It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My dad used to joke that in his previous lives he must have been a Sheikh, because any temperature under 30 degrees Celsius is too cold for him - And a shark, since if he could, he would eat fish for every meal of the day.

Personally, I never believed in reincarnation. I don't reject it for any specific reason, it just never made more sense to me than for example the Christian understanding of the soul and the afterlife.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Maybe you were his wife. I don't think gender has anything to do with who you are now. I mean we are meant to experience right? So we probably expeirence the opposite sex aswell. Only makes sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

I hope you were not Oswald...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

I know what you mean- feeling connections to certain people, the first time I saw a gustav klimt i had a deep inner remembrance- like warm love of something I just felt a connection, Ive even re-painted some of his pieces - I dont actually think I was him, but I might have been close to him.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

So whats next ?Who will you BE

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow awesome!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't know if I've given enough thought as to whether or not I believe in reincarnation. Having said that, my middle child has made more off the wall comments in his 10 years of life that I can't help but wonder if... A few off the top of my head are
"in the old country..."
"tumbleweeds rolling down the lane..."
"when I was with my other mom..."
"remember that time the doctor held me down and gave me a needle and my family was watching behind a one way mirror..."

He's always been a VERY odd child and things like those above statements have come out of his mouth since he was about 2 years old...some we shrugged off as possible dreams, or maybe movies he'd seen (the doctor one)..but the "old country" one came out of him when he was only 2.5 yrs old and it made us laugh and laugh! He got really upset that we were laughing at him, so I don't think it's jsut something he heard and repeated for laughs. And the one that's always chilled me is the "other mom" or "other parents" line. He's 10 years old now and we don't hear much about these supposed other parents but it would cause actual arguements from this child!! He insists he once had different parents...and he is our biological child, never been out of the home etc.

Could be totally unrelated to reincarnation..we sometimes wonder if he wasn't beamed down here from some mother ship

Michelle

P.S. IF reincarnation is real, I must've done some really bad things in my other lives. My life has been filled with blow after blow of horribly sad and terrible things. Do you think you can "undo" that stuff?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

I've always felt as though I was a man in a previous life. Someone who wore black boots, a rather large dark hat, and an overcoat. Maybe a captain of a ship...a pirate maybe? I also feel as though I died in water.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Just for fun who were you and why?

Not wanting to sound out there or a nutter, but this is what I do know...

Silly Old Tay:- Born here early in 1960.
Buddhist monk:- Died in Tibet 1959 when shot through the abdomen by a very young Chinese soldier. I could see fear in his eyes as I walked toward him... it was his fear that pulled the trigger. Strangely the pain was not as intense as we would think it should be. It was simply too fast for anything other than the force effect on the body to register before my lights went out.

I don't like telling people this next one because in the past 15 years or so it has become Popular to have one of these

1800's:- Native in america. Young and either married or about to be. About the time of the last great Summer Camp near Snake River. The lady and I were walking in the hills a few miles from camp when we were spotted by four or so white men on horses. They chased us and we run uphill on a path that led to cliffs above the river. As we approached the edge the men were 20 or 30 feet behind us at full gallop. My lady hesitated and stopped at the edge, so I pushed her as I leap out. The men and horses followed.

I met that lady again in this life, and she hated me for killing her. Still does despite knowing I had to then.

About 5 to 600 AD:- a Bard in England, in service to his king. Got to travel around a lot which I loved. This is the life that explains my avatar and user name. Great memories of then, except for some warring hoards here and there.

Couple of hundred years earlier than the above:- Far north western Scotland in a Pict tribe. We were dark skinned, some of us where very dark almost black. About age 7, I spoke out of place in a tribe meeting and was given to our 'shaman' to be educated. He taught by Standover tactics. Later when I taught I also used his methods. My main task ws protector.. like head of the military. Standover tactics was what my dad in this life used on me too.. and so I had to learn how to not follow the trend this time.

I failed to protect my people from northern sea raiders when they arrived overland as I was down from the mountains near the coast seeing our fishermen. They were using coracles. I asked about whether they had seen any raiders, which they hadn't. On the way back up the mountain range I saw smoke. When I stepped over the ridge at the top I could see my village in ruins, women and children gone, elders all dead and animals gone for food.

You can bet I had some emotional baggage over that one for many years.

Okay, that'll do you ..you don't need to know them all.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Wow dude

thats pretty cool

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Michelle,
It does make you think about past lives...I've been told at a certain age they forget about their past lives.

