It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Images Discover Ancient Bridge Between India & Sri Lanka

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

This sites motto is to DENY IGNORANCE...or thats at least what I thought when I joined...but instead of denying ignorance I see it beeing praised...Im sorry if I find it to be in conflict with intrest...
edit on 27-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: add

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hey. Thanks for all the encouraging posts my friends. I appreciate it.

edit on 27-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Are we sure this is a bridge, as in a human-constructed feat of engineering, or is it a series of shoals? The reason I'm questioning this is because at one time Ceylon and India were not separated by salt water. It was all part of the same land mass. Further, you don't need to invoke a bridge to get to ancient civilizations, particularly in India.

An alternative view is that the seal level was once lower, by about 60 feet or so, than it is today. I'm not entirely sure of the depth of the ocean in that passage (perhaps someone here knows?), but if it's less than 60 feet, we have a hit.

If you read Graham Hancock's Underworld (His wife is Indian, BTW) he has spent some significant time on this very subject. His theory in a nutshell is this:

We are still emerging from the last Ice Age (hence Global Warming). 12,000 years ago a great deal of ice was still sucking up a lot of water. One of the places it did this was around Hudson Bay, which is an old meteor or asteroid strike. The ice in the bay melted before the ice on the land (If you've ever seen Lake Michigan in winter you know how this happens). The ice on the land acted as a dam--until it finally broke, and all the water trapped behind the dam poured out into the world's oceans. In a few hours a tsunami ten times worse than Japan wiped out all coastal civilizations and raised the level of the oceans 60 feet.

No need to go back a million years--a few thousand is sufficient. When you do that you find it isn't necessary to contradict anything we think we know about human origins. The existing paradigm can stay in place, and still we have plenty of room for ancient Indian civilizations. Occam's Razor and all; it's a nice snug fit.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Are we sure this is a bridge, as in a human-constructed feat of engineering, or is it a series of shoals? The reason I'm questioning this is because at one time Ceylon and India were not separated by salt water. It was all part of the same land mass. Further, you don't need to invoke a bridge to get to ancient civilizations, particularly in India.

An alternative view is that the seal level was once lower, by about 60 feet or so, than it is today. I'm not entirely sure of the depth of the ocean in that passage (perhaps someone here knows?), but if it's less than 60 feet, we have a hit.

If you read Graham Hancock's Underworld (His wife is Indian, BTW) he has spent some significant time on this very subject. His theory in a nutshell is this:

We are still emerging from the last Ice Age (hence Global Warming). 12,000 years ago a great deal of ice was still sucking up a lot of water. One of the places it did this was around Hudson Bay, which is an old meteor or asteroid strike. The ice in the bay melted before the ice on the land (If you've ever seen Lake Michigan in winter you know how this happens). The ice on the land acted as a dam--until it finally broke, and all the water trapped behind the dam poured out into the world's oceans. In a few hours a tsunami ten times worse than Japan wiped out all coastal civilizations and raised the level of the oceans 60 feet.

No need to go back a million years--a few thousand is sufficient. When you do that you find it isn't necessary to contradict anything we think we know about human origins. The existing paradigm can stay in place, and still we have plenty of room for ancient Indian civilizations. Occam's Razor and all; it's a nice snug fit.

A constant 60 foot rise in global sea levels might have appeared to be a global flood especially if many civilizations lived along coastlines. If large waves or tsunamis came with this large rise in sea levels, that would have been catastrophic to many coastal villages.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

A constant 60 foot rise in global sea levels might have appeared to be a global flood especially if many civilizations lived along coastlines. If large waves or tsunamis came with this large rise in sea levels, that would have been catastrophic to many coastal villages.

Exactly, thus neatly explaining the Noah's Flood myth, among many others extant in the mythology of people all over the world, a completely natural phenomenon that had nothing to do with arks or gods, but survived as a story passed down by oral tradition.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join