It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Dealers provide Iraq with Supplies, Electronics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Russian arms dealers have equipped Iraq with supplies and electronic jamming equipment that could throw U.S. planes and bombs off course, Fox News has confirmed.

A Russian company is helping the Iraqi military deploy global-positioning system jammers to Baghdad. Two other companies have sold anti-tank missiles and thousands of night-vision goggles in violation of U.N. sanctions.

Russian technicians were in the Iraqi capital this week, instructing Iraqis on how to use the devices.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I dont know how i feel about this. on one hand, its like the russians against us. on the other hand perhaps wont carpet bomb the iraqis that much. i really dont know if that's good or bad news.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ummm ... It's bad news. No doubt about that! Guess the war is going to take alot longer than initially though ...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, I dont see it as being good news....

Russia is obviously interested in us not persuing this war. They made that abundantly clear when they said they would veto any UN resolution authorizing war. The main reason that they are so opposed to US action in Iraq is the same reason as the french and the germans... oil supply and business deals.

The Russians are doing everything they possibly can to make things hard for us, probably in the hopes that we will come to a more equitable solution than just walking all over Saddam and taking control lock stock and barrel.

I do know that the Russians were very very nervous after GW1, as they spent a good deal of time and effort to set Iraq up as a test bed for most of thier military technology. It surprised them that we defeated the best of thier technology so easily.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I dont think it is a good thing at all. The Russians are obviously helping the Iraqi's, they were in Baghdad all week showing the Iraqi's how to use this equipment. On top of that, they say they were able to sneak this jamming equipment in humanitarian aid flights to Baghdad. I'm really surprised to find out that Russia is aiding Iraq, unless it is the private companies doing this without knowledge or approval of the Russian government.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i think that's what war among nations is about .. everyone doing as it please

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rudra

But Russia made it known during the UN meetings that they were totally against war, and now they're helping out the side that was in violation of the resolution!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
and now you know why they were/are against the war. Bad for business. ;-)

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The point is, if everyone violates international law, why shouldnt russia do ? GWB set the rules and the russians are following them. There is no prejudice.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Maybe it is the overwhelming rise of "New" communism in Mother Russia. Look at what is happening in Chechnya. This is obviously another step toward returning to a hard line (like Saddam) regime.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Chechnya ? Chechnya just democratically voted a constitution by referendum ...

i dont understand what you want to insinuate .. ?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
U.S. Patriot found this link....

Just wanted to post it here since it's relevant.

However, anything written by pravda needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sorry forgot to include the link....

Click here

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not only can you not take Pravada serious, but they're Russian !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
have said all along that the reasons Russia and France are so against this war, is because they would be losing a high-paying customer, when they need the money. I doubt it will be long before some French companies are exposed for the same thing.

This is precisely why we had to go forward regardless of the UN, even if it meant rendering the UN ineffective... Talk about either with us or against us!
This is a serious blow to US and Russian relations...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Not only can you not take Pravada serious, but they're Russian !!!!!!

and what do you mean by that? you hamburger muncher

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hambuger muncher? Is that an insult? ROFLMAO!!!! My god, that felt good ... (Just munched a hambuger)

Anywho, if the Russian's don't back off they're gonna get it for aiding a known terrorist ... (Saddam) They know what the term's for this war on terrorism is ... Aww well... Screw 'em all!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by Rudra

But Russia made it known during the UN meetings that they were totally against war, and now they're helping out the side that was in violation of the resolution!

Resolution?

Didnt USA violate every regulation possible by starting the war?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Interesting, and what sanctions has the usa entered to their companies for selling the same arms, to the same Iraq?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And after the USA have spat on the United Nations what its business who sells what to whom.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join