It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Congress Approves $417B Defense Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just hours before Congress was to start their six-week summer recess, The House of Representitives voted 410-12 to approve the defense bill. The bill was approved by the Senate 96-0. The defense bill is in excess of $417 billion, which includes a 3.5% pay raise for the troops.

story.news.yahoo.com
The Pentagon would get an additional $25 billion for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and 7 percent more for the rest of its programs in a $417.5 billion defense bill Congress overwhelmingly approved Thursday.

With money for 39 more Army Black Hawk helicopters, a Virginia-class attack submarine and a 3.5 percent pay raise for the troops, the measure illustrated strong wartime support for the military, crossing party lines.

In a statement Thursday night, Bush said he looked forward to signing the bill. "Our troops will have what they need to do their jobs, and I am pleased that a bipartisan majority in the Congress continues to stand with me to support our military," Bush said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In this "Time of War", this is a great step forward. The one thing I am happy to see is that, The Troops, will be seeing some of this money.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

[edit on 22-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The U.S. could just move to another planet if we spent that kind of money on space exploration for a few years! I am glad we are strong but this budget makes me sad when I compare it to NASA's meager budget. Seems we can only spend money buying new ways to kill instead of something usefull like spreading humanity out into the universe

Ah well

X

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there wouldn't BE a US if we didn't. That's the way the world works. Sucks don't it?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yes we are a primative lot in need of a good extermination. When is humanity going to grow up and get its head out of the dark ages? The technology has progressed but the mindset has not.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Disgusting waste of resources.
Watch the world starve to death whilst carbon based fuels destroy the fragile ecology of our only planet.

Yippee! We're all gonna die!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Unfortunately, there wouldn't BE a US if we didn't. That's the way the world works. Sucks don't it?

Really? Why, what country in the world would want to invade US? If we just had our own defenses for our own country it would cost $50 billion a year and no one could touch us.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigma
Yes we are a primitive lot in need of a good extermination. When is humanity going to grow up and get its head out of the dark ages? The technology has progressed but the mindset has not.

Well what do you expect??? Just look at the numbers and you can see where all the attention and spending is aimed.
www.whitehouse.gov...

Numbers are in Billions of Dollars - Estimates for 2005
Defense - 401.7 (Strange that there is no 'Offense' category, huh?!?!)

(Even more interesting is that with an excess of over $400 Billion to 'Defense' it also has this next figure which is separate.)

Homeland Security - 28.3

(But here's the kicker and the answer to why we are still just 'Monkey-Men' only now with more destructive Clubs to bash others over the head with.)
Education 57.3

Total, Discretionary Spending 818.4

So, half of the entire spending budget of roughly $800 Billion goes to WAR, which is labeled Defense although, IMO, quite a lot of that is actually Offense, but who can tell the difference nowadays anyway?!?!

Yet Homeland Security gets about a Thirtieth.

and...

A Sixteenth of the budget goes to Education.

Just to name a few....

Well, as they say. 'You get what you pay for. We're paying for WAR, not a Secure Homeland or Intelligence.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Defence, surely, against all those, poor, malnourished, ill equipped indigenous peoples of the world that all need plundering and killing must cost at least that much.

[edit on 23/7/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well I guess it shows the US is going to be at war for some time yet, actually its hard to remember when the US wasn't at war with someone.

Does the countrys economy rely on being at war? I mean who do they have to defend themselves against really? No-one. I think it is paranoia rather than safety.

I was in FL last year and they do security broadcasts over the TV once a week! Way to keep your citizens in constant paranoia, I think its cruel.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
this is idiot why does the militairy got its money and the
vision got budget cuts for fy05 this is stupid. giving more money
to things which let us stay in war and other stuff we should give money
to space exploration which brings peace. And brings tech and ways to create things cheap so we can help mankind on earth which is in need of help. :S

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Well I guess it shows the US is going to be at war for some time yet, actually its hard to remember when the US wasn't at war with someone.

Does the country's economy rely on being at war? I mean who do they have to defend themselves against really? No-one. I think it is paranoia rather than safety.

I was in FL last year and they do security broadcasts over the TV once a week! Way to keep your citizens in constant paranoia, I think its cruel.

It all has to do with 'circulating the money within the Elitists'. I'll give you a very simple and general breakdown of how it works.

1.) Political Elite budget money in to the Military Industrial Complex (MIC).

2.) The MIC is all made up of Cooperations and Contractors and so forth that then build all the Weapons and so on. For example, Haliburton, Lockeed, Boeing, etc. (Here's the Top Contractors: www.fas.org...)

3.) The Political Elite also have some stake in those very same Companies, Sit on the Board of Trustees, and so on. Many Ex-Politicians, Ex-Congressmen, etc. after they are done with their terms are also hired on or whatever with those same companies. Then there are Investment Firms like the Carlyle Group that many of them simply have a stake in which then profit as long as they companies of that firm continue to make money. For example:
Carlyle Group Assets Breakdown
Industry

Geography

Carlyle counts among its chieftains former Defense Secretary (and deputy CIA Director) Frank Carlucci, former Secretary of State James Baker and, most notably, former President George Bush.

4.) All these people and cooperations who are making huge profits from WAR then use their influence, money, power, etc. to engineer the future members of Congress and High Office by pulling them into the cycle.

And it continues. Generation after Generation. So on and so forth, I think you can see where this is going.

They keep investing more and more money, which basically the people of this country are actually paying for, since all Government Spending is with Money they either take from the People or borrow from Private Banks that the people then are left with the debt. So slowly more money gets sucked up and cycled between these same small groups while less and less actually goes back to down to the people. Each generation then has less and less money, while acquiring more and more debt from the Government Spending, and also are asked to pay more and more to the Government!! You should notice how this will eventually lead to a problem.

It's like cycling a tank of water through a hose that drains from the bottom and pours back into the top and increases it's flow for every full cycle. However, there is a hole in the hose which continues to skim off water into another tank which also slowly gets bigger too. So little by little the cycle of water from Big tank through the hose back to the Big tank loses water at an exponential rate and eventually runs dry, while that other tank acquires the water at a faster and faster rate in comparison. (Maybe not the best example, but that's just real quick off the top of my head.)

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think it's time for the state sponsored Zionist/JUDEO-Christians to drop anymore pretense by renaming the DoD to the DoO, Department of Offense, and the defense authorization bill to the offense authorization bill.

America hasn't gone to war in defense of its shores since the Roosevelt Regime invited, baited, and coerced a stage managed attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese Empire 60+ years ago, which provided the necessary impetus for the American people to support the country's entry into the East Asian and European War theaters.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Originally posted by Montana

Really? Why, what country in the world would want to invade US? If we just had our own defenses for our own country it would cost $50 billion a year and no one could touch us.

Perhaps this would be a good time for you to read a little history?

new topics

top topics

join