It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Before reading the rest of the thread, I just want to add my view on reincarnation.

Did anyone notice that there are dreams t where you dream about things that are related to your present life, and can easily be explained?

Then there are other dreams, different dreams. They are usually reoccurring now and then throughout your entire life from as early as you can remember, and keep coming back for the rest of your life?. They are mostly the same every time. They also have a very distinct feel and mood to them. A very real, but also surreal feeling to them. The make a profound impression on you. I think these dreams are from previous lives. And I can specifically remember one that gives me goosebumps.

In this dream I'm a soldier of some sort, and having some kind of weapon. I'm going into a huge underground building where I roam around facing some weird creatures. Very "labyrintish". Hard to remember the details right now, as it's been years since I've had the dream now.

In another one I'm living in an apartment in a huge apartment complex. Then I move away to somewhere else.. Some other house. I come back to the apartment complex after a long while, and all sort of weird things are going on...

In a third one I'm a pilot, somehow I'm flying a jet for the first time with an instructor.. Cant make out the details, but this dream is probably the most unrealistic one, however I think I weave the memory from a previous lives into some fantasy elements, and it's presented as a dream. But different.

edit on 27/3/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I really enjoyed your post, thanks.

You mentioned meaningless lives, which stood out to me. I have to wonder why would any life be seen as meaningless?

Even the drunken bum in the gutter has meaning in Life.. we can learn from them as much as they can learn about themselves and the self-created lack of fortitude to step out of the gutter.

I think life in the world is only about Experience. Experiencing all aspects of life that are available in each age and culture.. we keep coming back because new experiences in different scenarios are alway available. I see we choose to come back of our own accord.

To me, no life is meaningless, even the child born with disease who dies within days was never meaningless. To me it says the Souls that agreed to share that experience are incredibaly loving to choose such a horrific experience in life. By choosing such hardships they show what it is to be human to the rest of the world... and that can never be meaningless.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
I'm not sure anyone has it figured out. Relgionists have different schemes, imaging that they know the Meaning of Life. Perhaps they will recite their catechism, which might suggest that they were here in this life to know God, love and serve Him, but what does that say about babies who die, retards and nut-jobs? There are some seemingly "pointless" lives, if you will, that defy "reason" even in a cosmic sense.

Your posts are always well thought out... just gotta throw that out there.

I have a similar question when it comes to the "afterlife" -whether it's reincarnation or heaven or hell or whatever... What happens to those of us who were unfortunate enough to be born into this world with such severe disabilities that they can never experience life the way we do? Or those who are born into this world for such a short amount of time that they can't experience anything?

I know what you mean when you say that there are some seemingly pointless lives that defy cosmic reasoning... not to say that I believe that anyone's life is pointless... as a mere human I have no right to define someone else's existence as pointless (although when I'm angry at someone you can bet I'll be spouting off that rhetoric, hahah). But yeah, it's a hard thing to think about.

If reincarnation is real, and the whole point of living multiple lives is to educate oneself until you can eventually reach some sort of apex of understanding, then what of those who've lived lives that taught no lessons?

It's just something to think about... after all, I have no answers for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thanks Tay,

Your perspective is a beautiful one, I would certainly like to think there was "meaning" in everything too. Perhaps this is why the New Age is in such ascendancy these days.

I suppose in the older Hindu traditions, where animal reincarnation is considered part of the plan, a person could imagine "souls" choosing to incarnate into various beasts?

I know, not probably currently popular with the more undated / enlightened, but as I said, more in the old tradition. Except it always struck me as absurd, people somehow "learning" from the life of a dog, etc. A real stretch for me.

But I would make a further point, related to the issue of "meaninglessness" and animals. Whether a "soul" comes into it, or not, I would not be able to say, but when Bambi dies terribly in the woods, the "tragedy" might go beyond the various human experiences, which could always be imbued with meaning, even if only from the perspective of those observing that other's misfortune.

