It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of Disaster: "Everybody is leaving town!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't doubt ST is in Tokyo. There are a lot of people in Tokyo who either rightly or wrongly are sure they'll be safe, and some others who don't know and others won't care.

Around 80% of the foreigners in Tokyo have left - either for their own countries or for southern cities such as Osaka and maybe as far as Kagoshima.

If you read BBS for foreigners based in Japan you'll notice deep resentment from the people staying against those who have left - for the most part. (Very rude actually).

Here in the sticks where I am we haven't really noticed any changes. But we know they are coming.

I'm just about convinced the accident became the catastrophe it has due to the computers in the nuke plants being attacked by the STU.X.NET worm. And as this comes from the same people who run the IMF, I'm wondering if there is to be some sort of deal whereas god's pets get off relatively scott-free in return for enough wads of cash under the table to pay for the damage they caused. Have to be optimistic.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by Sanjur0
reply to post by silent thunder

Dude, you need to get out of Tokyo, in fact out of Japan. Go to Australia. Im telling you. A nuclear catastrophe is happening and it is no coincidence.

Well, I'm ready to leave pretty quickly if need be. And I came prepared this time. Last time I was caught off guard by the earthquake.

Please be careful in Tokyo. They just now detected 1,000+ millisieverts per hour outside of reactor 2. These are very high levels in the open air now. Tokyo and it's water supply could soon be in big trouble if the wind starts blowing south.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by richaado

I've seen many of your posts about Japan and I find myself pretty much agreeing with everything you've said that I've read and know enough to comment on.
About Japan that is. I'm not sure how I feel about your stuxnet/IMF analysis, but that's neither here nor there, really. It might be interesting to factor in stuxnet stuff into the equation, I've never thought about it. But at this point, such speculations seem to pertain to matters outside the scope of my immediate activities.

I do not fault anyone for leaving. In fact, I think people should leave. Those that can.

I have my reasons for being here, and I'm fairly aware of the risks. I know I could die, horribly, at any time. I would never encourage anyone to do what I'm doing. No-one sane would. People break down crying when I call them on the phone.

I seem to offend everyone. I scandalize the deniers of danger because I won't indulge their infantile fantasies. And I appear to disturb those who are more hep to the situation with my actions and general way of life, perhaps.

"I think the average person thinks I'm a f*****g nut and I deserve whatever happens to me. That's what I believe." -Mike Tyson

reply to post by MedievalGhost

Thanks!

edit on 3/28/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

so you are in Japan right now? Tell me is Japan starting to sink or not?

Leo

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by lifeform11
i suppose it is possible ....

It's more than possible... and it's very easy to do... and you don't have to be in Japan to do it

Just like you don't need to be in Japan to make a youtube video either.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply ST.

I've been telling everyone I know to get away from Tokyo. I know everyone does what they do for a reason which is good for them. Some people simply don't want to know all the details because they'll stop having fun if they have to live with a known lie.

These recent few days I tend to speak of the radioactive dangers to people who are still somewhere within easy reach of contamination in soft tones. Of course people don't like being taught to get away based on some incomprehensible numerical data which is at odds with all the rest of the information doing the rounds.

And I've learnt heaps about the subject of nuclear power and radiation because of the recent incentives. At first I couldn't make out the radiation figures because there are so many different scales used. If the weight of something is explained in terms of kilogrammes or pounds I don't care. They are measures I can understand because they can be converted. I could even grasp the concept of octane ratings, horsepower and BTU and a few more besides. But I was thoroughly confused by the ways radioactive contamination was presented.

I've got the hang of the difference between alpha, beta and gamma radiation, but I have yet to understand all but a few of the methods used to indicate the level of radiation in a sample of air or water. But the thing that disturbs me the most about particulate radioisotopes such as those spewing out of Fukushima is that if the minutest speck gets on a tear duct or a mucus membrane or inside you through eating or drinking and you don't remove it pretty much instantly then if you're still hoping to procreate then by sticking around the big smoke [sic] such a person would be doing the stupidest thing imaginable.

I'm not at all preaching at you. I think we are quite similar. I'm just a bit over where life is said to begin ... but just a bit! If I got a speck of something radioactive on me I'd survive most likely. I'd just ignore any scar tissue as it would just be another one to add to my collection.

+Not necessarily for ST.+

The young guys probably don't want to know about the danger. And Tokyo is such a fantastic place it's cruel to have it looking so good but also harbour an invisible risk. But kids and young women!!! Please think about it.

I wonder if 2012 is our self-appointed world-leaders retroactively applying a script and a timeline of events purely for the purpose of overtly installing their reign of tyranny? Or I suppose it might be real aliens living on a planet around a brown-dwarf which is the sun's twin and has a highly eliptic orbit which takes thousands of years to travel. I don't know. I do know that the former can be kind-of proved in a tangible way and the latter is only a belief based on pinning terrestial events on something in the sky I can't see myself. And does it matter whether 2012 (the end and the beginning) is our Earthly scumbags at the UN or the brown dwarf? - Sorry - I get carried away.
I mean ... it looks like whichever way anyone runs to get to a safe place to hide from planetary madness it is going to end up like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. - So why not indeed have fun and live life while you can.

