It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic terrorism in Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
www.loonwatch.com...

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups). But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.) The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

I hate how some people constantly say all the violence is started by Muslims these days, it really is starting to irritate me.I stumbled across this piece, and thought it should be on ATS.

Enjoy!

Europol's conclusions

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Why let us know that it's only 6% that are muslims so we don't hate them and don't want to go to war with them in the ME and take their oil and seem like we are doing a better thing so they can just get wealthier?

Heard something like this a long time ago but people don't seem to want to listen, they want to hate muslims.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

I'm not too concerned with Islam as they do alot in the open.
It is the christian and jew terrorists you really got to keep an eye on, they are some sneaky sob's.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

It is the christian and jew terrorists you really got to keep an eye on, they are some sneaky sob's.

I love your comment! You gave me a big smile and I feel the exact same way. It's those sneaky critters that bite us without us ever seeing them.

I too used to fear Islam and the people of it, but now I live smack dab in the middle east, in the midst of them and I realize it's those across the sea that I fear most. True Islam is like True Christianity and True Judaism, you really have to seek it to find it and the believers are like tiny jewels buried amongst a pile of dung.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by svante
Why let us know that it's only 6% that are muslims so we don't hate them and don't want to go to war with them in the ME and take their oil and seem like we are doing a better thing so they can just get wealthier?

Heard something like this a long time ago but people don't seem to want to listen, they want to hate muslims.

Islam is an invasive culture in Europe, they aren't trying to adapt but are trying to expand their own native culture within the confines of Europe. Heck by the 22nd Century Europeans will be a minority in their own homeland.

It is survival, and under the Geneva Convention a form of slow genocide against International Law. Europeans have a right to self determination, if they want Muslims gone that is their prerogative. We can argue human rights and egalitarianism all day and that doesn't change the fact that something is being forced on the Citizens of Europe without their consent. The situation is akin to apartheid in SA or White Farmers owning all the land in Zimbabwe.

Europeans will become like the Coptic's are in Egypt unless something is done now, this just gives them convenient cover to push them out.

Remember not all wars are fought with a sword or gun. And as biological/cultural/sentient organism's we all have an inherent right to exist.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You get Christian terrorists too. Guy Fawkes (thankfully failed in blowing up the houses of parliament); the IRA (provisional not the real IRA); abortion clinic bombers (somehow don't understand that they end up killing people in the process of 'saving' foetuses); the pope (and previous ones, for denying the use of condoms, covering up cases of child molestation and their hand in the Rwandan genocides)

Christian Terrorists

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Do you want to qualify this statement and perhaps give us the names of Christian and Jew terrorist groups who are active in Europe.

To the OP. I think this is interesting, but the devil is in the detail. Europe has a number of active separatist movements who resort to violence, such as residual Irish nationalism and ETA who want a Basque independence. These “traditional” threats are relatively contained and their goals and motivations are understood and known. Violence from them is usually targeted and dovetailed with a political end.

The recent rise of threats from people and groups motivated by Islam is somewhat different because it has different goals and motivations which are largely alien to the respective authorities. The goals of Islamist groups are complex and incoherent and may / may not include such things as:

Support for Israel; perception of Western oppression (going back to the Crusades); support for their “enemies” such as Pakistan, Saudi, Egypt, Algeria etc.; support for East Timor; presence of troops on “their land / Muslim land”; support for other governments who are fighting “them”; etc…

Of significance, Islamist groups have shown a willingness to maximise civilian casualties. This is the primary output of their work. Whether it is the London suicide bombings in July 2005 (56 killed, 700 injured), the or the Spanish atrocity in March 2004 (191 killed, 1,800 wounded) or the various foiled attempts which would have resulted in mass deaths outside nightclubs, in airports or on planes.

You just need to look abroad into Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Pakistan, India and Russia to see the effect of Islamic terrorism under full power. Look to the Qahtaniya bombings and the Beslan School atrocities to see the length these nutcases will go to as they vent their hatred.

Qahtaniya bombings
Beslan School atrocity

In conclusion. Islamic terrorism is real and it is a threat that warrants the seriousness of attention. It is different from the traditional separatist terrorism Europe has faced and due to its nature carries greater risk.

Regards

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well if i must wet yer chops, chew on these for abit.
There is much more to find if you just look.
Mossad
For the jew angle and
cia for the christian angle even though we know the cia represents al quaeda and the jews too.
Would that be what you were hoping for?
Or hoping i would just drop it?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
In the UK it used to be the Irish everyone was scared of. The media made out that any Irishman was a potential IRA hitman or bomb-maker. I'm from Irish stock and even relatives coming to England during the troubles were treated with the utmost suspicion.

TPTB need a bogeyman for us all to be afraid of. That way they can make out that they're saving our hides every single day and we'll be forever grateful (and keep them in power ).

