It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Breaking News! ******TEPCO believes reactors No. 1, 2, and 3 are breached and leaking radioacti

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
I think the biggest thing to the article is that it says they believe that things are worse than what was initially reported. This basically means you cant trust what the experts and media have to tell you when it comes to your safty

If you bought into what the governments and experts have to say, we would all be living with Alice in wonderland, and the world would be a fantastic place, until they told you it was not. It is ashame that money and lies seem to go hand in hand. Or is it man and lies. They all need to be horse whipped.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sussy
reply to post by VariableConstant

I would make arrangements for a get away plan, but untill your sure of the possibility of it reaching you, hold fire. I think the world is watching and waiting. Its scary and I'm concerned too as this could affect everyone in a linked way. Food, mass health concerns, finance. It's not just Japans problem anymore. Its the global communities.
edit on 27-3-2011 by sussy because: cus me speolling

All I can say is, all day today, people have been asking me what they should do. And I'm not talking about people on the internet, I mean some of my best friends called me today and actually asked ME what they should do, like I would know. I'm an educated man, and I pay attention to what goes on in the world, but I had no idea what to say. The best plan I can come up with is to set up camp on top of Mauna Kea, but that's not a sustainable solution. Hence my frustration at the lack of information coming out. Even people who generally scoff at the things I try to explain to them pulled me aside today and admitted that they were worried, and wanted to know what I thought they should do. I wish I had a good answer for them.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think we are all thiking of what if? I know i've been thinking of stocking up on food etc.I've thought of various ways of how it can effect our way of life and I live in England. The thing is we just don't know whats going on so we all speculate, but it's surving and being prepared thats in our minds. Ats gives us good clues as to what might be happening and reading the threads makes you panic a little. Fore warned is better than ignoring and going about life ignoring it all.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You're right mate. All news regarding the Japanese nuclear crises is given maybe 2-3 minutes coverage on mainstream media. this situation has gone fubar but the media still makes out that it is not a big deal.

This is crazy, Makes me wonder whether Tokyo will have to be abandoned.

Would that be likely do you think?

edit on 27-3-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bronco51082
Leuren Moret has said that each of these reactors contains the equivalent radioactive pollution of 92,000 atomic bombs like dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

multiply that times 4 or 6 if you want to

If what you're saying it true |TS(the crap) is about to HTF(hit the fan)| this is going to be the worst man made disaster ever if things continue to get worse OMG!

I hope the brave workers at the plant, can stop this from getting out of control! Our hearts and minds are with them!
edit on 27-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You're right mate. All news regarding the Japanese nuclear crises is given maybe 2-3 minutes coverage on mainstream media. this situation has gone fubar but the media still makes out that it is not a big deal.

This is crazy, Makes me wonder whether Tokyo will have to be abandoned.

Would that be likely do you think?

I've seen very little coverage, it really seems they have shifted focus onto Libya, and I have to wonder how much of that is smoke and mirror! (perhaps my thinking that simply shows my mistrust those in charge the world over)

I dare say the worst case situation will be dreadful for everyone especially those in Japan..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Twitter and google 'real-time' are probably the best places to get news about this. I don't trust mainstream media for accurate reporting anymore. They tend to gloss over everything important and then tell me for 10 minutes why some unknown celebrity has done something completely uninteresting and unimportant. Madness really.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

But then again they want to preserve their markets and profits above all else... smoke and mirrors to keep the broken system going, even if it is to the detriment of the peoples of Japan and the wider area.. as you say, sad really, but thanks for the tips, I am not great twittering, but it does seem useful

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

We've arrived. At our own destination. This is pretty much "you can run, but you can't hide," situation. And we did it ourselves. I am reminded of the Hopi prophecies here, which have all been accurate, though very metaphorical. For instance, they predicted "spider webs criss-crossing the land" - that would be our telephone lines. They also predicted objects falling from the sky. Many have interpreted this as nuclear bombs. And, in keeping with the metaphor, they did not specify how big those objects would be. My own interpretation is that, indeed, millions and millions of microscopic bombs are falling on us at this very moment.

We have made our own world unsafe and, now, lethal. This is what happens when man feels he can subdue and control mother nature. You took it too far, boys.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Seems like it was mis reading that it was 10 million times higher per this MSNBC story that came out

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I'm thinking this is Chernobyl x 4... The disaster rating has been complete bs from the start. I'd give it a 9 on a scale up to 7. I'm guessing the entire country of Japan will be horribly contaminated by the time this is under control. Who knows when that might be. Tepco can kiss their asses goodbye and they know it. Bastards.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

yeh, and go figure , the front page of the net is downplaying everything again, saying we made a mistake ,the counts are not as high as we thought, we got it under control.tell me lies ,tell me sweet little lies.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
So can we put this into perspective? what is the absolute worst case scenerio here? can these things go up like atomic bombs by any chance? or is the dire risk here radiation leaking in extreme amounts? it seems there's no good scenerio I just would like an idea of what is being viewed as the biggest fear here..

I am not a nuclear physicist, but here is something I was hearing on TV a few nights ago. If the nuclear material gets all bunched up into a ball, it will eat right through everything in it's way, and will sink down to the Aquifer, where the steam will cause an explosion. How big, or of what magnitude ins unknown. Do not take this as truth beyond reproach, I just heard the theory on TV, but it does make sense.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

Hi Bronco51082, and welcome to the ATS Introductions Forum, this forum is confined to introductions only.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

You are more than welcome to post a new introduction thread about you, if you wish.

For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive PM (private messages) to Staff only.
However, once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive PM's to and from fellow ATS members.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Terms & Conditions

If you feel ATS must be made aware of a story please use the complain / suggestion feature located in the Member Tools and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Thread closed / removed

Sauron,
Member & Super-Moderator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join