By the looks (and the feel) of things nowadays there's only some nine months to go and at the rate things are crashing down it might be a good idea to at least go out with a big grin on your face.

* I spent a while trying to find the names and the positions of civvie members of the Israeli 'delegation' - unsuccessfully.
I'm looking for computer experts amongst them. Never mind. As long as they fix the computers their worm wrecked that's good for now I suppose.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by richaado

I seem to offend everyone. I scandalize the deniers of danger because I won't indulge their infantile fantasies. And I appear to disturb those who are more hep to the situation with my actions and general way of life, perhaps.

edit on 3/28/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Dude --

I don't know if I can be considered "hep to the situation" but there is no doubt that I do find your "actions and general way of life" disturbing. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your info, you are clearly a very smart and brave guy, you have serious balls and that counts for a lot in this world. After reading your stuff, I think you know what you are talking about in general. But something about this approach reminds me of a another man I once knew. He was smart, almost scary-smart, and confidant, business success, active with the ladies, stylish, and took crazy risks like you. he had a lot of gifts but he was missing something that is very basic in most human beings, something he didn't even realize he was missing despite his incredible awareness of the world and himself. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe what he was missing was something warm. He's no longer with us, and he's much missed. Please be careful.

A good piece of advice for you: Quitting while you are ahead is not the same thing as quitting. Think it over.

Anyway, good job as usual and I appreciate what you are trying to do with the info on this board. Its needed. Take care.

edit on 3/28/2011 by Tarnished Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by lifeform11
i suppose it is possible ....

It's more than possible... and it's very easy to do... and you don't have to be in Japan to do it

Just like you don't need to be in Japan to make a youtube video either.

Of course.... A lot of things that are said and done lack complete evidence. Just like my belief that ATS is set up and run my government intelligence… in fact I believe all online discussion boards are either run by (or co-opted by) government intel…. But I can’t prove it just as they can’t prove they are not.

But judging by the type of replies this video is getting from the establishment (I consider ATS part of the establishment) I am even more certain of its authenticity even though there is always the chance I could be wrong (which would be great).

It makes sense that they would want to cover up the seriousness of this…. 130 million people needing to and wanting to vacate Japan would cause the world’s citizenry to demand their governments to divert the people’s energies and resources from more “important” matters such as the illegal war in Libya.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

"We've just been told not to drink the water."

Who is "we"? I am sitting here right now in Tokyo, I consider myself better informed than most, and I have yet to hear anything about this.

Believe me, nobody takes the situation more seriously me, but I need some more solid sources than a weepy Youtube video. Finding out who "we" are and who "told" these people what would be a good start.

edit on 3/27/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

silent thunder, I know you have a reputation, and I ask you this with the up-most respect. How do we know you aren't posting disinformation?
This is a radiation flow map. (March 19th-March28th).

If you want to look into this animated maps authenticity, here is the link to the thread it originated in.

PS: I've been reading your posts since the crisis, are you an author?
edit on 3/29/2011 by SixX1874 because: Added link to links thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX1874

Thanks for your question. How do you know I'm not a disinfo agent? Answer is, you don't. One of the painful lessons I learned last week on this board is that no matter how hard one tries to communicate truth and legitimacy through a messageboard, it will never be possible to provide 100% acceptable proof because of the very nature of this medium. That doesn't mean there isn't truth here. As always, you are just going to have to make your own calls. It always helps if you are able to maintain skepticism at the same time as you agree to cautiously, provisionally accept something that seems to gell with what you already know or believe to be true. That's my messageboard epistomology for you...

I am not an expert on radiation. I'm just a businessman who happened to be caught in the quake. Like most everyone else on this board, I've had to give myself a crash course in atomic physics -- not an easy matter, seeing as I knew jack all about the subject before the event. Moreover, my hands were full dealing with very out-of-control conditions and surprises coming at me from about 6 other directions at the same time. And the beat goes on; things are not any less stable. I've therefore been unable to edumicate myself about radiation nearly as well as a lot of other people on the board. So even *I* would take anything I have to say on the subject with a healthy grain of salt.

All I can say is that I now have 1 source with a geiger counter who is giving me readings. I don't fully trust or know this individual, but its the best I can do. His readings seem to basically dovetail with other readings reported on the net and from a few other sources I've been able to suss out, and that's been encouraging to me. But make no mistake: I have a very healthy skepticism of any such figures as well.. I won't be fully happy until I get my own geiger in my own hands and start taking readings on a first-person basis, which should happen within the next 48 to 72 hours. You have no idea how hard it is to get a geiger here now, how many favors I've called in. So I'm very excited as the rest of you to see what really is going on, if I truly can.

