It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Million Times Normal Level Of Radioactivity Found In Water At No. 2 Reactor At Fukushima Plant-Ja

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
reply to post by HunkaHunka

it was on tv but ill see what i can do
nos.nl...
there u go

its dutch but it says it was a little mistake
edit on 27-3-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

Also here at Yahoo News via AP

TOKYO – Officials say a measurement showing a huge spike in radiation levels at a stricken Japanese nuclear complex was a mistake.

The readings, which showed water testing 10 million times higher in radioactivity than normal in the reactor's cooling system, drove workers to flee.

On Sunday night, though, plant operators said that while the water was contaminated with radiation, the extremely high reading was inaccurate. "The number is not credible," said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita. "We are very sorry."

Officials say huge radiation spike was mistake

They are re-testing and are going to give an update.... If anyone wants to trust that.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

"The day began with company officials reporting that radiation in leaking water in the Unit 2 reactor was 10 million times above normal, a spike that forced employees to flee the unit. The day ended with officials saying the huge figure had been miscalculated and offering apologies.

"The number is not credible," said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita. "We are very sorry."

While the water is contaminated with radiation, officials are unsure about the actual levels. They planned to take another sample, but Kurita did not know when the results would be known.

Officials acknowledged there was radioactive water in all four of the Fukushima Dai-ichi complex's most troubled reactors, and that airborne radiation in Unit 2 measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour, four times the limit deemed safe by the government."

I don't believe it either. The guys' skin wasn't burned off their legs for no reason. I feel insulted that the MSM and TBP think we're that gullible.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
not long i gues haha
could have saved me the trouble of trying to translate oh well

tnx guys

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
I don't believe it either. The guys' skin wasn't burned off their legs for no reason. I feel insulted that the MSM and TBP think we're that gullible.
In other words hot water can't burn someone's skin unless it's radioactive?

Is that what you're implying?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So now they say its not 10 million... Then what is it? How are we supposed to trust anyone involved now?

Put the meters on line!!!!!!

Let us know what the heck is going on over there!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Don't they have a HOAX section on ATS?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Don't they have a HOAX section on ATS?

Not sure how this could be considered a HOAX? Just because the officials want to cover their tails doesn't mean that them coming forward refuting the original report makes it false. If you were in their position and one of your workers let the cat out of the bag would you not immediately go on a retraction spree to minimize the panic?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
the funniest thing is they say now that the initial readin was wrong but they havent got the results of the 2nd reading than how the hell do they know the first was wrong then

my point that they have got to have a second reading witch they basicly admit but they are waiting for those to come in ....yeah wright how long does it take to read a meter
they are lying in so many ways its sickening
edit on 27-3-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So much can be done to stop this. A few thousands of an inch thick Graphite cloth alone was proven to be more effective than immersion in these types of crisis.

This is one giant event cascade, witch is too much for the reatoc technitions to handle, so they turn to the governement of Japan for help, and they inturn turn to the manufacturers at GE. So GE calls Sandia Labs, and then the long line of finger pointing starts, and people start jumping off of bridges. We are way past culpability, and into forced nobility here. It no longer matters to the people of Japan who is responsible for starting this mess, for them, history will remember the ones who stopped it.

There is only one way to neutralize a fission reaction, at this point, survival depends more on controlling the rate of decay, and exhausting the reaction, rather than trying to starve the reaction. Water is no longer a viable coolant. All it does is creat low air pressure which draws radioactive debris into the upper atmosphere. Over 600 degrees celcius, and the water infact adds energy to the reaction through increased static electricity in turbulant air flows. The roots of atomic energy are in metallurgy.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

I'm thinking you're meaning wormwood (also spelled wyrmwood in some places)

No, I don't think it's the reactor. Biblically speaking, wormwood is more like an asteroid or comet. So, Elenin? Maybe... but not this, no.

A good link about wormwood and translations etc

www.mgrfoundation.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Please forgive the lapse of reasoning. I'd blame it on allergy medicine, but really I just had a "duh" moment. Of course hot water can burn people. I feel really dumb right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by tncryptogal
In other words hot water can't burn someone's skin unless it's radioactive?

Is that what you're implying?

Are you implying that two men stood in a pool of scolding, hot water for 45 minutes with out realizing there skin was being destroyed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join