It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Good Luck" does not exist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yup I said it, good luck does not exist. Everything in this world happens for a reason wether you believe that or not. Our lives our a predetermined timeline they we are living. God knows everything we will ever do, every decision we will ever make, God knows the day we die. Now we have free will to make our own decisions but those decisions are the ones that we were going to make anyway because of the way our lives have been predetermined by God. When people say that have good Luck they really aren't having any luck at all because what is happening is a situation or event that was predetermined by God before you were even born. God has out lives planned out before we are even alive.

Every decision you make is a decision you must live with for the rest of your life. It doesn't matter if people die suddenly or not. When someone dies it is for a specific reason that only God knows the answer to. People die because they Are needed by god In the afterlife or in other cases by the devil because of the decisions they have made and the way they lived their life.

Just know that your life is predermined and every choice you make is a choice that was already made for you before you even existed.

Id rather have a predermined life than no guidance at all.
edit on 27-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

How about bad luck?

Mediocre luck?

Pot luck?

Just trying to help out. You look like you want to rant.

PS: The japan reactor is running super duper high. Still wanna rant?
edit on 27-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

noooo dumb arse things happen like the way a tree grows,its just in its genetic timeline to act according to its traits,every tree grows its own way and sways its own way in the wind the same as everything else. there is no "God" looking down on us taking notes,if he made everything happen for his reason why would he bother sticking around,we would be on auto pilot lol, im not judging you,just encouraging more deeper thought and critical thinking, good luck lol

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
God knows everything we will ever do, every decision we will ever make, God knows the day we die. Now we have free will to make our own decisions but those decisions are the ones that we were going to make anyway because of the way our lives have been predetermined by God.

That contradiction doesn't make sense to me. What do you think free will is?

Just know that your life is predermined and every choice you make is a choice that was already made for you before you even existed.
No point in caring about anything.
Nothing matters at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I agree with you for the most part.
Now as for the part where people die as god or the devil needs them.
Would god create a soul knowing what they are going to do, would condemn that soul to hell?
I do believe in destiny and freewill is a pretty illusion.
I do believe in a superior being but not a devil.
I wonder if killers or rapists are actually agents of god sent here for a purpose unknown to us.
It sounds bad or weird but if god knows ahead of time how things work then that is the only explanation i can think of.
Good thread!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
methinks you need to venture a little bit beyond the bible belt, my friend...there is no use discussing that which cannot be proved or disproved...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
methinks you need to venture a little bit beyond the bible belt, my friend...there is no use discussing that which cannot be proved or disproved...

We discuss it to either prove or disprove it bro!
edit on 27-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Good argument, but it suggests my god is better than yours.
My god has the ability to see the future, therefore he knows how it will end.
In fact my god is superior to all other gods who cannot see the future.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

That's not what I'm saying but what I am saying is that God created this world as utopia. But since we have free will lucifer was selfish and wanted the powers that God has so God sent him to hell to be the prince of darkness because he betrayed God as an angel and didn't want to follow Gods word or his directions. That's why there is evil in this world Not because God created evil but because lucifer betrayed God.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

since we have free will lucifer was selfish and wanted the powers that God has so God sent him to hell to be the prince of darkness because he betrayed God as an angel and didn't want to follow Gods word or his directions. That's why there is evil in this world Not because God created evil but because lucifer betrayed God.

Now we have free will to make our own decisions but those decisions are the ones that we were going to make anyway because of the way our lives have been predetermined by God.

Angels and Demons were created by god right?
Lucifer was able to break free from his predetermined path, because of free will, but nobody else, in the entire history of time, has been capable of breaking away from this predetermined path?

This is what I have concluded thus far, by your statements-
Lucifer has always been stronger than god and any other soul that has ever existed.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

God is stronger than any demon or entity in this world and in the afterlife. It's people like you that are easy targets for the devil to take control of and make your lives miserable.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You're the one preaching here. I am asking questions that you are ignoring.
How about trying to answer my questions.

1. What do you think free will is?
2. How was Lucifer able to use free will to break away from his predetermined path, but it is impossible for anyone else to do so?

God is stronger than any demon or entity in this world and in the afterlife. It's people like you that are easy targets for the devil to take control of and make your lives miserable.

