It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT plant operator says radioactivity in water at reactor No. 2 10 million times usual level

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanjur0

Creation of an Empire, not by the USA, but by the elite.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I know.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
MSM is reporting, live, right now, that the reports out of Japan about the water being 10 million times above previous levels, was wrong. In fact, levels are only 4 times greater than previous radiation levels.

Can't post a link, because it was just on MSM News in the past 3 minutes.

This is what happens to people who follow twitter as a news source before any other source. This thread is now irrelevant.
edit on 3/27/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
So where does this contaminated water go when they remove it from the reactor

Into the ocean, into the food chain, and eventually into you.

The MOX plutonium fuel that appears to be leaking has a half life of 24,000 years so it'll be a gift that keeps on giving...

It is ludicrous when they say things like distance will "disperse" the radiation and it won't be harmful to human health. That might be statistically true but if you are the unfortunate soul who happens to inhale that one plutonium atom and get it lodged in your lungs then, well, it is not so "statistical".

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
MSM is reporting, live, right now, that the reports out of Japan about the water being 10 million times above previous levels, was wrong. In fact, levels are only 4 times greater than previous radiation levels.

Can't post a link, because it was just on MSM News in the past 3 minutes.

This is what happens to people who follow twitter as a news source before any other source. This thread is now irrelevant.

I wouldn't go that far....I don't place my trust in MSM, or any mass media for that matter.

Smells like a cover up to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Don't trust the Japanese reports either, they've been recently proven to be contradictory. And OP shouldn't post threads with URGENT headlines to draw attention when he or she based it on an unknown Twitter Tweet. Twitter is not a reliable source for anything. Its too easy to make fake pages and tweet nonsense to the masses. The same reason Wikipedia is totally unreliable.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
oops
edit on 27-3-2011 by Sanjur0 because: a mistake

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
oh it was a not the power plant. How silly of me. My apologies.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Sanjur0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is an MSM article citing the error.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Look when the thread was posted LAST NIGHT when get THIS it was REPORTED as 10 MILLION

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I feel the readings are not a mistake at all, they just realized - OH SNAP - the truth is going to cause a panic.

They had to evacuate because they levels were becoming too high, couldn't take a second reading - but it is a mistake. Surrreeeee. Sounds like a lot of double talk to me.....and yes, I don't believe the Japanese government is being very truthful either.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I believe what we have learned is we can't believe what they are telling us.

On the news they are showing the people in Japan that are protesting and want ALL Nuclear stuff stopped.

I think the people in the USA should also think about this:

Most of the Nuclear Power Plants are in the Northeast why because this area usually doesn't have quakes, Tsunami's, tornado's and so on BUT all it takes is one time.

They say the Plants are safe because they were built to withstand twice the strength of quake known to hit that area but they aren't even thinking Tsunami but WHAT IF!

We see all the Earth changes taking place and as I see it they can NOT say truthfully that this would NEVER be able to happen and if the peoples don't go against them and say "shut them down" then sadly whatever happens.... happens.

We need to stop lining their pockets and even if we have to step a giant step backwards maybe this is what we need to do for OUR future generations.

We need to use what our Creator's gave us for energy, wind, water, sun etc.

If we don't stand together and make the change then God help us all.

edit on 27-3-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
am i the only one or does this seem odd, www.bloomberg.com...

The company pumped fresh water into No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 reactors, Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said. The external power supply has been restored for all six reactors as of March 22, according to Tokyo Electric Power.
there is more but i was going to make a thread but this seemed like a good place, and as far as the OP, i do not trust one word they are saying.
For how can the power be up when they pulled the workers out?? and be able to work in that high of a RAD?? like working in a microwave oven

No your not the only one that thinks it's weird. It's also not factual. While power has been connected to some of the plant, it is not working in 99% of the plant. It is not connected to the reactors themself and probably never will be because the damage from the explosions was so great it fried most of the electrical wirering going to the reactors.
edit on 27-3-2011 by mesle123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I literally JUST heard on the radio that the Japanese government just announced something to the effect:

"The report of 10 million times stronger release was in error. We are sorry. Good day" or something to that effect. Man can't these guys get ANYTHING RIGHT?!?! They literally can't make up their mind and don't know if they are comin or going it seems
Damn shame especially in light of what is at stake here for the people of Japan. Wow.

Edit to add source:

Japan radiation spike report 'mistaken'

27 March 2011 Last updated at 03:34 ET

The operators of a stricken Japanese nuclear plant have apologised for a "mistake" in reporting a radiation spike 10 million times above normal.

Tokyo Electric Power Company, which has previously been criticised by officials for its handling of the crisis at the plant, said it got the readings wrong.

Despite the mistake, the radiation spike at reactor 2 was still very high and enough to evacuate workers.

The BBC's Mark Worthington reports.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27-3-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Add source reference

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

But maybe...

The nuclear industry is a snake-oil culture of habitual misrepresentation, pervasive wishful thinking, deep denial, and occasional outright deception.

When nuclear reactors blow, the first thing that melts down is the truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wonder if the radiation will go into the water,and if it could spread that way?

10 million times above normal seems like a meltdown.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You can bet your last dollar it was 10 million.

These people are nuclear physicists, they know the difference between 10 million... ...and four.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
so whilst he workers are being evacuated the reactor apparently continuous to cook. I'm delighted. The situation is under control, yeah right.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join