To be clear, we can imagine "Bambi", a little deer, living in remote early America, in an area where even Indians will not venture into for centuries. Perhaps thousands of years ago, there is a forest fire! Lightning, probably. Somewhere, in the vast forests, now burning, the little deer is "afraid". She has never known fire, the smell of smoke is in the air, her mother is no where to be found, etc. She dies (eventually), after tremendous suffering, smoke inhalation, panic, even perhaps the heat of flames licking her ears, coming closer...

AND YET, not even a Native Indian will stumble upon her charred remains afterward. Sure, perhaps if they had, a "lesson" would be learned somewhere, but in my example, no humans involved. None at all. Times a billion similar, and just as "cruel" completely unknown, and seemingly "meaningless" deaths.

Is this the "real" universe? Or, do today's New Age belief systems also account for this, just as the more absurd Hindu versions, with silly karmic notions, that defy reason? At what point are we stretching things so much, that the enigma that is life, is seen for what it is, and we humbly acknowledge, "this makes no sense..."?

Well, these are beliefs we're dealing with, but while I can see some seemingly meaningless deaths/sufferings as perhaps having some "value" somehow, the universe in general seems to disagree, and perhaps even laugh a little, as we desperately grasp for comfort, amidst so much chaos.

JR

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
reply to post by Gseven

Which means that You are Me at some-other time answering this question.Right?

Exactly!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth Or, do today's New Age belief systems also account for this, just as the more absurd Hindu versions, with silly karmic notions, that defy reason? At what point are we stretching things so much, that the enigma that is life, is seen for what it is, and we humbly acknowledge, "this makes no sense..."?

New Age/Old Age... is there a difference? Our theologies are always evolving and yet we hold onto the most ancient ones as if they were the most important thoughts we've ever had. New Age is an amalgum of faiths from the pre-historic, throughout the time we've recorded up until today and still we muse upon what might still come to us in our dreams. Shamanism exists in parts of the world today as strong as they did when mankind was hunting mastadon. Nothing has been lost simply because it's passed from mouth to ear.

I think of our human experience in this way:

We walk backwards in the river of life, keeping our eyes on all that has been and glancing down to our feet so we don't stumble on the partially hidden rocks. If we turn and look ahead, we can only see to the next bend in the river, but no further. We are stuck only with what we remember from our journey.

You think that we are stetching things too much when we talk of spiritual things? well, that is a personal thing, isn't it? I certainly wouldn't want to anyone to be told how to interpret theology. I'd rather try to account for myself alone.

As for Karma... there is an immediate return for doing good things and an equal, but opposite return for doing bad things. What comes around, goes around and you don't need to be buddha to figure that one out.

Well, these are beliefs we're dealing with, but while I can see some seemingly meaningless deaths/sufferings as perhaps having some "value" somehow, the universe in general seems to disagree, and perhaps even laugh a little, as we desperately grasp for comfort, amidst so much chaos.

Bambi has a value. While it lived, it ate apples and seed from grasses and then expelled it out upon the land, spreading the seeds from its scat. When Bambi died, it replenished the earth, feeding countless insects and worms which in turn feeds the plants. Absolutely nothing in this world is without value. Maybe not in dollars, but in life itself.

You speak of chaos when there is a beautiful order. Perhaps you see a volcano as destruction writ large:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2facfb08c044.jpg[/atsimg]

But I see it as the earth renewing itself. The lava builds new land where none may have existed before. The ash covers the fields, killing all plants, but within a few years, the ground is immensely fertile. Just like forest fires kill everything they touch, the reward is vibrant renewal.

My cup is half full.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Great post!!!

I have a little story too about this...

A few things has always had me thinking, one..when I was 4 I told my Mom and I seen her and my Father get married, I seen my older sister and brother playing and described to them exactly what they were wearing and how my brother and sister looked, I described the church and I was sitting in the back, and I was looking at a little boy with shaved hair jumping over the pews. The thing is there was no video or pictures of this, so ofcourse my Mom was freaked out, I described it to a T.