It's people like you who preach about god, but then sidestep and ignore direct questions, that turns people away from religions.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

You can answer your own questions. Since you seem to be asking me you must know the answers. And why do u say the devil is the only one to break away from free will. Have u ever heard of an atheist? You must be one because you sound like you don't believe in God which is sad.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

You are not a very good preacher. You have proven to me yet again, that you cannot answer my simple questions, so you respond with another side-step.

I don't ask questions that I know the answers to. Look at my comments on this page. Certain statements that you have made, have caused me to have questions. I pointed out these statements of yours.

And why do u say the devil is the only one to break away from free will. Have u ever heard of an atheist? You must be one because you sound like you don't believe in God which is sad.
I asked that, because that is what I gathered after reading your statements.

Let me see if I got this part correct. What you are saying here is-
god made me. god planned out all decisions I was ever going to make throughout my entire life. god made me an atheist(according to you). I must be following god's will then. god should be proud of me. I'm going to heaven.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Kid_cudi, I have a question for you. (or anyone else which wants to try answer this)

well, let's say there is this omnipotent entity somewhere. He can do anything at all, imagine the intellect of such an entity, his mind would be working at a completely unimaginable level that is completely different than ours. How can such an entity provide us with rules of living, morals, setting the rules down about how we should live out our lifes etc. How can he/she provide us with 'lessons of life'?

Here's another take to my question, as its a difficult one to understand.

Sweep yourself from reality for two moments and imagine you are trying to give an Ant a new regimen of life. So you teach them the ways of the Ant and give them 10 commandments, written on a stone from the heavens, what ever, well, how could you tell these Ants how to live. Ants have a hive-mind, humans don't. Ants cannot relate to humans, therefore how could Ants understand what you are trying to teach when they cannot and will not ever understand humans.

I have another follow up question for anyone that can answer this

edit on 27-3-2011 by fill0000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

We discuss it to either prove or disprove it bro!

Ok, 2 points......

1.) You seem to have already made up your mind with the making of this thread, (particularly the opening sentence of your OP) so your above statement doesn't appear to make much sense here.

And 2.) Bearing in mind, wow do you propose we go about proving good or back luck is real?

Anyway, in reply to your opening post, I personally feel that It's all good believing in god. In fact, I would say It can be quite admirable. But I, and I'm sure others, don't really appreciate this attempt from you to shove religion and God down our throats. It's actually quite annoying to say the least.

Particularly with your, with all due respect, ignorant stance on how luck occurs and how a God that you do not know actually works. Someone really must remind you that just because you believe in one thing, in this example God..., That doesn't mean you, sir, are the one whom is following the correct belief system.

My advice to you would be to open your mind even if It's only slightly. It would do you a world of good...
edit on 27-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So the OP goes from writing threads claiming he was abducted to talking about first contact to all of a sudden now finding religion...I always thought that if you believe in a GOD like this then aliens would be imposterise? Im sorry to notice this..but OP could you at least express on how this has happened...I generally am very curios is all...and I also believe that a person makes their own luck and that there is such a thing...nothing is predetermined...You think,you like what you think ,you do...nothing to do with A god or the devil...I would never like to believe that I am not in control of my actions or what happens to me..I think some people have seen the ADJUSTMENT BUREAU one too mant times....
edit on 27-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

God knowing all is like someone knowing a movie backwards, forwards, inside out. Now true he can interact but we were still given free will. Good Luck means things fall into the right place at the correct time for you to reach a goal. Either it could be god manipulating, or a random variable. Hell could be that you prayed just right, creating a thoughtform to lead you down you path. In which respect you created luck for yourself. So good luck is not false, just different variations of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
We make our own luck, imo.
If you are a positive person and concentrate on the good things that happen to you, you will consider yourself lucky.
On the other hand, if you are a doom and gloom merchant, you will only really notice the crap stuff that happens in your life.
Gods don't really come into it, IMO.
Also, I don't understand how on one hand you claim we have been given free will, then you claim that everything is predestined, that sounds like a contradiction.
If god knew the the final outcome of everything, why bother with this whole farce?
Finally, if god is more powerfull than any Demon or even the Devil, why doesn't he just do away with them?
It all seems elaborately pointless and pretty uncredible.

top topics

join