It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth of human existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are only two types of information, the one that’s created to lead you to a beneficial end and the one that is not. Why humans do this is pretty obvious, I always have enjoyed the example of the captains with their old sea maps.
It is known that they would always carry maps with false islands and excluded reefs, in case the wrong person got hold of the information. So when you think about it, the internet is much the same. The only difference being the content of the information and the speed that it moves at. Take a look at scientific information, which quiet a few on ATS hold in high esteem. I stand by this "question everything" mantra including people with credentials.

Terence Mckenna I had a biologist tell me once, “If genes aren’t involved, it ain’t evolution”. So that means you can’t talk about the evolution of the Earth as a physical body; you can’t talk about the evolution of human social institutions; evolution is somehow a word appropriate to biology and appropriate nowhere else. And this brings me, then, to the first factor easily discerned by anybody who has their eyes open, that compromises and erodes the hopeless existential view of the world that we’re getting from science. And that is the idea that nature is in fact, across all scales and all levels of phenomena, a unity. It’s not a coincidence that electrons spinning around an atomic nucleus and planets going around a star, and star clusters orbiting around the gravitational centre of a galaxy… it’s no coincidence that these systems exhibit the same kind of order on different scales. And yet science would say that is a coincidence.

Then when we take a look at the media, things can get even more entertaining. Well at least that was what it was first created for, I think! Haha

Terrence Mckenna “What’s so progressive about media? It’s the spreading of darkness at the speed of light”.

So the way I see it, the way ahead for each individual is when he\she uses their natural ability on how to live their life. Of course, beforehand one will have to take a deep look at what attitudes one is holding. At the same time “gradually! Work out what social programmes you are carrying. In my opinion these are the ones that condition our existence with lies and senseless habits. The bad news is that they aren’t so easy to get rid of, but the good news is are human hardware has great potential.
check out this vid by Alan Watts, I love the way he explains it.

The human game

join