Another instance was I also remember being in a car that resembled a Model T, I was wearing a white fur coat and we were driving on a big road, I can picture a row of houses to the right of me with an old fashioned street lamp, I remember this woman in the front seat telling me to sit down and I remember pulling up to this home where a woman in a blue dress answered the door, Hair pulled back and red lipstick on, told these people I was with and me to sit down and she would get us some tea, I remember seeing the living room, there was no television, but a brown wooded furniture item against the wall, there was a hallway to my left to the kitchen where this woman walked down to.
Thats all I remember about that instance.

This other one would always freak my Dad out,
I always had some kind of way of knowing when Glenn Miller was on, I LOVE Glen Miller, I always have and when I was a kid my Dad and I would sit in the car and he put on some AM station and once and it was playing Big Band, I told my Dad I love this song and he said, Who's playing, and I said Glen Miller, well when the song was over the DJ said it was Glen Miller, my dad freaked and asked how I knew lol, I was 7, how did I know? the same thing happened with Frank Sinatra.

One last thing, about Frank Sinatra, I have always loved him too, I mean to the point of I bought everything with his face on it, did I mention Im 34 years old?, any hoo, I was reading his biography and found out that his Mother died 2 hours before I was born, Janurary 6, 1977.
That was always some little thing my Mom and Dad would say after we found this out, You love big band and Frank sinatra because you were once his Mother lol.

Okedoke, done with the loooong post.
Thanks for this thread, its a great one!!!! S&F

edit on 28-3-2011 by hapablab because: type queen

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
thai boxer, thailand

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I almost never post, but I couldn't pass this thread up! I began remembering past lives when I was small - 2 or 3. The first life I remembered was one in which I lived, as a child, in a walk-up apartment in a strongly ethnic neighborhood (Irish, I think) in a big city, in the very early 20th century. My family operated some kind of business or shop. I died very young - younger than 10 - of complications of some childhood illness.

Through the years I remembered bits and bobs from other lives, usually while in a meditative state. I have meditated regularly since I was about 7. Although I'm a woman, it seems as if I were male in most of the lives I remember. About seven years ago, I met a woman who I immediately recognized as someone with whom I had lived many, many lives. She recognized it as well, and we both began having strong memories of a past life; we were French mercenaries in the 12th/13th century or so. We remembered a few others as well: Confederate soldiers, cliff-dwellers in the American Southwest, victims of the Black Death. No one famous, just very ordinary people living ordinary lives. I seemed to have gone around and around with this friend as if we were connected by a cord. She broke off the friendship a year or so ago and it left me heartbroken. Guess we'll have to settle it next time around!

I believe that we live our various lives throughout time, not in a linear fashion, but back and forth, perhaps even simultaneously. I don't believe that time is linear. You may be interested to know that I have had a near-death experience and, while my heart was stopped, I "saw" (for lack of a better word) several people from the lives I have led.

Great thread!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

If you reincarnate i wouldnt expect u to come back to earth you would be off in a different reality

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

If you reincarnate i wouldnt expect u to come back to earth you would be off in a different reality

That's a brilliant point ... we would not EXPECT. So there lay the main problem.

Different realities are all around us, most just don't see it, some do, and some of those interact with it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I have underwent significant past life regression therapy. It has been revealed to me that I was a very well to do slave owner in the south before the civil war. I ate large and hearty meals of rich butter and sausage while wearing fine clothes like a gentleman. My mansion was large and expansive and I fornicated with many a fine women of the south. My parties were legendary, and I had Andrew Jackson over my house many a time, where we would commence to drinking and gambling. I died one night when I was murdered in a duel over a southern bell named Agnes. Thomas Lincoln Dougray Willis was a man who owned a competing cotton mill down the roads way about. He and I fought over Agnes, a beautiful lady with a voluptuous physique. He decided to fight for her honor. Also I was a grey alien too.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
In answer to the thread question, I don't know "who" I was, but I do believe that my spirit was incarnated into a body (human or non-human) on another world... possible many times on many worlds. I have this nagging desire to get back "out there" for some reason. Standing outside on a clear night seems to bring out this urge the worse.

