word, and printed that.

Did you notice that I was talking about the third article only?

I haven't read the first article yet. Only the second and third.

2. He pled guilty to 6 charges of damaging property in the amount of £7,000 and "abstracting" £117 of electricity.

When I get time, I will put together that transcript I posted about.

Here's the problem with Searl... He is all made up. He makes it all up. You are going to find a hundred conflicting reports because he told different stories to different people all over the years. What you will find, is the same lies told over and over again slightly different... And he will claim it's all part of the cover up.

The truth of it is though, is you don't need any newspapers or any other opinions on the matter. Just look at where he is quoted and you will start to see the inconsistencies and BS.

But you should know all this since you push his body of "work"

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I find it rather curious (and not in a good way) that a person who needs 12M pounds for the most important technology project in history stoops down to the level of like hundred and fifty bucks theft.

Having looked at a few videos, I don't see how these 12M pounds would have been spent, outside of his living expenses. He needs a ring of magnetic rollers? He built it. Gosh he even has an oscilloscope.

Whatever he was (allegedly) able to do back in the 60s, the manufacture of components nowadays can be outsourced to China for a few thousand dollars, without revealing the grand design (there isn't one besides hand waving, but that's OK). Heck, China has most of the world supply of rare earth magnets anyhow.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join