It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Tayesin,
Seems like you have them all figured out.How many lives do you know you have had?

Not all of them, just the main ones. My life has been different to everyone I have ever met.. seems this one is to Experience directly, Remember and share easy ways for others to do it themselves. Puts me on the fringe but I like it here

I know of 12 so far with hints of others, like crossing the land bridge to north america around 30,000 or so years back.. haven't looked into the rest. Real life has to go on too in a balanced way.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

There are times when I am in meditation and feel the definate presence of another.... i guess sentient being... no real word for it, I always reject the idea out of fear, but thinking of a guide as your own higher self is an easier idea to deal with. In dreams I also encounter beings asking ....things on various conversations relating to some greating perspective of life and again, being unsure as how to respond I generally reject the thoughts.

So, I take comfort in the idea that our higher self is our spiritual guide- now when I think of this higher self part of me wants to personify it as a higher `litteral self` but something makes me think it is a very impersonal thing, the accumulative experience or karma that is guiding your day to day, could that be your higher self?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have no memory or awareness of previous lives but for some reason I think I have been through this one before.

The same "me" but just a different life.

Like another poster, I often wonder if I did something wrong in another life. This life had a common theme of injustice. Strange, strange experiences which taught me lessons.

My autistic brother has been asking about his previous life and wanting to know about it. I really don't talk too much about reincarnation with him so I think it's strange he even brings it up.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Interesting.....thank you.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Ive always had the feeling like i dont belong to this particular point in time. I search for a simple life while everything around me gets more and more complicated. I also feel detached from reality at times. While other people focus on now and what there going to do in the next hour or day. Non of this bothers me. I seem like i have unfinnished business and im trying to search for what it may be. So i spend a lot of time focusing on the big questions while everyone else just lives their lives.

When you mention feeling connected to a certain period of time. For me its the second world war and the blitz in london in particular. Ive always had some afinity with it that i cant explain.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Snapshots of numerous past lives have been revealed to me, from the very ordinary to the extraordinary, so I don't really know where to begin or if anyone is actually interested, but I suppose I'll just go with the first one to come to mind.

One of the farthest back in time was in Atlantis, where I was executed for committing a very heinous crime of sacrilege. In the centre of a kind of temple was housed this huge crystal which was the powerhouse for, well, I'm not sure what, but it was regarded with great reverence. The crime that I committed was that my lover and I made passionate love on that crystal and experienced something quite otherworldly, to say the least. I was executed by some priestly types, and on death I immediately found myself in a hell world. This was very different to the traditional hells as painted in scriptures. It was a beautiful, but brooding, landscape, and everywhere I glanced, I perceived the essence of utter fear and horror. This is hard to explain, as the actual view did not change, only that the vista contained within itself the living embodiment of terror. So anyway, the upshot of that hell experience is that I leant to respect crystals from then on, and even in this present life I sell crystals in my store.

OK, that's all for now, as I don't like dwelling too much on those past things.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Hi Mysticmoon,

When those snapshots were revealed to you were you undergoing past life regression therapy or was it more like visions? Just curious about how you came to receive those snapshots.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

I would love to get my hands on those records too.
Ive asked my mother what my hypnotists name is and she say she's doesnt remember the hypnotist name and my old doc is long since retired so he's a dead end.

If you or anyone knows how i could chase up my hypnotist medical records i would be be happy to get and share my findings.

Peace,
Meathed

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

How big is the town you live in?I think I'd go to the Yellow Pages and down the list and ask if anyone was working in1982...or if the knew who might have been working.Since most professionals know who they replaced in the town...

If that doesn't work, have you ever thought of being re-hypnotised?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't say that I specifically recall any personal previous incarnations myself, but since I was around early adolescence I had a very clear image in my mind of having closely known someone who was very expressive with the written word. For years, I simply assumed that this person was simply a figment of my imagination.
I can't describe how profound my amazement was when I read his words on an internet forum, and realized that he was no "figment" at all, but a real memory from some past life. I felt compelled to contact him, and we are very good friends in this life now. I have no idea if he "remembers" me, and I haven't brought that up...whatever is meant to be in this present life is meant to be, and I'm fine with that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

When those snapshots were revealed to you were you undergoing past life regression therapy or was it more like visions? Just curious about how you came to receive those snapshots.

