It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are fed up world wide with cuts that affect common people and giving everything away to-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Oh, brother! On the contrary! Wealthy people are fed up with being swindled by the common people. The wealthy people I know believe they are doing the work of "God and pals" and for the "better good" and they truly have worked hard for their darn earned money! The true racketeers are criminals and insane, of course. Quit blaming the "wealthy" folks for the ills of the common folks, who are by far and large, are lazy themselves, refusing to work or regain their self-esteem, for whatever they are worth. It's shameful to put the "guilt trip" on those who want to live honestly without feeding their children and passing on traits of dishonesty and ill-gotten gain to their descendants. You know who you are!

edit on 2011-3-28 by pikypiky because: To correct for more "food for thoughts".

I would appreciate it if you would not troll my thread? You didn't post a single constructive word. You called common people a bunch of names and labeled them with unfounded stereotypes. It's a lot of cocktail circuit drivel. Next time you want to post a "Let them eat cake" statement make sure it's not on one of my threads.

Regarding your claim that most poor people are criminals, insane and lazy.... Do you know what century, or era, was famous for that particular mentality?

I hope you're being satirical. If not, may I ask, "Do you ever get tired of having scraped up callused covered knuckles?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I'm afraid these protests whether peaceful or violent won't happen. Hundreds of thousands of people died over Bushes lies, yet he was not held accountable, nor were their any riots. The sheep are too tame.

however S&F

All the best,
Jacob

True.

America has become the most herded populous in history. Corporate media, and corporate funded media will always ensure the continuation of conditioning for us to be passive and weak. Unless we choose to wake up to concrete realities.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Let me explain it this way. If wages were increasing normally that would mean more people simply had more money to spend and the dynamic of supply and demand would rule the day as costs would naturally increase with people becoming more affluent. Using the article as a sample model, people living in the Bay Area have not seen a significant rise in incomes since before the tech bubble burst over a decade ago. So where is the price pressure coming from? If the stimulus is the cause, why is the average income still dropping nation wide. Who has the extra money these days to spend more creating the need to increase prices? The truth is energy producers like the Koch brothers are really the only ones today making significantly more money. How do they make more money while the rest of us make less and less? They take their extra savings and invest in off shore hedge funds. Off shore hedge funds then feed speculators who can only use the money if they bid long on futures, that's bid long on price insurances. Then producers like the Koch brothers use these price insurances increases as a tool to pressure their customers to buy at higher prices. Who else are their costumers going to purchase from at a lower price? No one. Their products are mainly fungible. That means the prices of these products they sell such as oil float collectively on the open market. They make more money because they are selling products at a higher price than they are worth. In other words they are forcing people to purchase their products at higher prices than what they would be worth if normal supply and demand dynamics were allowed to function within the marketplace. So that's where most of the inflation these days is being caused from.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

It is not what I mean about protesting. Don't fret.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It seems at the moment there is a race to the bottom when it comes to workers right's, why so many working people support the action is beyond me. It's not just the public unions but private too. British Airways staff want to strike at the moment as the conditions that they secured through their union are being attacked. Does the British working public stand behind BA strikes? No, they complain that they wont be able to fly if there's a strike and argue that other working people are struggling, so why shouldn't BA crew. So what we see is a race to the bottom, some wont be happy until BA crew have either been sacked or working for the same conditions of Easyjet crew. If you dont stand for something you'll fall for anything.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
one in six americans are relying on mediCAID (2009 numbers, might be higher now).....

money.cnn.com...

we are barely holding on here, five adults now living in the house (son is officially out of navy), and well...our full time jobs have either disappeared of they have been reduced to what is more like part time hours! you tax us any more, and you will see us in the line for food also!!!
they states have handed a ton of money out to companies as bribes to create jobs....
at least in NY, it was found that the companies had no problem taking the money, but well...a really poor record at creating any jobs, and some even took the money and ran.....leaving more unemployed!! they also found that very little of this money went to small businesses...most went to big corps!!

who a gonna tax to pay for all this crap that our leaders just has to spend money on when the only ones left who aren't standing in the food line are the rich??????

top topics

<< 1   >>

join