Makenit,
Have you been back on a ship in this life ,or are you afraid? Due to finding your demise in the water.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin, how did you find all this out about your past selves? I am interested in finding about myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

I love this thread and look forward to reading all of the posts....

Unfortunatly i have no memory of my past lives

S&F

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks for your question.

I have the feeling that i wasn't a good person in my last incarnation.
I feel that i was a very self absorbed person.
I feel i was selfish to the point of being repulsive.
I believe i was weak and manipulative.
I know i was here before, but i was scum.
I know that all that is happeing to me now, is a lesson that i didnt learn in my last life.

I have had odd thoughts and memories since i was a child.
It seems the older we get, the more the past lives fade from our thoughts..
The one memory that scared my parents the most was when i was 5, I explained to my parents that i chose this life from one of many lifes. I told them that I was lead into a room out of which shone a brillent bright white blueish light. I was lead to a machine, on which there were many possibile lifes were printed on some type of book on which the words could move when you touched the screen. I was told that i had to chose one life of the few on the screen, all of which hold many different paths of wisdom. I was told, all i had to do was touch this" screen" and then i would be off into my next skin.(Touch Screen Computer in 1982?) It was explained to me that our souls have countless different lessons to learn and we cannot move forward to our next plane of existence until we learn them all.
This was in 1982 when i was 5yrs old. I was taken to doctors. The Doc couldnt help, so then I was taken to a hypnotist to see if he could help.
I went to dozens of hypnotic sessions. My parents still to this day, wont say what was said by me in those hypnotic sessions.
But i know something happens to our souls, after our so called ends.

To me, it seem perfectly normal to have these thoughts as your children do.
Peace

Meathed
s&f
edit on 26-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I like this theory. I have only met a handful of people who I have felt a connection to. I know when I see a certain glint in their eyes that I believe to be their soul. Has a very profound effect on me.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin, how did you find all this out about your past selves? I am interested in finding about myself.

The most recent one formed some strong memories I had when I was young, and about 12 years later I was handed a book by L. Rampa that seriously shook me to the core.. I knew things about Tibetan life that the book was confirming.. and yet I should not have known details of life where I had not been.

At 17 I met my first real teacher who showed me how easily we can access our larger awareness, and that was the first time I knew for sure that the body is only a vehicle driven by Soul.

Almost 20 years later I met my second real teacher.. I call her my mentor. She was the first to show me how easily we can access our history by using what's called the Christos method.. no it's not a religious thing. After you have experienced reliving sections of your lives directly you can reconnect at any time to them.

Reliving other ones didn't come until I was working regularly with what we call the higher-self... it represent the soul you are... and most people think of it as their main spirit guide. It's task with you is to lead you to your own Memories. Each of us has a place where we keep icons that symbolise the themes of our earthly lives, so regaining the experience and knowledge from those will cause us to Remember what we are and why we are here now.

/rant

Edited to add:- We have a couple of lives in each age and culture, some of those are our favourites and hence why we get a feeling for them.

In some of mine I was a slave in south america, a very nasty egyptian man who was murdered because of his character, and lots of other "unsavoury" lives. As you would expect it is the nicer ones we want to remember.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Tayesin because: to add stuff

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Interesting topic. I've always felt, since I was a child, that I died once by drowning and possibly once by suicide. I'm absurdly afraid of drowning, always have been even though I swim like a fish. I've never been able to stand any type of touch to the inside of my wrists. Even sleeve cuffs bother me. No thoughts beyond that, though I've long been curious as to where I've been.

This life is more of a curiosity to me. My memory is so patchy & spotty. I feel like I'm not really living in the "now", I'm simply treading water waiting for, something. My life seems spent watching rather than interacting.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Tayesin,
Seems like you have them all figured out.How many lives do you know you have had?

Arkragon,
I've seen you on this site many times.If I remember right I agree with alot of your post.I never forget a smile

Meathed.
Very interesting!!! I wonder now that you are in your thirties if you could get your records from the Hypnotist?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

yeah, you just know that you know, nothing to qualify, its just right. I met my girlfriend like this, we moved in together after a few weeks and have been together 5 years. its insane! there are a few other people in my life that are all interconnected in this way, 4 or 5 souls that have insta-love for eachother.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm pretty darn sure I was Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie) lol
I've always had a really big fascination with her (as I'm sure LOTS of little girls do when they're learning to read novels).. I wanted to be her in the worst way!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join