The past life I related above was revealed to me spontaneously while I was drawing up the chart of a person who I had met at a trade show. That person was my lover in that atlantean lifetime, and my reaction to the revelation was quite physical, with me suddenly becoming very ill, sweating profusely, and shaking uncontrollably. Thankfully that was only a very fleeting reaction. We felt a strong pull toward each other in this life, an overwhelming sense of familiarity, but at the same time an equally powerful wariness, sort of like warning lights flashing all over the place. I think we were both relieved that we were just ships passing casually in the night this time around.

A few of the lifetimes have been revealed through assisted regression, though on the whole I prefer the spontaneous experiences. Several lifetimes have also been given to me through other people, both through dreams and visions. Still some others were a spontaneously shared revelation with another person, on some occasions with total strangers.

These days I deliberately avoid past life recollections when possible, as I find it revives some of the old attachments, and I have hard enough a time letting go as it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have always had a suspicion that in a former life I was an architect. I have no education or experience in building design or construction in my present life, but I always feel a profound, passionate appreciation for grand structures. It's more than just admiration or interest. It's a deep seated, strange, knowing feeling

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Another past life which I find rather amusing was from the time of Pompeii when Mt Vesuvius actually erupted. I was a consulting astrologer to some noble, and on this day he and a couple of others from the household were making their escape on a chariot. They urged me to hurry and come with them, but I insisted first running back to the house to collect a few valuables and trinkets, among them a golden goblet. The last image I have of myself is trying to outrun the flow of lava, this somewhat overweight male in a long tunic clinging desperately to his possessions, yelling to the ones in the chariot to wait for me.

In this life, I still have the tendency to value my precious trinkets too much, and I took to astrology like a duck to water.

edit on 27-3-2011 by mysticnoon because: syntax

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, I feel a lot less weird. Thanks ATS!

I've had a lot of past lives, too. I was (not in order) a Norse sailor, a Mexican man, an early Christian who got burned alive by the damn Romans, a Frenchman, a Persian soldier. Probably more. And, memorably, a small crustacean (crawdad, I think) that got squished by a larger animal tromping through the shallows of the swamp I briefly lived in. All based on things I've remembered but couldn't have experienced at the age the memories began. (Shortly before my third birthday, when all my life memories started.)

My most recent past life is the one that concerns me most. I was a man, I was a bad man. I beat up my beautiful girlfriend regularly and practiced black magic. I had a few redeeming qualities, such as the musical talents that have followed me through time to this body, but I was a terrible douche overall, to the extent that my battered girlfriend shot me point blank in the chest and stood over me til I died. Just to make sure. I've had vivid memories of my death as far back as I remember. I can still recall her face and the way she kept her hair, and the way she smelled, and it makes me feel bad inside. The guilt about what I did to her has been a part of my character from a young age.

(A kind of funny thing: my mom had to explain to me when I was very little, why I didn't have a penis, because it friggin baffled me.)

It's mostly the occult thing that makes me curious, though, because I stopped when I died and resumed as soon as I had the mental faculties to do so; and there are several incantations which allow those skills to pass from one life to another. I wonder if I did one of those. No black magic this time, though. Right-hand path all the way. I've been determined ever since I was little that this time I would be good.

I've avoided trying to learn any more about my past lives, mostly because of the previous one where I was so very bad. But it's a memory of pain, not actual pain, and my curiosity is getting damn near overwhelming. I want to know about the people in my life, and if I knew them before. I want to find out about who all I was, what I was like, and why I've been beating around the bush with the whole escaping Samsara thing.

