It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um, two totally unrelated freaky things in one outing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So I'm putting this in "The Gray Area" only because this is where I first saw mention of the loud rumbly thingies in the sky. So, let me begin by saying I have no pics (maybe someday, I'll explain below) or audio. You'll just have to rely on my mediocre story-telling skills to relay the visuals:

High Desert. Afternoon. Disc Golf with six friends. There was booze involved but I did not partake as I was driving. Ok, so my friends and I decided to play some Disc Golf out in some BLM where there is an amateur 18-hole course set up among the sage and juniper. Needless to say, this was a living nightmare for a first time player like me who had no experience with the sport other than through "Sports Champions" on the PS3. Throughout the game (and no thanks to the wind), I ended the course with a +30 par. This was not what was so freaky.

At one point, we came to a clearing with a train track and a string of old-school power poles. After making sure we weren't in the line-of-fire from a nearby paint ball battle, we decided to stand around and chat for a minute. I wandered off because I didn't want a nip of the tequila (no jokes about my name) and I quit smoking so it was a living circle of long-missed vices. In my short wander, I heard from the direction we came from--but in the sky--a low resonating rumble. It never changed direction and sounded electromagneticish, like the maglev train in China. I went back to my friends and only one heard it. He was the tipsiest of the group so I didn't find much comfort in his testimony to my sanity. After everybody wandered off without me, I finally followed suit. I kept thinking about it until the 11th hole.

So, on the way to the 11th hole, the veteran Disc Golf athlete of the group decided to "tomahawk" his disc straight into a large, half dead/half living creepy ass juniper. Since I was the only one who was able to track it into the tree, I went to find it for him. This juniper had a strong, thick trunk with a horrible and twisted dead tree growing out of it. It was the tree equivalent of asymmetrically conjoined twins but somehow more sad. This arrangement is not extremely rare in the High Desert but it still caught my attention because it was such a desolate looking sight.

When I walked to the disc, I saw on the ground a pile of what I thought was torn and rained-on telephone books. Being a site of frequent firearm enthusiasts, paintball gun fanatics, and disc golf players (with great micro breweries nearby to ensure a steady stream of hippies, rednecks, and hipsters), a stack of old, wet phone books are not unusual. It was not until after my group arrived and we were about to leave when something caught my eye. I went back to inspect the pile and discovered it was a huge mound of dead birds. Feathers and bones were all that was left. Some of the bones were spirally (like those spirally pasta noodles) but I'm no bird dude so that may be normal. It reminded me of what a really really really really big owl (big enough to eat 200 birds in one digestion period) would cough up for his owl pellet. Since there is an animal rendering plant in town, we just passed it off as somebody's bad work ethics.

The rain and wind picked up so (being true natives of the Pacific northwest) we decided to hurry up and finish the game. As we were leaving, I noticed yet something else. There was a nest far up in the tree with yet even more dead birds. It looked like somebody stuffed a bunch of corpses into a rat hole. I joked that I found a dragon's lair and then took some pictures on one of their cameras. I have yet to see that friend again so I haven't gotten the pictures nor do I even know if they were any good. Yeah.

So... there's that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I caught this noise just the other day. Its scary and weird to hear it in person. I had never heard this noise before this very day. Due to the immense amount of people on ATS who had heard this sound within 48 hours period, I knew immediately what it was and I knew I had to tape it. This sound went on for more than 10 minutes. I have never, ever, heard this sound - what some call ducting- before in my life.

Now the fact that the birds are dying and being mutilated? I dont even know what could cause that. Creepy.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

edit on 26-3-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

those dead birds are just weird man... I would be severely shaken up by that. heebee jeebies. Could you tell what kind of bird?

seems like some strange ritual or chupacabra eerieness

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by Cuervo

those dead birds are just weird man... I would be severely shaken up by that. heebee jeebies. Could you tell what kind of bird?

seems like some strange ritual or chupacabra eerieness

You know... now that you mention it, I guess I wouldn't be able to say. They were decomposed but the feathers were black and grey. They all seemed rather large (crow, pigeon sized) and not the typical little birds I see out my window. What you've made me realize is this: me and my friends are the most un-aware group of people there is. I'll update this after I talk to the dude with the camera so don't be surprised if I show pictures of a pile of tiny purple dead birds but... I'm fairly sure they were largish grey and black birds.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Woah. So that was you recording? If so, was the variation in the sound cars? I keep hearing an actual tone in that video that reminds me of the demon on Evil Dead. This certainly does remind me of the sound I heard but I think I was farther away and I'm also pretty sure there is something lost in translation when recorded. When listening to your own recording, does it sound exactly like you remember it or is it more like hearing your own voice and how it sounds all funky?
edit on 26-3-2011 by Cuervo because: past/future tense confuses my tiny head

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe to birds happen to see that people were actually playing disc golf, and they commited suicide!?!?!?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PanzerDiv

Don't hate because you can't play

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PanzerDiv
Maybe to birds happen to see that people were actually playing disc golf, and they commited suicide!?!?!?

Dude, less than a year ago, I would have agreed. If you ever get conned into playing it (normally it takes a hot girl (or guy) to do that), you'll realize it's actually a blast. Just get past the stigmas, annoying attached culture, and freaky dead birds and you'd probably dig it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by PanzerDiv

Dude, less than a year ago, I would have agreed. If you ever get conned into playing it (normally it takes a hot girl (or guy) to do that), you'll realize it's actually a blast. Just get past the stigmas, annoying attached culture, and freaky dead birds and you'd probably dig it.

Perhaps, dont get me wrong though. its fun on the Wii!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

where in the pacific NW do u stay? my guess is washington cuzz theres tons of wierd # like that,like dead zones of forrest areas where we went mudding in a jeep in the middle of the night it was creepy like evil dead ha ha

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by Cuervo

where in the pacific NW do u stay? my guess is washington cuzz theres tons of wierd # like that,like dead zones of forrest areas where we went mudding in a jeep in the middle of the night it was creepy like evil dead ha ha

Actually Oregon. We claim quite a few creepy areas too but we don't flaunt them like our flamboyant neighbors to the north.

PS - I actually used to live in Seattle so I only make fun with the utmost respect.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

lol i know,im in san diego now recently,no foul, i think oregon and some parts of nor cal would make an awesome zombie movie background

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by Cuervo

lol i know,im in san diego now recently,no foul, i think oregon and some parts of nor cal would make an awesome zombie movie background

Watch "My Name Is Bruce". It's about Bruce Campbell having to defend a small town in southern Oregon (he actually lives here) from a demon. Who would have thought one of his greatest flicks was with him playing as himself?
edit on 26-3-2011 by Cuervo because: The good ole' "t" after the "gh" thange.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

ive heard of it but havent seen it yet,love bruce campbell lol awesome buddy good call!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Interesting. And that new rumble video is cool too! As for the birds, something wrong with the tree maybe? Take a piece home and leave it in the garden and see if it kills any animals

When I was a kid I climbed a tree and behind it was a large wire fence. The top wire on the fence had a dead bird in it, it didn't look too rotten - the wire was running through its head in one eye and out the other. No idea if this was some kind of ritualistic thing, and in England that's a pretty sick one - but it still strikes me as odd today not just because of why you would do it but logically HOW you could have done it.

Aliens

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
dude theyre has been dead star fish washing up in the UK and few days after the whole bird and fish death crap theyre were dead cows in VTNAM how freaky.

i wonder if us humans are next

top topics

join