It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boring Sighting (Central NY, ~1996)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Since I'm posting here now, I figured I might as well add my undramatic UFO sighting story to the mix. There's not much to it, but it seems to fit a pattern, so here it is.

I was looking out at the sky through a second story window in the evening and noticed a distant white light, similar to a star but brighter. It moved slowly, kind of floaty, toward the horizon, then suddenly stopped, made a sharp right angle turn, and shot off in the other direction.

That was it. Just a light in the sky that didn't move like anything in the sky should move. I don't know what it was.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
i knew when i read your title i shouldnt have bothered to click on your story...
just reminds me, i should always trust my instincts..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I'm glad someone else out there had a sighting in Central NY. A few years ago, I got stuck in traffic on 690 heading east towards Syracuse. I saw what I thought at first was an airplane. It arced up, went straight down and then flew forward until I couldn't see it anymore. A minute or so later, I did see an airplane and I realized that what I saw couldn't have been. The airplane was much slower and had much dimmer lights.

Not the sensational stories you read about here, but maybe more realistic.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Well, I did try to warn you.

I think it matters enough to record, and to see if anyone else remembers seeing something similar around the same time and place. Certainly what I saw moved in a way I can't attribute to any known technology.

mistressofspices: I was right around there (I grew up in the area, though moved fifteen years ago, not long after this happened). I believe the whole area has had many odd sightings over the years, though more often further upstate.
edit on 27-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OP, All sightings that were real are certainly NOT boring and you did the right thing by posting it.

OK its wasn't like some aliens held you down and harvested your farts (Paul joke) but seeing some craft do what you saw is amazing. Some on here play some sort of 'willy measuring' game re sightings, if there wasn't military jets involved or aliens waving at you then its a useless report.

That isn't the case...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Thank you. And I have to say that while it does look boring compared to a lot of the thrilling stories I've seen here and elsewhere, it was certainly extraordinary to me, and still is. The feeling of seeing, very simply and undramatically, something which should be completely impossible, is hard to describe but never goes away.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I live in Ithaca, back in 90 or 91 I believe it was I lived outside of Ithaca in the hills of Newfield. One morning the guy camping in the lot next to our new home said he saw a UFO hovering over our house, we scoffed. The same day the Ithaca Journal reported that the same craft had been seen all over Tompkins county.

I'm like the scientist guy in ET, I had just read Communion and was hoping someday to see in real life the craft i see in my dreams - to find out one was right over my house and I didn't know it - frustrating!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
i knew when i read your title i shouldnt have bothered to click on your story...
just reminds me, i should always trust my instincts..

So what you're saying is; "I only click on sensationalistic, over-dramatic, and misleading headlines that almost assuredly do not contain the content indicated by the topic title?"

*smacks head against brick wall*

I actually applaud the topic creator for not sensationalizing his topic title.

To address his sighting, all I can say is that it sounds interesting and hopefully you'll see it again sometime and can snap a video or pic of it at least. It could be many things, but the directional changes it makes certainly sounds interesting.

edit on 28-3-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

top topics

join