It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Million Times Normal Level Of Radioactivity Found In Water At No. 2 Reactor At Fukushima Plant-Ja

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So now it gets even worse... 10 million times worse... This is not making any turns for the better.

Does anyone know of any map which would show the dispersal of this in the Ocean? My concern is how this might effect the ocean and our food chain.

It's already enough to cause vomiting, hairloss, diareah, and fatalities

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
could this be woodworm :\, or do you think elenin is woodworm

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

I'm thinking you're meaning wormwood (also spelled wyrmwood in some places)

No, I don't think it's the reactor. Biblically speaking, wormwood is more like an asteroid or comet. So, Elenin? Maybe... but not this, no.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Japanese authorities evacuated workers on Sunday from a reactor building they were working in after high doses of radiation were detected at a crippled nuclear power plant, the plant's operator said. Tokyo Electric Power Co said radiation 10 million times the usual level was detected in water that had accumulated at the No. 2 reactor's turbine housing unit. A Tokyo Electric official said workers left the No. 2 reactor's turbine housing unit to prevent exposure to radiation.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

So what is the answer?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No clue. I'm waiting, watching, to see what occurs. Whatever happens, I'm watching.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Look at the name origin in the below paragraph. CHERNOBYL is actually the Ukrainian word for WORMWOOD.
en.wikipedia.org...

Freaky though nonetheless!!! As a side note the media and various experts keep comparing this to Chernobyl & Three Mile Isle, so the word is definitely invoked here as a comparative measure.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, in Russian "Wormwood" is spelled and said as " Полынь / Chernobyl." So, you could take this a few different ways. I might have that backwards but i know Chernobyl is wormwood.

2nd.

Talk about a minuet too short. hehe
edit on 27/3/11 by RenoKnows because: Dang he got ME!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
LOL!!! Good thing this wasn't a good ol fashioned show down! I never seem to win anything, so maybe you would've won thanks to my poor hip shot aim.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
LOL!!! Good thing this wasn't a good ol fashioned show down! I never seem to win anything, so maybe you would've won thanks to my poor hip shot aim.

I was too slow checking my facts, I never like the reaming I get from the people here. Hehhe
2nd.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

Look at the name origin in the below paragraph. CHERNOBYL is actually the Ukrainian word for WORMWOOD.
en.wikipedia.org...

Freaky though nonetheless!!! As a side note the media and various experts keep comparing this to Chernobyl & Three Mile Isle, so the word is definitely invoked here as a comparative measure.

I see you have yourself an epic thread in your hands. I'll be watching for it!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
For those just joining us...

Radiation levels are now 10 million times normal

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I apologize for deflecting the severity of your fine thread, HunkaHunka.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
10 million times!

I know how to count money, and I could probably feed 5 million people for a year on 10 million bucks...

Pitiful attempt to bump a really important finding>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Nature works in cycles ocean and air currents loop around the planet. I hope this radiation doesn't get into one of these currents and spread to the U.S. or around the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I appreciate it... Though I've heard rumor now that 1, 2, and 3, are being reported now as compromised...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
they corrected to say

(This version corrects that 1,000 millisievert reading is for air, not water.)

source

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

These reactors are FUBAR!

The Japanese Government has known this since they started to explode. They have been lying and deceiving the public ever since. Lives are at stake here, and the Japanese Government has lead their people into deadly radiation by covering up and denying the scope of how grave this situation actually is.

Everything we get new info, it confirms what all of us know... that lots of radiation has left the building and the official lies do not match independent figures and levels.

God help Japan... this is their doomsday.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
they corrected to say

(This version corrects that 1,000 millisievert reading is for air, not water.)

source

That's doesn't change the 10 million figure...

TOKYO – Radioactivity in contaminated water in one unit of a damaged Japanese nuclear power plant tested 10 million times higher than normal, forcing the evacuation of workers and again delaying efforts to bring the complex under control, the plant's operator said Sunday.
The air in Unit 2, meanwhile, measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour — four times the limit of 250 millisieverts deemed safe by the government, Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita told reporters.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join