The universe is unspeakably large and there's so much to do and see. It can't be explored over thousands of human life-spans...let alone one. Thank goodness we don't all go and tend sheep, or sit around singing songs for the next trillion millenia after this body dies, like many religions teach. That's dead-end boring for sure!

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
How come a lot of people here know about their past lives and I haven't got a single clue about mine.(IF reincarnation is real, ofcourse)
Your stories were very entertaining to read and it makes me want to find out if I had any past lives.
Do I need to visit someone for that or can I just do it myself?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

im me, you and everyone else, all at once and all at the same time. time is an illusion and the past, present, and future exist simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have no memories of the past (lives), if any. Therefore, the concept of karmic debt is foreign to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lo7s3v3n7ol

oh my god..u are elot..

people run

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A fascinating post. I was a warrior in a few lifetimes. I have memories of being bathed in the blood of others and somehow surviving. I lived in a japanese temple at some time and practiced the chi and energy work that I am re-remembering and reawakening in this lifetime now. I died as a 14 year old native american boy that lived on a great calm body of water in a large and busy village. This lifetime was my last one, and I think that is how the writings of the Elders has effected me and changed my life path so much.

I think I may have been a teacher of this energy path before. Every day I remember more as this awakening goes on. My daughter once asked my wife if she remembered when she was the mommy and my wife was the little girl.

She said she used to button all the little buttons on her boots with a button hook and deftly made the motions of doing so. She said we had one here in the house, and she went to the closet and pulled out a Carpet latchhook with a wooden handle that looked for all the world like an old fashioned buttonhook. Deep stuff for a three year old.

It remains interesting.

Pace and love...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Some things are just really hard to explain. Lets just focus uniting humankind and soon. See japan as an example of true love for our fellow people. But KEEP ASKING QUIESTIONS AND NOT TRUSTING AUTHORITY

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have a huge thing with parallels and pictures of my past lives and we're all similar looking. Also met my past life civil war family and we're almost identical then/now and also met my Russian past life family; we're also similar then and now. Our cases have been talked about in the USA and in England as well.

here is the link: mordhausmania.yuku.com...

and here is a few of the parallels I share with two of my past lives:

Me and Virginia Pickett :

Virginia Pickett was born 1833

I was born 1973

Virginia died November 18, 1884

A huge part of me died in 1984 with the death of my mom.

Virginia's brother George Pickett (general, civil war, confederacy) was 15 years older than their baby brother Charles Pickett

This time around I'm the youngest and 15 years younger than Paul (reincarnation of George) who is still the oldest.

In 1852 when Virginia was 19, she had an incident where a horse spooked and knicked her in the side of the head.

In 1992 when I was 19, I had an incident while grooming a horse after a ride. He knicked me in the side of my head; I have a scar now.

Virgina loved music; singing and playing the piano came naturally to her

I love music; singing and playing keys (piano) comes naturally to me

We both started playing at 3 years of age.

Virginia had two brothers and lost 3 siblings to death shortly after their births

I have two brothers and lost 3 siblings due to my parents fostering them and them having to go back to their families or adopted out.

Virginia and I hated wearing dresses and wanted to be boys to avoid the hassle.

You can't find one pic of me as a little girl in a dress without pants on underneath.

Virginia and I are both loving kind people but we had tempers if anyone pushed us too far. We'd let you have it - and then apologize profusely after, realizing how our tongues got away from us.

Virginia helped with wounded CW soldiers. Her husband was a military surgeon on the Confederacy side.

I was in the Army to be a Combat Medic helping wounded soldiers. My boyfriend at the time was also a combat medic helping the wounded.

Me and Jane Grey and Virginia Pickett parallels

Jane was born October 1537 and died Feb 12th, 1554. Had 2 sisters.

Virginia was born 1833 and died November 18th, 1884. Had 2 brothers.

I was born 1973, my mom passed in Feb 12th, 1984 taking a bit of me with her. Have 2 brothers.

as a side parallel, my son was born October 18th 1994.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join