I wonder who the next bogeyman will be?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thanks, but we are taliking terrorism and not events which are politically driven in the shady underworld of spies and assassins. In this sphere, we can only guess what goes on, but it is not terrorism. Criminal, perhaps.

Regards

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maymunah

I love your comment! You gave me a big smile and I feel the exact same way. It's those sneaky critters that bite us without us ever seeing them.

I too used to fear Islam and the people of it, but now I live smack dab in the middle east, in the midst of them and I realize it's those across the sea that I fear most. True Islam is like True Christianity and True Judaism, you really have to seek it to find it and the believers are like tiny jewels buried amongst a pile of dung.

What the hell!?

You have just initiated a oncoming # storm from myself.

# Undercover footage shows pupils being taught religious apartheid
# Muslims who adopt Western ways will be 'tortured in afterlife'
# Unprovoked beatings captured on camera in Yorkshire madrassa
# Boy threatened with bench by senior student left in charge of class

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

‘You’re not like the non-Muslims out there,’ the teacher says, gesturing towards the window. ‘All that evil you see in the streets, people not wearing the hijab properly, people smoking . . . you should hate it, you should hate walking down that street.’ He refers to the ‘non-Muslims’ as the ‘Kuffar’, an often derogatory term that means disbeliever or infidel. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ban Christmas?

A Muslim lawyer has launched an extraordinary rant against Christmas, branding the celebration 'evil'. Hate preacher Anjem Choudary claimed the festival was the 'pathway to hell' and urged his followers to boycott it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Call for Jihad in UK

Some pics from around Europe

I rest my case

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I consider assasin squads and kidnapping terrorism, wouldn't you agree?
It matters not if they wear a 3 piece or a burkha, they are terrorists, and all of this is politically motivated, always has been.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

That last video annoyed me. Sharia law will never be fully implemented into the UK. These idiots are in the minority, There is no way it would happen. I know I wouldn't sit down and take it nor would anyone else I know.

edit on 27-3-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

It wont happen, British culture has been ingrained for thousands of years, you think people are gonna stop drinking beer and smoking eating sausages, watching football, not believing in any religion to somehow converting to muslim. It's pie in the sky fear mongering peddled by those on the right.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

It wont happen, British culture has been ingrained for thousands of years, you think people are gonna stop drinking beer and smoking eating sausages, watching football, not believing in any religion to somehow converting to muslim. It's pie in the sky fear mongering peddled by those on the right.

Imagine the British being told that as of tomorrow all alcohol will be banned. Instant anarchy!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Me? Did I initiate a storm from you? It looks like you used my post but I don't understand your post in response.
Terrorism can be an act of robbery to the person being robbed. So with this in mind we witness thousands of act of terrorism each day, so it's not something limited to the Religion of Islam. That's all. So storm on...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Yeah you thought you saw anarchy yesterday, try taking away peoples booze, sausages and football. So no, it;s not going to happen and I wont spend my time fearing that it will.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Ban Christmas?

A Muslim lawyer has launched an extraordinary rant against Christmas, branding the celebration 'evil'. Hate preacher Anjem Choudary claimed the festival was the 'pathway to hell' and urged his followers to boycott it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I rest my case

Jehovah's Witnesses and other denominations have been saying the same thing for years! The Puritans were highly against the celebration of Christmas...are they terrorists too??

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I consider assasin squads and kidnapping terrorism, wouldn't you agree?
It matters not if they wear a 3 piece or a burkha, they are terrorists, and all of this is politically motivated, always has been.

No, I consider what you describe as criminality.

Although the term "terrorism" is somewhat confused, the consensus seems to consider terrorism as not including the criminality and activities of government security services to resolve matters of national security, such as Mossad’s activities against individuals who are perceived to pose a threat to Israel.

In the context of the OP, I would suggest terrorism does not include this type of activity. If we were to include it then we would have to consider the wider activities of all Middle East nations (read Muslim nations) where some of the most pernicious government (internal) security forces ply their trade.

Regards

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think part of the problem is that many muslims are still marginalised in our society. Although the situation has certainly improved a lot over the past 40 years, there is still a lot of racism around and so many Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, etc., still feel safer living in separate neighbourhoods among their own. These are usually inner city slums where health, housing, education and recreation leave a lot to be desired.

You then get politicians and councellors, some well-meaning, who try to reach out to these communities to improve things. But they always end up going through commities of self-appointed community "leaders", who are quite often completely out of touch with their young, and have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. If their people become too integrated into mainstream society, who will they have left to lead?

This means that those people in the muslim communities with much more constructive and moderate mindsets which go against the view of their elders, often get ignored. So then the problems continue, and young muslims see their community being further vilified in the MSM, and so then they feel even more alienated from mainstream western society.

Or that's what I think, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join