One other point to keep in mind. As I've noted elsewhere, the focus of my activities and the area I know the most about is Tokyo as an "urban theater." I do not know about the afflicted areas, and other people on this board are much more competent to comment on Japan-wide issues or issues involving the afflicted areas.

Thanks agian...

As for your PS question "am I an author," no, but thanks for the complement. I'm just a guy who reads. Obsessively. For years and years. And posts a lot on the intertubes. Whatever style I have "rubbed off on me."

edit on 3/29/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't think suggesting the gentleman in the video should 'get a hold of himself' or 'man up' is particularly helpful, those who deny emotion and don't express it will just repress and end up crazy at some point. In this case it would be like a passive aggressive on emotional crack, sooner or later it's gonna come out! There is no shame in crying tears or having the world see it. Really it's a healthy and natural reaction to release. The situation in Japan is extreme, so extreme emotions are bound to come up, well unless a person is a sociopath. The people there are experiencing what I would compare to being forced at gunpoint to strip down naked, being blindfolded and told at gunpoint to run across Old Faithful (Yellowstone) hoping to god it doesn't blow at the wrong time. Stressful much?

I don't doubt you are in Japan whatsoever, it amazes me that anyone is suspect of that fact. What I will say though, is you are lucky I'm not your mama!
Because I'd be dragging your butt outta there despite your protests of "I'm watching to see if the gazelles run, because then I know a lion is nearby". I truly hope you stay safe and should the time come you need to leave quickly, nothing hampers your plans..like destressed mobs in a mass exodus.

I'm sure you are well aware of the danger you are imposing on yourself but then you are an adult right? It's your choice to make. Well, seeing that I'm not your mom anyway.
Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
silent thunder, hopefully you stay well, and hopefully no radiation blows your way, nor to Tokyo.

I'd be a bit worried because if the 'herd' starts moving, by then it's too late. Probably everywhere will attempt to start moving and most people are on edge, so even outside of Tokyo it could become gridlocked/jammed really fast.

The only advice I have is: "An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure", the worst thing that can happen is being stuck, helpless, jammed among groups of people.

If anything though, you seem like you're stable enough to handle updates, and if something goes wrong I think you won't freak out but would do the most logical thing-- which is best.
BTW, how fit are you? If TSRHTF...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the decent thoughts, people.

I just posted in the general Japan crisis thread but I thought I'd post it here on the off chance it could help somebody: The US Embassy is now giving out free Potassium Iodine (KI) pills to any US citizen who shows up with a passport to the embassy. I don't think they've made any kind of official policy statement or declaration but this is, in fact, going on. So if you are reading this and are an American in or near Tokyo without any KI pills, go get some -- the price is right.They are the "good kind" too -- not the over-the-counter iodine pills in doses too low to be effective.

And others here might be interested in pondering the implications of the US handing out KI pills not exactly "covertly," but seemingly without much publicity.

edit on 3/30/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The US Embassy is now giving out free Potassium Iodine (KI) pills to any US citizen who shows up with a passport to the embassy. I don't think they've made any kind of official policy statement or declaration but this is, in fact, going on. So if you are reading this and are an American in or near Tokyo without any KI pills, go get some -- the price is right.They are the "good kind" too -- not the over-the-counter iodine pills in doses too low to be effective.

Apparently, it's not just the US.

I found this:

Embassies ready iodide tablets

Various embassies in Japan are passing out potassium iodide tablets as a "precautionary measure" to protect their citizens from radiation exposure in case the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant goes haywire.

The central government, on the other hand, is only dispensing iodide tablets to people in the 20-km evacuation zone near the plant but is ready to distribute more to local residents outside the area.

From the early stages of the scare, the French Embassy began handing out tablets to its citizens. Other embassies have followed suit, including the U.K., U.S., Swiss and Swedish missions. While most embassies have specified that iodide tablets do not need to be taken at present and that citizens will be told when it is necessary, the Swedish Embassy is recommending on its website that citizens within 250 km of the Fukushima plant take them once every three days.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Soo.. logistically, how do you move 130million people from there, to elsewhere.

1. Where are you going to put them? Going to create another "Israel"? Just plop a group of people in a land already occupied? Can't see that going over well...

2. How many planes do you have? Boats? Let's say 300-600 per plane/boat. At the higher number, let's say that makes about 216, 666 trips out of the country. How many of the world's planes are going to be on standby to do this? How many boats?

And. again, where are you going to put them?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

This video was posted on youtube a little more than 5 hours ago... It's like watching a real horror show. The absolute terror one must feel in a situation like this must be completely unbearable...

I can't imagine what it would be like to be there now.

Panic is obviously setting in. Something tells me we are only seeing the beginning of this...

Godspeed to all those facing this crisis.

Let us hope for a miracle.
edit on 27-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

do you have another vid link for this? it seems it is removed?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join