Addendum: my mom is very sure that she was a Holocaust victim in her most recent past life. She remembers the reek of the camps, and has extreme terror and loathing for all things Germany. I've never been yelled at as severely as when I told her I wanted to take German in high school.
edit on 27-3-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by Tayesin

So, I take comfort in the idea that our higher self is our spiritual guide- now when I think of this higher self part of me wants to personify it as a higher `litteral self` but something makes me think it is a very impersonal thing, the accumulative experience or karma that is guiding your day to day, could that be your higher self?

It will personify itself for you, using an archetype you have a feel for. The overidding thing is how it Feels to you. Feel will give you all the information you need. Once you know it's Signature Feel, you will be able to recognise it's influence when they arise. Little things like how one thought might enter your mind within a "shot of light".. or when thinking about things you get a noticeable warming on your back or head. Some people arrange one spot on the body to get these notices.

So the input happens for each of us in a million little ways. Example:- as a teenager I had a job as a motorcycle courier and always raced the machine everywhere I went.. until one morning. I put the key in and kick started the bike, took the last drags of a ciggy and then got a warm feeling in my head and a man's voice said loudly to me, "Don't go that way today". No one else was around, and I did hear it inside my head. I decided to ignore it, lol.

Had a crash with a truck on that route I had picked out for fun that day.

Other times it was simply a funny feeling, almost the same as the Voice time. but only a Feeling. I get it everytime there is danger ahead on the roads.

Yes it is the same as accumulated experience.. it's all part of the same thing but it is You.. the bigger You. I don't go along with the traditional view of Karma so can't respond to the last bit.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by lo7s3v3n7ol

we rescue ourselves-

To the point, yes. We rescue ourselves. We just won't know that we did until after we've done it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
reply to post by meathed

How big is the town you live in?I think I'd go to the Yellow Pages and down the list and ask if anyone was working in1982...or if the knew who might have been working.Since most professionals know who they replaced in the town...

If that doesn't work, have you ever thought of being re-hypnotised?

I'll start searching sometime next week.
I have divorce court tomorrow, and thats is because of that selfish part of my last life that i mentioned, repaying me in this one.( Karma and or Yin and Yang?)
I live in Newcatsle, Oz. My town isnt that big on the scale of things, so that is a plus.
Ive got a docs appointment next week, so i will ask him about the local hypnotists and start then.
And no I have never thought about getting re-hypnotised, but i will, if i cant find my records.
And like i said , i WILL share my records if i find them.
Thanks again for your words.
Peace.
Meathed

ps.I will start a thread soon about other things i have seen on my journey through this life.(Scary)

edit on 27-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Good luck tomorrow!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

reply to post by Tayesin

It will personify itself for you, using an archetype you have a feel for. The overidding thing is how it Feels to you. Feel will give you all the information you need. Once you know it's Signature Feel, you will be able to recognise it's influence when they arise. Little things like how one thought might enter your mind within a "shot of light".. or when thinking about things you get a noticeable warming on your back or head. Some people arrange one spot on the body to get these notices.

So the input happens for each of us in a million little ways. Example:- as a teenager I had a job as a motorcycle courier and always raced the machine everywhere I went.. until one morning. I put the key in and kick started the bike, took the last drags of a ciggy and then got a warm feeling in my head and a man's voice said loudly to me, "Don't go that way today". No one else was around, and I did hear it inside my head. I decided to ignore it, lol.

Had a crash with a truck on that route I had picked out for fun that day.

Other times it was simply a funny feeling, almost the same as the Voice time. but only a Feeling. I get it everytime there is danger ahead on the roads.

Yes it is the same as accumulated experience.. it's all part of the same thing but it is You.. the bigger You. I don't go along with the traditional view of Karma so can't respond to the last bit.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

On where I actually feel the thoughts, I know when I am in my subconsious mind, I feel weight in the lower back of the head, if I am meditating, and stuck in the mind ranting, i literally feel my consiousness is "buried" in the back so to speak, then I come out of it and I am back in the dim blue front of the head.

I have a decent intuition, I dont always trust it, but I guess intuition is another way of talking about my higher self.

Thanks a lot

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

There's no certainty — only opportunity.

I am V!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join